SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=IG-EightyEight;115769All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. [/QUOTE]

I wasnt here for the time before when updates were added so frequently but ever since I found this emu and told my friends we usually log on here at least every 2 days and out of all those days one time have I seen a "posted" update, some people dont like to test, like IG for instance, he has that right and hes makeing a simple request for people to post what got updated... if not here then maybe at the #updates channel which hasnt been used since june... I dont see why some people feel ofended?
I especially dont see why anyone who isnt a dev told him off seeing that they have nothng to do with the administration and development of the emu? Im one of those people who was wondering why there werent updates being posted here but as he said i didnt want to push anything (step on toes) since im fairly new around here and dont know at which pace this goes forward

Last edited by Ferreira; 10-04-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar View Post
If you got the time to ask on the forums, why dont you have the time to get on TC instead? am i missing something? because it seems if you just replaced your forum time by looking at TC instead, you would have time to look at it, yes? I dont mean to upset you, but its just not adding up.
True to IG +IG if u got over 1000 posts use your time more wisely in the TC not in forums
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV90 View Post
True to IG +IG if u got over 1000 posts use your time more wisely in the TC not in forums
because I can post on the Emu forums when im at work or working in the computer lab, and at my pc at my place.

I definitely could log onto the TC when im at home, i choose not to because there really wouldnt be much I would do on there, I dont even have the Emu installed currently because I had a bunch of issues with it a while back and I never bothered to fix it.

My post count has absolutely nothing to do with spending time, a post takes 15 seconds to make.

And why should anyone who just wants updates be required to use the TC? if thats how the devs want it, by all means its their choice and I wouldnt make a fuss.

But when updates are said to be coming a lot more frequently (this was back when updates sometimes were like 2-3 weeks apart), I can ask why its not happening or whats going on. A lot of players greatly look forward to mainsite updates, no matter how insignificant the update may be.

Im not angry or pissed off, im simply curious about the status of the game and anxious like every other player. All the devs have to say is "we are going back to once a month updates" and thats my answer. I dont need a bunch of teenagers to tell me that "THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. CANT U RESPECT ITS THEIR FREE TIME AND OWN HARD WORK." We all know this.

You all get so offended that I have a hard time taking you seriously. It is a simple question.

And if this doesnt add up to you, then I honestly dont know what to say other than you have some comprehension issues beyond anything here, and you probably need some personal help. But then again perhaps its wise not to give advice on things you know nothing about.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 PM

I agree.

I don't log in to the TC for very long. It's full of sploiters, and isn't very balanced. TKA ftw. Heal ftw. Vader ftw.

I'd like to just see some news, just a sentence or something.

But, what'd I'd like is for the devs to just work, the way they want. Updates come, eventually.

Meh.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Same old ****. No one gets it. This isn't a professionally run forum, server, or project. It's some dudes doing it for fun for free. Stop making it not fun or they might quit.

If the community wants more updates, someone needs to log in every day, stay in IRC, and maybe have access to admin forums. That person can keep everyone updated.

If Seas or PL don't have time, maybe one of the people logging in here 18 times a day can step up and do it. They're the ones complaining anyway.

Problem solved.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-EightyEight View Post
because I can post on the Emu forums when im at work or working in the computer lab, and at my pc at my place.

I definitely could log onto the TC when im at home, i choose not to because there really wouldnt be much I would do on there, I dont even have the Emu installed currently because I had a bunch of issues with it a while back and I never bothered to fix it.

My post count has absolutely nothing to do with spending time, a post takes 15 seconds to make.

And why should anyone who just wants updates be required to use the TC? if thats how the devs want it, by all means its their choice and I wouldnt make a fuss.

But when updates are said to be coming a lot more frequently (this was back when updates sometimes were like 2-3 weeks apart), I can ask why its not happening or whats going on. A lot of players greatly look forward to mainsite updates, no matter how insignificant the update may be.

Im not angry or pissed off, im simply curious about the status of the game and anxious like every other player. All the devs have to say is "we are going back to once a month updates" and thats my answer. I dont need a bunch of teenagers to tell me that "THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. CANT U RESPECT ITS THEIR FREE TIME AND OWN HARD WORK." We all know this.

You all get so offended that I have a hard time taking you seriously. It is a simple question.

And if this doesnt add up to you, then I honestly dont know what to say other than you have some comprehension issues beyond anything here, and you probably need some personal help. But then again perhaps its wise not to give advice on things you know nothing about.
Seriously like why cant you just gtfo? If you were just curious you would state that, but you put it in a rude manor... Every single post. Honestly, if you have nothing good to say, just stfu.

long live the emu

Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Same old ****. No one gets it. This isn't a professionally run forum, server, or project. It's some dudes doing it for fun for free. Stop making it not fun or they might quit.

If the community wants more updates, someone needs to log in every day, stay in IRC, and maybe have access to admin forums. That person can keep everyone updated.

If Seas or PL don't have time, maybe one of the people logging in here 18 times a day can step up and do it. They're the ones complaining anyway.

Problem solved.
LOL making it not fun? So after they stated they would release updates a lot more often and we have gotten 2 in 2 months, I simply ask whats going on...im making this project not fun and they might quit......ya ok Chief.

The people who actually DO the updates in game can take the 30seconds and write out 2 sentences on what has been goin on. (like they've always done)

your idiocy on this subject is actually suprising, you do realize what you suggested is a lot more of a hassle than the people running the show taking 30seconds do type it out?

get real idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmlaurence View Post
Seriously like why cant you just gtfo? If you were just curious you would state that, but you put it in a rude manor... Every single post. Honestly, if you have nothing good to say, just stfu.

Did you not read my ****ing post? Put it in a rude manor? ya thats subjective, if you got offended by it thats not my fault. Nothing good to say? wtf are u talking about, stop rambling about stupid bull**** that make no sense and doesnt even belong in this thread. THOUSANDS of ppl here wait for updates, i decided to ask on it because I was wondering why we arent getting updates like we were before.

stop pushing out bull**** excuses like "THIS IS DONE ON FREE TIME, THEY ARE BUSY BLAH BLAH BLAH" we all know this AND APPRECIATE IT. THEY SAID they would be making updates a lot more often, so I asked, stop ****ing crying about it. You take it like its a personal insult to your religion, stop taking offense to things that dont have anything to do with you, I give the devs as much respect as anyone here and appreciate just as much if not more than most everyone here. Asking about whats going on with updates is perfectly fine. I dont start getting rude until morons stick their nose into business that doesnt involve them and getting rude.

Again, this isnt a piss n moan thread to the devs themselves, people here are apparently a little slow with understanding and reading posts.

So if you want to reply with a ***** n moan to me about something or other about waiting and being patient, either dont bother, or send it in a PM so I can ignore it, either way I dont care, but stop giving me **** about asking a question that many ppl have wanted to ask.

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-04-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:11 AM

Easy cuz. You're gonna burst a blood vessel.

Quote:
you do realize what you suggested is a lot more of a hassle than the people running the show taking 30seconds do type it out?
Not necessarily. A community member that's motivated to do it might be a better option. Maybe they're busy, maybe they just don't care. Either way someone that's motivated with free time might be a better choice.

Why does this suggestion make me an idiot?

Quote:
LOL making it not fun? So after they stated they would release updates a lot more often and we have gotten 2 in 2 months, I simply ask whats going on...im making this project not fun and they might quit......ya ok Chief.
Sorry I should have put in a disclaimer. That part wasn't singling you out. It was a general comment to the thousands of posts criticizing, complaining, whining, flaming, demanding, and destroying swgemu. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there with you.

Last edited by Ekaika; 10-05-2007 at 01:21 AM. Reason: more
Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post

Why does this suggestion make me an idiot?

1) You suggested I dont get it, when I have been following this project since very close to the start. I very clearly get it. you suggested im making it "not fun"..i really dont even understand how that even makes sense. Apparently asking what happened to updates makes coding "not fun"

2) no they dont, a dev or someone in charge or on the team who works on this and has more connections will more than likely have easier access, more often.

3) Don't have time? They are mods for a gigantic Emu project. Not to say they don't have lives, but lets be honest, I dont think anyone who is involved with the Emu (mod, dev, fanboi) is too busy to take 30seconds every week or 2 to post an update on the site. You act as if posting an update takes a lot of free time

30 seconds buddy.

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to argue, unless you are just arguing to argue. Why would you need a special person to sit in IRC all day to gather info when a dev who knows whats going on first hand can take 30 seconds to post something.

You dont have to worry about hitting a nerve, If you know me (which you probably do seeing as i post a lot), you would know that I in general enjoy a good arguement, just most of them involve me vs someone with not a clue on whats going on.

You guys have just been defending something that doesnt even affect or involve you, yet ppl feel insulted.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Services Manager

Stop flaming. Now.
Quote:
The devs don't turn features out that fast. We wish that they would, but it's not possible.
When we have new features, we usually do a good job of letting the community know as soon as we've got it to a notable point. Take speeders. This isn't exactly a huge update (compared to combat), but we still let you all know that it's there. Another person reporting stuff would be overkill; we've got many team members who are capable of, and routinely do, post updates like this.

Last edited by PhantomLeader; 10-05-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:

1) You suggested I dont get it, when I have been following this project since very close to the start. I very clearly get it. you suggested im making it "not fun"..i really dont even understand how that even makes sense. Apparently asking what happened to updates makes coding "not fun"

2) no they dont, a dev or someone in charge or on the team who works on this and has more connections will more than likely have easier access, more often.

3) Don't have time? They are mods for a gigantic Emu project. Not to say they don't have lives, but lets be honest, I dont think anyone who is involved with the Emu (mod, dev, fanboi) is too busy to take 30seconds every week or 2 to post an update on the site. You act as if posting an update takes a lot of free time

30 seconds buddy.

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to argue, unless you are just arguing to argue. Why would you need a special person to sit in IRC all day to gather info when a dev who knows whats going on first hand can take 30 seconds to post something.

You dont have to worry about hitting a nerve, If you know me (which you probably do seeing as i post a lot), you would know that I in general enjoy a good arguement, just most of them involve me vs someone with not a clue on whats going on.

You guys have just been defending something that doesnt even affect or involve you, yet ppl feel insulted.
Alright, I'm gonna stop right after this, i just wanna make one thing strait.

Isn't it possible that they really don't have anything to update?(example) Maybe they've just been working on clustering for a (what seems to you) extreme amount of time. We all would like updates... I in fact would, but if the update is just "Yeah, we've gotten more production on clustering."... I'm pretty sure that didn't really get you excited much at all.

You obviously have the patience of a juvenile. Just sit down and wait for an update, and just because they said that they would post more updates, doesn't make them inclined to do so. I'm sure if more arguments like this go on a lot further, they might stop posting updates at all, because of lack of faith in the community. They know that everyone wants updates, they have a reason for doing so. You do not have to keep repeating your question in more post.

Like many other people state "It will be done, when its done", follow that, i suggest not going on the forum as much to keep from expecting more. Thats what i have done and it works well. Just be thankful that they are even doing this in the first place. UNGREATFUL SOUL!

Perhaps this should be locked. /signout for a week.

long live the emu

Old 10-05-2007, 05:30 AM

No point anymore IG, you're incredibly stubborn. If you really have any interest in my point of view I'll pm you.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
Stop flaming. Now.

The devs don't turn features out that fast. We wish that they would, but it's not possible.
When we have new features, we usually do a good job of letting the community know as soon as we've got it to a notable point. Take speeders. This isn't exactly a huge update (compared to combat), but we still let you all know that it's there. Another person reporting stuff would be overkill; we've got many team members who are capable of, and routinely do, post updates like this.
I get it. I'm not trying to secure more updates. People asking for them obviously need someone to take up their frustrations with, so I was suggesting that one of the people asking take up the job. Log in 10 hours a day, play the TC, troll the IRC, and come back here and report for all of us what was learned.

Most of us don't question why this and why not that. But those people that do can have someone to rant to. Appoint someone. I nominate IG, he's perfect for the job.

(oops meant to cut and paste this. dblpstftw)
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmlaurence View Post
Alright, I'm gonna stop right after this, i just wanna make one thing strait.

Isn't it possible that they really don't have anything to update?(example) Maybe they've just been working on clustering for a (what seems to you) extreme amount of time. We all would like updates... I in fact would, but if the update is just "Yeah, we've gotten more production on clustering."... I'm pretty sure that didn't really get you excited much at all.

You obviously have the patience of a juvenile. Just sit down and wait for an update, and just because they said that they would post more updates, doesn't make them inclined to do so. I'm sure if more arguments like this go on a lot further, they might stop posting updates at all, because of lack of faith in the community. They know that everyone wants updates, they have a reason for doing so. You do not have to keep repeating your question in more post.

Like many other people state "It will be done, when its done", follow that, i suggest not going on the forum as much to keep from expecting more. Thats what i have done and it works well. Just be thankful that they are even doing this in the first place. UNGREATFUL SOUL!

Perhaps this should be locked. /signout for a week.

*sigh* what dont you understand? Im gonna seriously try to not insult you here but you are making it really hard.

I KNOW it will be done when its done. Why are you even typing this? I never asked when is it going to be done. Failure 1 on your post.

Lack of faith in the community? Patience of a Juvenile? Its really almost laughable, everybody here has shown faith in the team and thanks them for it as often as they can, including myself. My patience has absolutely nothing at all to do with this. Start reading my posts, I already stated that If they dont want to give website updates, thats perfectly fine and their choice, if they say they are gonna do them and a lot more often, I can ask whats going on when they arent. its really simple, not rocket science buddy.

Maybe a small update doesnt matter to you, and thats perfectly fine, but there are a lot of people...and I mean a real lot of people , who have stated here many times that they just like to hear whats going on, even if its really minor and we wouldnt even understand it, we like to hear about it.

In another thread a mod or dev already said they were primarily finished with clustering, working on lairs, and implimenting something for weapons....that might be minor but its some cool news and just new stuff that we didnt know before.

Take 30 seconds and post that on the main page and that will have a lot of people excited.

Your post really lacks any general point to what I have posted, its basically just another randomly generated "I defend the Emu, its done when its done" posts and lacks any point.

If you are going to reply and/or somehow disagree with me, just PM, or atleast make a semi intelligent response to me so It actually makes sense.

thank you

EDIT: PL already posted something a few posts up, basically backing what I had said, its not necessary to have a middle man in reporting project news.

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-05-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
*sigh* what dont you understand? Im gonna seriously try to not insult you here but you are making it really hard.

I KNOW it will be done when its done. Why are you even typing this? I never asked when is it going to be done. Failure 1 on your post.

Lack of faith in the community? Patience of a Juvenile? Its really almost laughable, everybody here has shown faith in the team and thanks them for it as often as they can, including myself. My patience has absolutely nothing at all to do with this. Start reading my posts, I already stated that If they dont want to give website updates, thats perfectly fine and their choice, if they say they are gonna do them and a lot more often, I can ask whats going on when they arent. its really simple, not rocket science buddy.

Maybe a small update doesnt matter to you, and thats perfectly fine, but there are a lot of people...and I mean a real lot of people , who have stated here many times that they just like to hear whats going on, even if its really minor and we wouldnt even understand it, we like to hear about it.

In another thread a mod or dev already said they were primarily finished with clustering, working on lairs, and implimenting something for weapons....that might be minor but its some cool news and just new stuff that we didnt know before.

Take 30 seconds and post that on the main page and that will have a lot of people excited.

Your post really lacks any general point to what I have posted, its basically just another randomly generated "I defend the Emu, its done when its done" posts and lacks any point.

If you are going to reply and/or somehow disagree with me, just PM, or atleast make a semi intelligent response to me so It actually makes sense.

thank you

EDIT: PL already posted something a few posts up, basically backing what I had said, its not necessary to have a middle man in reporting project news.
1. Try reading the posts in this forum. The players HAVE been noting the updates that have been going on in the TC. If you had just taken the time, 30 seconds TOPS, to read those posts, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

2. If there was a time where the devs weren't putting out updates very often and you survived through it, then why are you griping when they decide to update more often? I haven't even been on the TC for months now and I know exactly what's going on. Once again, the other people who actually take the time to go on the TC will very likely post in the updates forum about the new stuff they find there. The devs don't have to do it all themselves. It's not like they are obligated to tell you every minute and excrutiating detail through the development of the update. Just read the freaking posts in the updates forum.

Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.

- My t-shirt
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: