SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Poll? Oh I missed the poll... get stuck in a few threads with what forum time I have so don't always keep ontop of this/all forums. Anyhoot, I vote no

It's testing... not everyone spends vast amounts of time playing a half-working game, so who cares if some peeps have tons of stuff? Hey, how about a rollback to 2007, we'll play freez-tag around anchorhead
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 PM

The poll itself was extremely biased. There were 3 options for Yes and only two for No. In addition, the wording left much to be desired. Fair would have been

No - won't play till OR
No - but I'll still play
INDIFFERENT - I don't care either way
Yes - without frogs
Yes - with frogs

This is only in addition to the numerous citings of developers trying to turn the tides of the poll. Amazingly, with 3 No answers and only 2 Yes answers (60 to 40), people STILL chose pretty overwhelmingly Yes. And let us not forget that the poll was 75% 12 hrs after being posted.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Retired Game Master

I'm just a GM who happens to know exactly what these comments are doing to the otherwise very dedicated devs.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
I'm just a GM who happens to know exactly what these comments are doing to the otherwise very dedicated devs.

It comes with the territory. Perhaps the Devs in question need to take a break for awhile and not mess with anything until they've either recharged their batteries OR decided that the payoff isn't worth the headache.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Well, I have no part in the debate, not even going to look around for who is saying what. All I have to say really is that the devs are doing a good job with this all. Development is a big task, tons of things happen that makes one head spin, it's work. So if they want to wipe or not wipe for whatever reason, it's really up to them. There really wasn't that big a difference in the poll anyway, it's not like 80% of forum lurkers are wanting a wipe. So, imo, it's their call
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM

It amazes me how people openly attack moderators here. I have spent a lot of time on the TESNexus forums. You folks don't realize just how easy going the mod.s and rules are here.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Retired Game Master

Yes, you were misinterpreted.

And pretty sure that was Obi-wan.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.
Quote:
Yes, you were misinterpreted.

And pretty sure that was Obi-wan.
Ahm, got me on that one!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM

In fact throughout this entire process, the devs were not involved until cRush attempted to put out some flames after the fact and was unjustly attacked.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM

geez the drama, it's bringing the database server to it's knees.
Think I'll go play with my modelling app
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM

I agree with Daywolf. They work harder than anyone else, and they reap no benefits from it. Personally I think everyone should stop fighting....but that wont happen...so at least dont bag on the devs...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:19 PM

I for one am happy there won't be a wipe so soon! Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM

After some time to calm down and refocus on what is important, the fact we can all play SWG as it was meant to be enjoyed, I would like to say kudos to the devs for any communication at all.
I think when things like this happens it reminds us of what we have all been through and not just with SOE. Most of the time the community is not thought of and when something scares us we react poorly.
I feel lucky to have found this game again and am thoroughly enjoying it. If I wasnt I wouldnt be here.
Maybe in future you should have a poll about whether to have a poll or not... hrm.. seems silly doesnt it.
Keep at it guys. We're here because of your dedication. Sometimes we forget that.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM

Quit in the face od diversity?? Id rather have less like that.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 PM

I think we should just forgive and forget. its done its over and theres nothing that can be done. just acccept it and move on.
Closed Thread