SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Retired Event Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephik Raoden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordalis
...You are so hopeful that this emu will be like it was, it won't, so freakin chill. Listen we all loved the old SWG, and hope that the emu team can come up with an alternative..."YES! i said ALTERNATIVE". it's not going to be the same. I'm sorry children, I don't post often but I read now and then....freaking relax! These guys are doing this as a hobby! SWG is dead...SWGemu may live one day...go do something else, don't latch on to this project and make it your life...
...SWGemu is a minute side-note in my life, as well as in my time spent gaming. I have a life (albeit uneventful recently, due to a debilitating illness). I only recently found out about SWGemu while sorting through the mmo forum community to find something that is not lame and/or simple (omgz I'm a noob to emu). While it is...

...pwned!
/soapbox
And he's right, SWG will never die, not for me anyway. Yeah, it's just a game, but there was a community through the game. The friends you made ingame were real people, just like you and me. Sure they might have different views, but they're living breathing human beings. I don't think you're being a realist, I thing you're just being pessamistic. Look at what the original SWG created and look what SWGEmu created, they both created huge united communities of people of all races, ethnicities, religions, etc all to come together as one. I think your missing the point of the SWGEmu team. Yes, they are making a game, and we all know it won't be exactly like the orginal, but they're making a community. As they develop the game, they also develop a medium on which that community thrives. Say what you want about the game, but I beleive that most, if not all of the people who will play emu will play it for the people. Most of the people who play this game do have lives. I know I have one, I know the devs have one, I'm sure you do as well. We all need an escape from that life and we need to emurse ourselves into this seperate community where we can still be ourselves and have fun and for a few hours not worry about the problems of life. Sure it's only a virtual world, but the people are real and that's all that matters.

And as always, amen to the devs for spending their time in making this game and community possible for everyone else.

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow