SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
What sort of documentation and/or tools are you all planning to release along with the software (if any) ? Any chance of getting a look at documentation while you prep the software for release?
We are preparing the documentation alongside the public version of the source. Both will be released simultaneously.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:01 PM

Wait.... So you going to let people play the unfinished game? Arnt people playing the game right now on your server?........ Im excited for whats going on but when i think about it, it sounds like some sort of gimmick. Few questions...

Will crafting be in the open sorce?
Will it be a game people can play and save?
Will there be skills?
Will EMU host the only server?

I would rather wait 2 more years then lose all the player base because of a quick release. And i dont think there is anyone ready to host a server that can handle 2000 people. All the old server sites are dead. I think you need to rethink your plan.

You should find a host that is ready to host all the players on this site. All the tiny off shoots your going to make will break up the small base we have now.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz View Post
I would rather wait 2 more years then lose all the player base because of a quick release. And i dont think there is anyone ready to host a server that can handle 2000 people. All the old server sites are dead. I think you need to rethink your plan.

You should find a host that is ready to host all the players on this site. All the tiny off shoots your going to make will break up the small base we have now.
I find your lack of understanding disturbing.... what will be happening is well documented in this thread. Please read the entire thread before jumping to conclusions. However let me help you out by saying that everything you just posted is wrong.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applecorc View Post
However let me help you out by saying that everything you just posted is wrong.
ouch..you bite hard lol
Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz View Post
Wait.... So you going to let people play the unfinished game? Arnt people playing the game right now on your server?........ Im excited for whats going on but when i think about it, it sounds like some sort of gimmick. Few questions...

Will crafting be in the open sorce?
Will there be skills?
Will EMU host the only server?

Will crafting be in the open source?
The packets and necessary and relative information will be there, but it will not be implemented. Someone will have to do that.
?
Will there be skills?
yes.
Will the EMU host the only server?

No.

and- there will be a user limit of 5 connections on the public version of core 3, to protect it from idiots.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

awesome guys. cant wait. thanks a ton, once more.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Will any of the features promised on the former updates be on the public version of core3? (bazzars, Blue frogs, ect...)

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 11-25-2007, 04:52 PM

This is really great news. I admit, my hope of a SWG emu ever being finished while there were still people wanting to play, has been rather dented the past 6 months or so. I've been so pathetic to actually play the NGE (which is getting better, but still mostly ****) just to get my fix, as the wait for the emu just seems to get longer and longer with each passing month.

Anything to make this process happen sometime in the near future is a giant step in the right direction. While I'm a big enough geek to play whenever it's finished, the majority probably isn't. As others have mentioned, with some AAA mmo titles coming out this xmas season and soon after, the amount of players for an older title emu'd will dwindle. Add in the BioWare/LA possible mmo being worked on, the end of SWG is drawing very close imo. Would be nice if we could capture at least some of the old school comunity while they still give a **** about the game, and we all know Sony doesn't really give two ****s.

To be honest, I'd really love to see the different devs of the various swg emus being worked on to put some of the past behind them, and get together to pool some resources.

I have to say thanks for all the work your putting into this project. I can only imagine the monster amount of **** you guys have done, and had to put up with to make this happen, so thanks a ton. But this emu really needs to see the light of day outside of TC if it's going to catch on, and not be a waste of a giant chunk of your time. IMO anyways.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM

It's nice to hear that the team will be adding more people to the cause.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Go for it!!!! yhea!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
Will crafting be in the open source?
The packets and necessary and relative information will be there, but it will not be implemented. Someone will have to do that.
?
Will there be skills?
yes.

Will the EMU host the only server?

No.

and- there will be a user limit of 5 connections on the public version of core 3, to protect it from idiots.
by yes do you mean the little collection of skills enabled on TC or will Everything be enabled?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:46 PM

From what I understand, everything that has been coded should work on there.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Hopefully, but one last question for the shexy Dev's

What about NPC's? will those be in to be spawned static and randomly? or are those not included.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM

I truly believe that there will never be a good of game as pre-cu..

I also believe that if this emu was created it would last forever with the community constantly breathing life into it..
However if it takes to long to finish then people will probably lose interest and settle for something else...

Once the game is returned to the hands of the community the possibilities are limitless.

All though the past 2-3 years of development we really have lost a lot of the excitement and community..
I must admit that I am getting a bit tiresome of waiting, but I'm still here..
I'm sure that all this time we really have weeded out some of the less devoted people and are left with a rich thriving community, something to be very excited about the game might not be MASSIVE like we all might of hoped in the beginning but I am sure that with changes to the game we can bring in more players.. and more experiences.. so this time around it will be here to stay and it WILL be better then it was before.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:03 PM

Man, you guys are really an inspiration, thanks for all you're hard work, as a sign of appretiation, I shall never post another picture that has anything to do with phallicism, ever again.

Except for like, that one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: