SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned

its not resolved, i just got it 3 seconds ago.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIronman View Post
its not resolved, i just got it 3 seconds ago.
Not you to!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 PM

No, its still stopping me from logging in. I dont think I am doing anything wrong....
Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 PM

As was said before, your not doing anything wrong, the server is deadlocked. Ignore that it says on the first post of this that the issue was resolved, that isn't about today.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibbit View Post
No, its still stopping me from logging in. I dont think I am doing anything wrong....
Ys y r, y md ths pst, ddn't y?

Last edited by Max; 05-16-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: bedside manner, please get some
Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 PM

I am having this issue aswell. ARG!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Yes you are, you made this post, didn't you?
If you can't post something constructive, don't post at all. I understand your frustration with multiple posts about this, but the forums are here for people to communicate with. When it's an issue like this, as a CSR said, they're a little more patient with people. If the CSR's are patient with people in this sort of situation, where there's no real information about whether the server is having trouble, or the people in question are having trouble, you should be too.

Not everyone reads every post made on every thread, particularly when they're just looking for quick answers, so they're going to skip over places where the question HAS been answered from time to time.

Honestly, an announcement section that was updated when something IS wrong with the server, so people could stop banging their heads on the wall would go a long way to alleviate the problem, and make your somewhat snide posts a little bit more warranted.

I know you're trying to help, but you come off the wrong way, and with new players, this is just going to drive them away... especially when they're just looking for answers.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaezel View Post
Honestly, an announcement section that was updated when something IS wrong with the server, so people could stop banging their heads on the wall would go a long way to alleviate the problem, and make your somewhat snide posts a little bit more warranted.
You're actually posting in it, in addition to posting in the very thread that explains what the problem is and that it's related to downtime.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
You're actually posting in it, in addition to posting in the very thread that explains what the problem is and that it's related to downtime.
Actually this is a thread from a while back, but with it's title, it's a natural place to look for someone who's not terribly familiar with the forums. Particularly when it's describing the same issue. So... people are posting in it... and other posters are acting like they're idiots for doing so.

There is no official post about today's downtime that I can see... so naturally, due to the title, new folks are going to look here for answers, and skip around to see what they can find out. Since the first post is from 5/3, people will likely skip to the end of the thread for information, and instead they're getting railed at by someone for posting in the thread, stating that simply that they're having the same issue, so that it's not a localized issue. As you said, CSR's are being patient with these folks, but when you've got community members coming off as they have in this thread, you drive away those new players from what is an important tool... the forums...

As a CSR, if you want to solve the problem, or help solve it, perhaps an 'unoffical/official' update on the first page about TODAY's issue is in order, as well as a request to refrain from further posting on the matter. If people continue to post about it, they get what they deserve... Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM

Its popcorn time

Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaezel View Post
Actually this is a thread from a while back, but with it's title, it's a natural place to look for someone who's not terribly familiar with the forums. Particularly when it's describing the same issue. So... people are posting in it... and other posters are acting like they're idiots for doing so.

There is no official post about today's downtime that I can see... so naturally, due to the title, new folks are going to look here for answers, and skip around to see what they can find out. Since the first post is from 5/3, people will likely skip to the end of the thread for information, and instead they're getting railed at by someone for posting in the thread, stating that simply that they're having the same issue, so that it's not a localized issue. As you said, CSR's are being patient with these folks, but when you've got community members coming off as they have in this thread, you drive away those new players from what is an important tool... the forums...

As a CSR, if you want to solve the problem, or help solve it, perhaps an 'unoffical/official' update on the first page about TODAY's issue is in order, as well as a request to refrain from further posting on the matter. If people continue to post about it, they get what they deserve... Just a thought.
[UPDATE] Overhauled thread title to reflect relevance to today

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
LAWL...good stuff.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
I seem to be having this problem, any ideas on whats going on?
Ttl bsnc of rdng sklls myb?

Last edited by Max; 05-16-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: be nice you
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 PM

I have absolutely no resentment towards those who posted, but I think that perhaps, in the future, if the players of the test server want to address their issues, it would be wise to read through the whole topics. That doesn't require them to read every new topic on the forum, but it's like reading a book over an issue of yours rather than reading the synopsis.

And in the case that people complain about time issues, you've got time to spend playing an emulator project in production, right? You should also have time to spend learning the issues of said server. After all, the devs need y'all's input to keep progressing as they've been doing. Keeping the input orderly and knowing what you can about the issues goes a long way to help them know what they need to work on.

Once again, I'm not railing on anyone, I just presented an opinion that can be taken as people wish. Disregard my opinion if y'all feel you don't want it.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Awesome, thx!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: