SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average. Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 10:21 PM

Thank you for doing it right the first time through development. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:26 PM

No need for apologies. You are doing the best you can to revive a game that was brutally murdered, and you are doing an amazing job thus far. If people cannot understand that this stuff isn't a magic wand kind of creation, thats their tough cookies.

Just know that the heart of this community understands that this undertaking is no easy feat, and we would much rather have a working game we can all get back to loving, than a broken half rotting corpse.

If people want a quick fix, they should go back to SOE to be driven insane. I will however stay patient, and be happy that someone is doing it right this time.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Get some well-deserved rest. At least we are moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:52 PM

I didnt make it to the stress test tonight, but I have followed up with the Emu for a good long time now. I am very impressed with what you guys have done here. The original game had twice more devs that what you guys are working with and so far the code is doing better. I rather wait for a good outcome than a broken game like SOE makes. We all have to admit that no matter how much we loved PreCU it still had its problems, but it doesnt have not as long as we have the patience to wait and to help support these guys and their work. SWGEMU will get the job done, Thank You.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 PM

No worries. I'll do my best to be there for the next one.

Just playing the little bit I have lately has been a wonderful gift.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 PM

Understood..
/signed

I'll send you and the team some chocolate.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Anybody who has any knowledge with programming has to respect what you guys are doing. With a new OS and new code, things are expected to go wrong. That is the whole purpose of the stress test.

Anyone *****ing about things going amiss has no idea what programming is like, and their opinions should be taken with less than a grain of salt.

You guys are doing a great job and all the work you are putting in is extremely appreciated. I'm sure there are plenty of guys like me here who know what you are dealing with and have the utmost respect for what you are doing. Who gives a **** what the tards think.

Rock on!
Pace' Ekif- Krayt Killer
Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Yeah, guys, if the game were finished, then something like this would be startling and maybe upsetting....but it's not finished, that's the whole point! If testing always went smoothly, why test at all? Yer all doin' great.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Honestly I am glad to see that you guys aren't rushing to release the emu. It will be better if you spend more time on it.

Plus **** man its free and no one said you had to do it

Thanks for the work. Once I can get my SWG working I'll join you guys on a stress test.

Just one thing. Possibly leaving a server up 24/7 and just updating it as the server gets updated would be better... but yet this would cause much stress and posting about OMFG WHY IS THERE A CAP?! So... I don't know... maybe this way is the best.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:55 PM

It's a good thing you guys are taking it slow. But i'm still hoping for another stress test.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Although it did not work out, the SWGEmu team gets an A for effort. Take a break now and regroup after you all rested a bit. After a break you all will be in a better position to move forward.

Also don't let those idiots who are complaining bring you guys down. These juvenile people are whining and complaining since they don't understand the value of what you all are trying to accomplish. They have had things given to them instantly and on a "silver platter" all their life. They can not respect anything take takes time and effort but rather expect instant gratification at anyone elses cost. These immature people can not be taken seriously and must be ignored.

Keep on moving forward and keep up the great work!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Seperate from SOE

IDK if this has been said or not, but this is yet another thing that seperates swgemu from soe. Saying "we'd rather do 100 hrs of testing" is awesome. I wish that was soe's and microsofts mindset.

Props. Keep up with the good word. And for what its worth I dont go a week without meeting at least a few SWG vets and tell them about this kick ass project. My contribution to you guys (small, but i'm sure it helps).
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Well, what can I say that already hasn't been said. I guess I'll just restate then. This test wasn't a failure, things were learned we just didn't get the outcome we were hoping for. Look at Silly Putty, 409, etc. Better luck next time. Good thing is now everyone can move forward knowing that we are this close (holds up hand to show very small) to completion. A big w00t w00t for the swgemu devs.

Also off the topic, if any dev could send me server stats during the short test: (active npc count, active pc count, processor performance graph, etc) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again swgemu you guys are awesome!!!!!!

◄▒▒╫╫╫╫▒╘ ╛╫⌠██████████████████████████████████████████)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 AM

less than three the devs
Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM

No worries boys, we appreciate every little bit you do, just keep on keeping on
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: