SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 AM

This is great news. Thanks for all the hard work guys.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:13 AM

Nothing like post necro, perhaps this thread should be locked....
Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
Am I mistaken, or is the original post from LAST YEAR. Perhaps I am also wrong in that Q1 of 2009 is to be taken as the first quarter or two thousand nine. Like the spring we left behind already...

You all can "taste" this announcement?

I tast another donor round push, some inter-emu bickering, and about three more years of inadequate slacker responses - w/o finished product.

Sure, new TC is like SWG-Lite - but it is nowhere near complete. Factor in the pace of events - and Santa is bringing your ass coal again this XMas.

Bah humbug
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
Stupid.

THIS IS A YEAR OLD.

They thought they'd be done w all this a year ago, thereabouts.

Get ready for more donor drives as we wait for the Never Ending Story to conclude.

You guys need to seriously finish this already. First quarter of 2009?

I'll check back in 2012... maybe we'll still be using desktops by the time this game is finished...

Lazy undergrads.

Wow. Where are you from man? You can go back where you came from, because this community does not need your negativism.

FYI, if you'd been participating in the development of this project, you would know that the developers have been making great progress on pusuing this GOAL - and it WAS a goal, not a cast in concrete deadline they had to meet. The EMU code has gone through a tremendous amount of work over the last six months with the Object Restructure and the change to a completely new Database scheme, which will result in a better product over all - not for the week hearted or feable minded.

And as of late, they have also implemented a TON of new content onto the Nova Test Server. If you have not logged on and tried it, then you should. This kind of a program does not appear from nowhere using fairy dust. It takes a ton of cooperation and work.

Try to ease up, OK? You'll get to play soon enough.

Last edited by TuleenDonai; 10-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 PM

cant wait! exciting news for me!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM

I think everyone should be reminded of the fact that it took over 5 years to develop the original swg, pre-update 1, with a fully employed development team that had previously created EQ.. and a couple more to make updates/fixes/patches and what ever else.

So the next person to "mention" or "bring up" or "speak the truth" about how long it's taking our development team (who have their own jobs and lives to take time out of for volunteering to develop this Emu) needs to be hung by their toes overnight outside and naked.

The next person to go so far as "complaining" or "whining" about the time line gets to deal with skunks and yellow jackets as well.

Nothing to see here, Move along.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Kind of a dream come true for vets like me who've wanted nothing more than to see eighteen little colored boxes for Christmas instead of a round, clock-face-looking thing. =)
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Good job Devs!

Lol @ all you idiots.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:11 PM

i am as excited about the updates here as i am about the updates for SW:TOR and assassin's creed 2. i realy hope the devs take that to mean something. you guys are doing an increadibly professional job for a team of volunteers. thanks for the effort and dedication to the project.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:31 PM

w00t all I can say is OMG!!!!

PS to the Dev's you can have my wife, she's all yours for making the game.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:19 PM

I'm so happy I just **** my pants! Thanks guys, been following up on your project for years, look forward to playing with you in the near future (in a non gay way to all you perverts who think it like that)
Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh!!!! I love swgemu!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 AM

Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM

@leoten Yea. youre right this post is a year old.

however theyre emulating a game that NO game will ever compete with. So why complain about waiting maybe a few years when no other game will be like it. even with slightly outdated graphics.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Awesome!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 AM

I havce been following this Dev team reading up on them and keeping my opinions to myself. This Dev team rocks. They actually listen to the Community. I am a future Game Designer also going for school right now with it, and i hope i am just as good as these Devs are. Ive been playing in the Original Test Server, and Now the Nova Test Server and all I can say is that it brings me back to the SWG we all knew and loved before a certain company sent it packing along with 3/4 of there clientel. We all probally paid for the expansion thinking great update then BAM NGE!!! Game over, lets go back to pong. Devs keep it up you all are doing a GREAT JOB!!! If you need any new programmers JUST ask.,. Other then School I would make the time to help if needed..

IN-Game Name Pulsar Vega! You guys Rock!!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: