SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 AM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Hasn't this thread gone on long enough? The developers have spoken.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post

On Ashur:
As I have been told, Ashur voluntarily asked to serve a 3 month ban as a good gesture of faith to the community that he really is sorry and wants to clean up.
That Ashur, what a swell guy.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Crush thats a joke right?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, three month ban...

At this point my faith is in the toilet. I'm personally just going to forget about it all, give the benefit of the doubt, hope the project stays on track and see what Suncrusher is like. I'll continue to enjoy my time on Nova (if allowed) and report the bugs I find. If this corruption appears to still be leaking through to the community by 1.0, I'll find another community.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
Frankly, I don't agree with any of this. At all.

Ok, so why was there no post of any kind made about this in the staff forum for the entire staff to decide upon? It's pretty much just what the higher-ups decided, as I only see them posting in this thread how this is a great idea.

Maybe people don't know this, but a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy is just that. ZERO tolerance. It doesn't mean you can just ban people then go back and say "Oh wait, let's unban these griefing hackers, OH WAIT! Let's give them a staff position to find our exploits! The community will never know."

These are not the kind of people to be given staff privileges to. Sosko, one of the leaders of STORM, crashed the SWGEmu ventrilo several times, harassed members via Ventrilo exploits, then he comes on the IRC and ban evades MANY times, spewing his slander, lies, and rage.

But wait, you guys see fit to not only UNBAN them (which goes against the policy we enstated as a TEAM in the first place), but give them staff positions, since OUR QA TEAM WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH IN FINDING EXPLOITS.

So let me get this straight again.

"I'm Ashur, a retard that loves to flame on the forums, cause a TON of grief in game too and I love hacking! I was banned because of this, but I kissed enough ass to not only get unbanned, but get a staff position too!"

That's EXACTLY how it seems.

There's so much wrong with this.

A. You don't just make such an important decision to those who have higher leverage in the staff.
B. You don't go back on a global policy that we all decided.
C. STORM guild is retarded, full of griefing hackers, EVERYONE KNOWS IT, and you unban them and give them staff positions.

This has to be the biggest troll of all time.

This post tells it all. Even their own team doesn't know what's going on. This reeks of "Oh ****! my friends got caught cheating and now I have to find a way to go back on my word and get him/them back into the game without pissing everyone off". Reason being, i'm guessing they didn't write the hack, they probably just downloaded one. How it that "finding" an exploit.

It is the Good ol' boy network and it's working to perfection. Like I have said before, this game will be open source code which mean people are going to write hacks for it by the hundreds. So worrying about ONE speedhack and a few "exploits" this new "team" might find now and saying "we're doing this to better the live server" really is kind of pointless to some extent. Hell, SOE had people hacking it and they have millions of dollars are their disposal to help prevent it.

Now let me just touch on the other side that never gets talked about. I keep hearing all these people talking about "they're doing this for us".....huh? They are doing this for them, not us. If they didn't love the game they wouldn't be doing it. We, JUST LIKE THEM, are getting the benefits from it. The reason I say "we" is because you can't have one without the other. They need the community just as much as the community needs them. What good is having a game if nobodies around to 1: help pay for it, and 2: play it.

It's a 2-way street here, let's not forget that.

Now with that being said, it doesn't mean i'm not grateful for letting us be a part of what they have done and achieved.

Last edited by SirJMon; 10-20-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 PM

still at it i see
Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 PM

mhmm
Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM

If some of the more vocal and militant side of this fiasco spent as much time making long posts in here decrying the unfairness of it all, than writing detailed/well worded bug reports (other than "lolz it don't werk, wtf!! FIX PLOX!!11!!), we might be ahead a little further.

Ashur has been here a long time and help tracked down some the most pesky bugs, but many you would not know that since you weren't around. I am not supporting his recent antics that is for sure, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his large part in helping this game along in the past.

At any rate, he agreed to a 3 month ban to attone for his mistake. The end.

Last edited by fixit6; 10-20-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 PM

And the OR has just lost how many development hours to this BS?

Since the very beginning, the drama has undermined EVERYTHING from public perception to the development process itself.

Get Max back where he belongs, and stop rising to the bait. Friends or not, you people have immeasurable amounts of sweat equity invested in this project. If you want to complete a professional project, do the work professionally. Allow this crap to continue, all you'll have to show for it is the SWG EMO, not the emulator you started.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
And this statement is all we are looking to acheive here.

The "exploitation team" will not receive any server privileges, be recognized as staff, or be allowed to use exploits to grief other players. They will, most certainly, be watched with a careful eye.

We aren't looking to hand out a "free hack all you like pass" to these guys. We are giving those who were extremely helpful in the past, but at some point turned down the wrong path, and have shown remorse, one final chance to clean up. If they fail to do so, they are gone - end of story.

If you guys see someone exploiting/hacking, we expect you to report them, even if you think they are on the "exploitation team". Just please bring evidence to support the claims so we can nail them definitively if they are abusing their chance.

---

On Ashur:
As I have been told, Ashur voluntarily asked to serve a 3 month ban as a good gesture of faith to the community that he really is sorry and wants to clean up. I'm sure some of you think it's all a show; maybe it will turn out that way. I still think he deserves the chance - he was at one point one of the finest testers we have ever had at this project. He simply got mixed up in the wrong crowd with the wrong mindset.
a name change?

its good to see him step up , since noone else has when it comes to policy enforced
Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlack View Post
Banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, three month ban...

At this point my faith is in the toilet. I'm personally just going to forget about it all, give the benefit of the doubt, hope the project stays on track and see what Suncrusher is like. I'll continue to enjoy my time on Nova (if allowed) and report the bugs I find. If this corruption appears to still be leaking through to the community by 1.0, I'll find another community.
This appears to be how the community feels at this point, ignoring the STORM member's comments on this thread of course.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
This appears to be how a part of the community feels at this point, ignoring the STORM member's comments on this thread of course.
There fixed it for you.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

Last edited by Vlada; 10-20-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 PM

I think the simplest thing to do would be to delete the toons that were exploited with, give them a temporary banned for first time offenders and then employ a perma band for second time offenders. As I am sure others have said this, but you don't get to keep the money after robbing a bank...This is a bit simpler situation but none the less it is similar.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendal View Post
I think the simplest thing to do would be to delete the toons that were exploited with, give them a temporary banned for first time offenders and then employ a perma band for second time offenders. As I am sure others have said this, but you don't get to keep the money after robbing a bank...This is a bit simpler situation but none the less it is similar.
Except, this is his third ban, and no telling how many warnings he has gotten. He's had his chance to turn around in my opinion, and hasn't done it so far... I'm not seeing how this 3 month "ban" is going to change anything.

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor

Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 PM

Something a good friend once told me....if you say "no" to one...how do you say "yes" to another. The team letting him back will just make the team look that much worse when they don't let the other player back.

Another thing....the dev team said in this thread that he could either help the team out or be banned......well it doesn't take the head cashier at Walmart to figure out which one he's gonna do. Just like trying to get someone to break a bad habit, they might quit temporary if they have something to loose, but in the long run if they aren't choosing to quit because they want to and only because they have to, chances are they're going to fall right back into that bad habit.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: