SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:49 AM

Maybe Santa is comming early this year ?
I think there will be a surprise late December...
Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Great idea! And good progress!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniK View Post
Not until after the 1.0 release. Unless they decide on what method you unlock it with, which means it would be tested before the release of 1.0.
Jedi will have to be tested before 1.0 release, and so will BH missions on them.

So Jedi will be in several months before 1.0 release, once almost all other things are complete.

The reason is simple: To properly test and ensure all other professions are working, because once jedi is in 90% of the playerbase will be a jedi. That would hinder testing and development and would delay the Emu.
So for now jedi is on the sidelines. As for unlocking... we will probably test both methods as it will be a servers choice.

Important Links:
Launch Pad Enhanced (Easy SWGEmu Setup)
How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester(If your new or confused as to what is needed)
Help Save Commando Voice your opinion

Tolbat | SWGEmu GM | SWGEmu Quality Assurance
Contact me: tolbat@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbat View Post
once jedi is in 90% of the playerbase will be a jedi. ...
I'd say it's pretty accurate.

On the other hand, jedi testing will be done in no time
Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM

Old 12-13-2008, 09:58 PM

That sounds great, you guys are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work and here is to hoping for a holo system!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:29 PM
King of Nerds

My plan for the Emu is the same as my original SWG plan.

Bounty Hunting the crap out of all the Jedi.

So, I'll be more than happy to help with that part of the testing!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbat View Post
Jedi will have to be tested before 1.0 release, and so will BH missions on them.

So Jedi will be in several months before 1.0 release, once almost all other things are complete.

The reason is simple: To properly test and ensure all other professions are working, because once jedi is in 90% of the playerbase will be a jedi. That would hinder testing and development and would delay the Emu.
So for now jedi is on the sidelines. As for unlocking... we will probably test both methods as it will be a servers choice.
wooo man that smart thinking i can't wait to test BH out against jedi be so much fun Good Job (y)
Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM

This should be pretty fun once Jedi and BH mission are compete give me an excuse to run wild and make a bunch of BH's cry.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

WIll be a great time for me to play Jedi...

Am I ever going to get Pw|\|3d...

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM

My favourite thing about Pre-NGE SWE was that to become a Jedi it actually took time, and depending on if you roleplayed or not, it took weeks or months to actually get somewhere as a jedi (or even get a lightsaber). Go enclaves!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looter View Post
My favourite thing about Pre-NGE SWE was that to become a Jedi it actually took time, and depending on if you roleplayed or not, it took weeks or months to actually get somewhere as a jedi (or even get a lightsaber). Go enclaves!
For such reasons, I'll be out for a Master to teach me once I UNLOCK fs, god knows that will take a while itself, as it should. I only experienced fs under the CU I never got to complete the village because NGE kicked in. I only got half way there.

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM

I unlocked Jedi in the CU by 'nade grinding.

Honestly, the system in the CU was retarded. You're forced to be in groups for hours on end and then waste a bunch of travel time to turn in waaay too low xp caps... Plus, if you used grenades you would get all combat experience. Which exchanged at 3:1 for FS xp, rather than 30:1. Personally, I would rather explore my training in other ways than mindlessly killing monsters in generic missions that constantly repeat themselves. I'm honestly surprised that so many groups put up with that crap. Maybe they didn't notice the only action I'd take often times was to throw a single grenade at a lair and I'd grind at a rate 10x as effective as everyone else.

I would honestly love it if there's a smaller roleplaying community out there that will have their own system for deciding force sensitivity, perhaps randomly, which isn't so foolish and ill thought out.

I never finished my template before the NGE hit.
I always come close to tears whenever I reminisce on SWG experiences, even though I wasn't a really good player (I never pvp'd, I always thought "I suck, and will just get ganked repeatedly" because I was never in a pvp guild. And wasn't a stacker.)

It's very depressing the things I missed. I never really fought a bounty hunter, maybe because of the way I grinded.

I was only killed by one once. And it was while I was afk on Kashyyyk...

It pains me to see in how many ways my already awesome SWG experience was robbed and plundered by SoE.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Last edited by Arklari; 12-15-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Agreed

I had a lot of great experiences in SWG before the CU. I didn't play for a few weeks and BAM SWG was murdered. I knew a lot of people and I loved playing the game, starting as a beta tester and from there I played until that ghastly update.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 AM

I unlocked jedi in publish 10, shortly after the village was released. I had a good bit of credit from my holo professions so I didn't have to do a full village grind. Took 5 straight months of grinding baz nitches to reach full temp. jedi and another 2 months to finish my Knight trials.

I certainly had fun with it and I imagine majority will at first play jedi. Those who were unfamiliar with it pre cu will get frustrated and leave it. People do not realize that Pre CU jedi were VERY easy to kill if you didn't know how to play it. Pre 9 Jedi were monsters but Post 10 Jedi didn't even come close to matching their power.

After a few months the profs will even out.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: