SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 PM
learningdisease's Avatar
learningdisease learningdisease is offline
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 365
[NOVA] 9/18 Connecting to Galaxy...

As some of you may have realized, when you attempt to log-in your characters you may be stuck at "Connecting to Galaxy...".

This is due to the User Cap being implemented at 600 simultaneous characters to help keep the lag that users are experiencing to a minimum. Although we can support far more users, we do use a shared bandwidth connection for Nova, and thus at peak times our bandwidth capabilities are being spread out, and things may become a bit laggy.

Please be patient and attempt to log in as much as you can, and thanks to everyone who has been pushing our Test Center to its limits!

Thanks,
__________________
Learning
Game Master/Event Coordinator
-sɯnɹoɟ ɹǝǝuıƃuǝ pıoɹp | sɯnɹoɟ ʇɹoddns nɯǝƃʍs | ɯoɔ˙nɯǝƃʍs@ƃuıuɹɐǝן-

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
  #2  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
carpathian carpathian is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida U.S.A.
Posts: 71
That explains it, I have not been able to get in for 4 days. Guess I'll just have to keep trying. Anyways any idea of when or if the limit will be increased?? just curious is all. I reinstalled took 7 hours on 56k because I thought maybe it was on my side, maybe you all can add a note when the server is full to the login screen so folks know its full or something. Just my few cents worth.

At any rate excellent work all, glad to see things are going as well as they are and I'm very appreciative of all the teams hard work I know this task is nothing short of humongous.

cyas
__________________
Long Live PRE-CU!!!!!
  #3  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
aevan aevan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
That explains it, I have not been able to get in for 4 days. Guess I'll just have to keep trying. Anyways any idea of when or if the limit will be increased?? just curious is all. I reinstalled took 7 hours on 56k because I thought maybe it was on my side, maybe you all can add a note when the server is full to the login screen so folks know its full or something. Just my few cents worth.

cyas

Look on the Front Page here. Right hand side, it has Network Stats. Lists how many users are on Nova. If its over 600, try again
__________________
Aevan Ortell
Rogue Underworld -X- Chilastra
  #4  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 PM
EDGEY EDGEY is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aevan View Post
Look on the Front Page here. Right hand side, it has Network Stats. Lists how many users are on Nova. If its over 600, try again
Ok smarty pants...

Left side of the screen:
TC: Nova
Online

Right side of the screen:
SWGEmu Forums: 196 Users Online
Nova Test Center: ONLINE
SWGEmu IRC: 273 clients Online

Status page:
TC: Nova (Online)
Members
Now connected: 171 | Maximum was: 239
Accounts
Active: 14530 | Deleted: 641
Uptime
Server is online for a 12:20
Last status check was 11 Jul 2009 at 23:20
  #5  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Dracken Dracken is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Ya it seems they have fixed it to at least show if the server is up or down but it doesnt give an accurate account of how many players are online
  #6  
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM
aevan aevan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEY View Post
Ok smarty pants...

Left side of the screen:
TC: Nova
Online

Right side of the screen:
SWGEmu Forums: 196 Users Online
Nova Test Center: ONLINE
SWGEmu IRC: 273 clients Online

Status page:
TC: Nova (Online)
Members
Now connected: 171 | Maximum was: 239
Accounts
Active: 14530 | Deleted: 641
Uptime
Server is online for a 12:20
Last status check was 11 Jul 2009 at 23:20
guy, i was offering a solution to his problem. not being smart about it.

__________________
Aevan Ortell
Rogue Underworld -X- Chilastra
  #7  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
monkeyshorts monkeyshorts is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 44
Just 600?

With the way the server population seems to be expanding, I can see this becoming an issue.
  #8  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Dracken Dracken is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyshorts View Post
Just 600?

With the way the server population seems to be expanding, I can see this becoming an issue.
Here is the thing..... this is a TEST SERVER. Lets say it again together, TEST SERVER, people dont seem to understand this. Right now the devs have decided 600 people is plenty, to TEST the server. You are not supposed to PLAY on a TEST server you are there to stress the server and progress thru the content to check for bugs. If your looking for a PLAYABLE server you will need to wait for Suncrusher, or other servers to go live.
  #9  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Nishido Nishido is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Quick question. If we are stuck at connecting to galaxy, will it connect when a spot is free, or do we need to keep going back to char select?
  #10  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
TK-386 TK-386 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 166
Alright. Is it an idea to restrict multiple characters online at once? Or 2 max?
__________________
Thuku Chatzza, Bountyhunter

"It's a dirty job but I figure someone has to get rich doing it, and one way or the other, that someone is going to be me."
  #11  
Old 09-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Ghhost974 Ghhost974 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nv For 8 More Days
Posts: 50
Ok this is a reason to NOT let people....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-386 View Post
Alright. Is it an idea to restrict multiple characters online at once? Or 2 max?
have multiple toons on the same account on at the same time. Well for one its against TOS to actually have more than one account for the TC anyways is it not? Last but not least having multi-accounts/toons logged in at the same is taking away from another person actually testing something because on one account youre doing something while the other is AFK. I could of sworn reading something on the lines of this some where.

The fact of WS taking so many resources or what ever to make anything. When you first started on your first account in the SOE version did you have 6 other toons surveying for you? More than likely you didnt. So starting like this is the about the way you started playing on the original game i would think. Just my 2 cents on that whole subject.

Only 1 of YOUR toons should be logged on at once. If you're running multiple accounts at the same one being AFK you're screwing over other players wanting to get on the TC

/endrant

Last edited by Ghhost974; 09-18-2009 at 10:26 PM.
  #12  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Millshive Millshive is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Einatos, Dantooine
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghhost974 View Post
have multiple toons on the same account on at the same time. Well for one its against TOS to actually have more than one account for the TC anyways is it not? Last but not least having multi-accounts/toons logged in at the same is taking away from another person actually testing something because on one account youre doing something while the other is AFK. I could of sworn reading something on the lines of this some where.

The fact of WS taking so many resources or what ever to make anything. When you first started on your first account in the SOE version did you have 6 other toons surveying for you? More than likely you didnt. So starting like this is the about the way you started playing on the original game i would think. Just my 2 cents on that whole subject.

Only 1 of YOUR toons should be logged on at once. If you're running multiple accounts at the same one being AFK you're screwing over other players wanting to get on the TC

/endrant
your right in that its against the ToS to have Multiple accounts, but not multiple characters. what these guys are doing is running the game several times and logging back into the same account and activating anouther character. basicaly its a loophole. yea its inconvinent and does pull from the pop cap, which is new. but still not against ToS.
__________________
THE ELITE!!!!

Former TKM/Architect
Former City council member of Einatos City
Former Guild Council member of KKND

  #13  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Raven118 Raven118 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 176
im not going to lie i dont like this idea seeing as only 600 people can join the server now and this is a big community now probably not even half of the community can join the server now
__________________


  #14  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
carpathian carpathian is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida U.S.A.
Posts: 71
lol I would love to look at the messages on the side of the site however my 56k connection does not load half the things on the site and my sat connect is down. All I was saying was to add a "server full" message to the login in screen to avoid confusion. Not a bad idea I didn't think, would help us with less fortunate connection. Where I live I cannot get cable/dsl so I have no choice
__________________
Long Live PRE-CU!!!!!
  #15  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:21 PM
opoke opoke is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 324
Makes sense. Glad to get some login time when I can. Played a good deal today since I was off work. I'll take a rest during peak. Give someone else a shot.

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know these kinds of things. Even if it isn't necessarily good news, it's just better to know. Might prevent a few tantrums.
__________________
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore, 1961-2008
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.