SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Strange and Unusual: TC and the Times

Dear Community,

There are times when I am very proud of the brotherhood shown by the TC-Community in particular. However, today is not one of those days.

Anyone who thinks it will be "fun" to exploit our systems, or even worse are egotistical enough to think they won't be caught needs to know now that any hacking, exploiting or taking advantage of our systems or permissions will be met with permanent project blacklists.

Some members also find it funny to "con" their way around the galaxy trading duped and bugged items. I advise all honest players to be on the look out for these dupers and their trades, if you don't know them, ask around. We will ban all dupers - and we WILL find you.

I also ask all Jedi to keep their light-sabers to themselves. It is totally inappropriate to exploit any bugs in light-saber equipping in the way they currently are. If you're not a jedi and have a light-saber, I'm sure you're very proud.

Some people around here need to wake up and smell the flowers. This project does not operate for the titillation of a few thugs. It's so much bigger than those who are taking advantage of us as they currently are. If ever there was a reason that all of our developers would throw down their tools and give up, it would be because of rabble like this. Think about what they're up to at the moment - a major overhaul of Core3, a whole jedi system, events, fixing bugs.... Those who think that they can take that for granted and abuse it, I say this to you: "This project will never be for you, and you don't deserve any of the time put towards your enjoyment."

Good day.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Anyone who thinks it will be "fun" to exploit our systems, or even worse...

Its a TC, why even try to do a thing like that, what is there to gain that wont be wiped in a near future?

That's just stupid....
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Quality Assurance (On Leave)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
. Those who think that they can take that for granted and abuse it, I say this to you: "This project will never be for you, and you don't deserve any of the time put towards your enjoyment."

Max
Well said, good point! thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this.
TylerDurden@swgemu.com
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

/snip
Quote:
"This project will never be for you, and you don't deserve any of the time put towards your enjoyment."
QFT x1000

Well said Max, very well Said.

Odz

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:47 PM

Brava!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:50 PM

The fact that Max has to waste his time posting this at all is really sad. It's amazing that there will always be 5 morons to screw up a good thing in my life, no matter what I get involved in.
Rodd's SWG Pre-CU Tales - Updated 10/5/09 - Entry 70b (Page 65)
The Awesome Locations of SWG Thread
Pre-CU Guides & Archives
Pre-CU Game Guides
Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
The fact that Max has to waste his time posting this at all is really sad. It's amazing that there will always be 5 morons to screw up a good thing in my life, no matter what I get involved in.
You're right, those people are in EVERYTHING. I wonder how much further the project would be if we didn't have issues like this all the time.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:08 PM

yup such a shame. Too bad these "bad apples" don't realize all they are really doing is delaying progess and pissing off the rest of the community.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Honestly there's rarely any incidents. Granted the community has had its share of bad apples, but pretty much all of those have been resolved and those member(s) don't post anymore. We will probally always have members that take advantage of the teams hospitality, and as Max said they don't deserve it.

I really hope people will get it through their thick skulls and realize this is a non profit test center, the staff don't have to be doing this at all. They are doing this in their free time for the same reason we would do it if we had the means, they are doing it purely for the love of the game.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
yup such a shame. Too bad these "bad apples" don't realize all they are really doing is delaying progess and pissing off the rest of the community.
Not really, in doing so they did highlight an issue and it looks like its been resolved, looks like a step in the right direction to me, that being said I'm not condoning exploits =P
Old 07-17-2009, 02:14 PM

Devs

Please take a philosophical standpoint on these morons, it's only your valiant efforts that are giving these cretins the chance to act so childishly

Please pass their details onto me and I shall hound them to their dying days

Keep up the amazing work and try not to get too upset by all the arseholes, sadly they are everytwhere

Liberator IGN's Xao (template tbc) Syphilis (Doc/something)

Old 07-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
Not onnly do they realize it, but they are only happen when they delay the emu I'm sure. They would be happiest if the devs scrapped the entire project.

I have dealt with this before, these people get satisfaction out of screwing up good things on the internet, generally because in real life, they are on the other end of similar foul intentions.
Rodd's SWG Pre-CU Tales - Updated 10/5/09 - Entry 70b (Page 65)
The Awesome Locations of SWG Thread
Pre-CU Guides & Archives
Pre-CU Game Guides
Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 PM

What a shame this had to happen, truly. Some people just can't appreciate the effort of others.

I hope that nothing less than a permanent ban is implimented for those who would exploit and otherwise take advantage of a gift such as this.

I hope this doesn't deter the developers, moderators, CSRs, and other staff members who are selflessly putting in their FREE TIME AND EFFORT TO BRING SOME ENJOYMENT TO US!! Thank you, thank you.

WWhermit
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 PM

This community has come a long way. We've all gathered here because we believe in this project. Many of us have spent hours sifting through the game, trying to find errors. I remember when I first discovered SWGEmu. I was so happy to hear that there were people out there wokring to restore this game to what it was before SOE destroyed it. I was more than happy to lend whatever aid I needed to, even if it was just going around and visiting towns in order to make sure everything was in place. Hundreds of us have helped in whatever way was possible, because we want this to succeed. I know this will succeed!

I think I speak, not only for myself, but for the community as a whole when I say 'We will not let some young punk-ass kids ruin OUR game.'
Old 07-18-2009, 03:07 AM

I have a question that relates partially to this (dupped/bugged items part). I was never much of a crafter in the pre-cu, so I am not sure now how it was supposed to work with practice mode.

Anyways, I have found that in crafting certain objects (such as wind survey tools, or crafting tools) and I select Practice Mode, it will create a stack of 25 items, all in a factory crate. The survey tool seemed to be functional, but the crafting tool was not.

Now I ask, are these considered bugged/dupped items that would constitute 'cheating'? Because I had put up 2 crates for a low instant sale on the bazaar, not knowing whether or not it was normal or not. If it is, I apologize to the people who bought the crates, and it was never my intentions to spread malignant items.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: