SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
updated..
*Thumbs Up*

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music...
If you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature. :P +1

SWG Retired Veteran
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

well, I can say that from our point of view, we would like to release ASAP. Even if that means before Player Cities are available. The biggest things coming down the pipe right now for testing are:

Creature Experience

Working Heightmaps (So we can put random lairs and creatures all over planets, and more closely work on each one).

Housing, Factories, Harvesters. (McMahon thinks he has about a month of polishing on this stuff before it's ready to be pushed to test center. We'll see how it pans out!)

Crafting (Kyle successfully crafted the first suit of Composite Armor, including all sub-components, 2 days ago. His crafting formulas are working VERY close to pre-cu, perhaps identical. All that SHOULD be left with crafting is some data entry and scripting. All pretty fast stuff. So that's exciting. We should see some crafting on Test Center VERY soon!)

And Combat 2.0 (This is nothing like any sort of balancing or **** like that, this is just PanchJr going in and taking the proper amount of time and giving the right amount of attention to each combat profession to make sure that it's handled as closely as possible to pre-cu conditions as possible. It should be hitting TC before too long.)
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Crafting (Kyle successfully crafted the first suit of Composite Armor, including all sub-components, 2 days ago. His crafting formulas are working VERY close to pre-cu, perhaps identical. All that SHOULD be left with crafting is some data entry and scripting. All pretty fast stuff. So that's exciting. We should see some crafting on Test Center VERY soon!)
You just caused me to salivate quite profusely.

EDIT: 1,203rd!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

This thread is so full of win

/twothumbsup
Old 10-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Nice to see the teamwork.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Web Developer

+1 Step to the future!

[IMG]http://wmcc.su/userbar.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
well, I can say that from our point of view, we would like to release ASAP. Even if that means before Player Cities are available. The biggest things coming down the pipe right now for testing are:

Creature Experience

Working Heightmaps (So we can put random lairs and creatures all over planets, and more closely work on each one).

Housing, Factories, Harvesters. (McMahon thinks he has about a month of polishing on this stuff before it's ready to be pushed to test center. We'll see how it pans out!)

And Combat 2.0 (This is nothing like any sort of balancing or **** like that, this is just PanchJr going in and taking the proper amount of time and giving the right amount of attention to each combat profession to make sure that it's handled as closely as possible to pre-cu conditions as possible. It should be hitting TC before too long.)

Critter spawns with hieght maps... Oh my.

Houseing: well even at a month+ out this is still awesome!

Crafting is this close? Oh so this we might see before the next 2 week update!

Combat 2.0! cheer!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:12 PM

just received this websites link form a friend i met on SWG and i think its incredibly awesome what you guys are doing and give you my gratitude for this project and i never understood why swg did what it did made no sense to me what so ever and still doesn't to this day from a college student learning to become a game designer. ty very much for your hardwork.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 PM

this thread rocks even more now, thanks for the update seas
Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm glad someones taking an interest in the Project Status chart again. I do love the bi-weekly updates (they really have been getting more detailed than ever lately, thanks!), but this thread brings the project status all together in a glance.

All I've ever thought it needed was to be updated a little more often, and for a 'professions' section to be added. Err wait, somebody just did that. And yes, I do keep coming here and I did notice. So thanks for this one too.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonza View Post
i never understood why swg did what it did made no sense to me what so ever and still doesn't to this day from a college student learning to become a game designer.
Hello
Short Reason: John Smedley is a fool, to put it nicely.
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 10-22-2008, 03:04 AM

/bmoc dev team =]
Old 10-22-2008, 04:38 AM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Thanks for the updates, great job!

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM

Keep up the good work guys, you have given a new life to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzahler View Post
wow.... finish housing and guilds up and this thing is ready for release in my opinion (I would be willing to wait for GCW and JTL)
I agree xD Finnish crafting, combat, housing and some other basic things and release the alpha :-)
Leave GCW for Beta and JTL for the final realease ;-)
Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 AM

I really don't need JTL ... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as at that time they started to cripple the ground game!!

Most important to me right now would be to get the rubberbanding fixed (i often think i will go epileptic) .. and the npc's teleporting all over the place when attacking them.

But I love what you have done so far.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: