SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

It's always the same one or two people that get manic flametarded anyway. Hopefully they'll learn or just stop posting.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Im happy with flames getting deleted. But a friendly debate... it's just a little bit too much censorship IMO
Old 04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I actually hadn't noticed that, maybe I missed it The Corr debate last night got cleaned up but we all know why : /

A lot of this is new for the project, let's give it a chance to settle in imo.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshic Stalker View Post
Im happy with flames getting deleted. But a friendly debate... it's just a little bit too much censorship IMO
Absolutely and when you feel that happens, let folks know.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:30 PM

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10154

decided to be closed...Please dont patronise me firehawk.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshic Stalker View Post
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10154

decided to be closed...Please dont patronise me firehawk.
It is not ment to patronise....I don't read every thread....but I do have access to the Admin Forum so am willing to pass along complaints, just as I will do in the Prof Rep Program

EDIT: I looked at the thread and while OT forums are nice, I can't say I care what gets discussed or closed as I don't read a single one, sorry.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
It is not ment to patronise....I don't read every thread....but I do have access to the Admin Forum so am willing to pass along complaints, just as I will do in the Prof Rep Program
Cheers mate
Old 04-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of making the community act more like a normal MMO community. That's not an easy task. But it is necessary if we are going to restore a community like we had Pre-CU. Not to mention the fact that there are people out there like my wife who would have made good testers if they hadn't asked the wrong question on IRC, which was understandably irritating, and solicited a negative response. Unfortunately the flame the noob response converted her from gearing up to be a serious tester who knows how to systematically work on breaking code, to a casual troller for the past six months. You are making the right move for the future of SWGemu.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaff View Post
Thanks for taking on the responsibility of making the community act more like a normal MMO community. That's not an easy task. But it is necessary if we are going to restore a community like we had Pre-CU. Not to mention the fact that there are people out there like my wife who would have made good testers if they hadn't asked the wrong question on IRC, which was understandably irritating, and solicited a negative response. Unfortunately the flame the noob response converted her from gearing up to be a serious tester who knows how to systematically work on breaking code, to a casual troller for the past six months. You are making the right move for the future of SWGemu.
This is true enough. Here's our opportunity to cultivate better beta testers. Can anyone who is very experienced testing games to the breaking point write a short FAQ or Guide to testing the SWGEmu? Maybe have several people collaborate on it? I am more than willing to try.

Here's my idea for sections to discuss:
What actions and responses to look for, in general;
What mechanics to look at, in general;
How to report;
The most efficient report form structure;
Where to ask questions for specific subjects, etc. (Maybe have a subsection for links to each profession coorespondent's FAQ and testing concerns, irc addresses, chat info)

Then maybe put the finished document in the main faq for easy location by newbies.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 04-21-2008, 12:11 AM

Sounds good!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 PM

there are many "quiet" members of the community who fully support and understand the reasoning...

Keep up the great work...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 AM

any changes are a welcome sight. I almost gave up on the bi weekly status updates. /cheers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: