SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
Oh dear lord... I'm scared.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
Let the whines begin about how unfair it is that some have all the epic weapons from the cheating and duping period now that the loot has been tuned down

Or did you tune up?
Good thing weapons decay right?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Seriously guys your killing the hand that makes the game we love.

Devs it should be a credit to you how seriously we take an incomplete test server. Thank you for your hard work. Please don't let the trolls and flaming get to you.

To those that didn't want a wipe - you win
to those that did want a wipe - you'll win when OR comes out and they wipe anyways.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Good thing weapons decay right?
Not unless they fixed that bug too ....

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

Thanks for that update crush

new loot tables? interesting, very interesting
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM

I think a large part of this result was a backlash against many YES voters' baffling sense of entitlement. There was a pretty big degree of childish foot-stamping going on for someone to wipe them.

Of course that all stopped when the developers made their prompt and incisive decision as so politely requested by the community. Nobody would be classless enough to continue pouting and whining after that.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 AM

I'm pretty happy just with new loot tables. Weapon decay would seal the deal of overwhelming joy. LOL.
CmeDoHappyDance
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I've noticed that the last night
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Decay is just fine. You cant go "negative" anymore from what I understand.

Its simple.

Old, uber weapons go boom on use (it might take weeks or a month or two).

Loot tables are brought more in line with where they should be (no more sentinel loot drops).

Now its a level playing field. Crafters will be usefull again as crafted items should be comparable to looted items and visa versa.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

Ty.This is understandable and I respect the decisions of the Team! Hope today is a better day for all!

Need Help? Search Here

Helpful Links

CAN'T CONNECT?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand". Abraham Lincoln

** MY BLACK LIST ~ Leonidovich (Russian) **
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Thanks Crush... I think thats all we wanted to hear. A more specific reason. Now if we can get off the devs backs and let them get on with things with our support Crush has mentioned 5 months. Thats not a fixed term but it certainly more info than we had.

Quote:

Its simple.

Loot tables are brought more in line with where they should be (no more sentinel loot drops).

Now its a level playing field. Crafters will be usefull again as crafted items should be comparable to looted items and visa versa.
This is a good thing. Make me feel warm and glowy. Not glow-bat glowy, just happy.

Decay alone is a wonderful constant credit sink. No, not for uber-doopers, but thats not the point.

Last edited by BigEvil; 04-28-2010 at 08:39 AM.

C'mon people, the startpost clearly tells us they did not have any idea it would create this amount of hysteria. They clearly state this was not the intention. They saw this poll was deviding the community. The poll created uncertanty with the players.
All the comments made them see that a wipe wouldnt be benficial for us, it is a radical change, and as we all know, radical changed can be devestating (see CU / NGE). The moment they saw this, they Veto-ed the poll, A wise descision in my opinion.

Let us not forget what they gave / are giving us back. I fully support their descission.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:

Its simple.

I hope this is true.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Good to hear that is fixed too ... prices will prob go through the roof on trade forums once everyone figures out

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: