SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Phase Testing Tasks for Week of 3/16

Task Rundown
  • Crafting - Armor and Clothing
  • Entertainer (Band Flourishes)
  • Focus Marksman Testing (all skills / abilities)
  • Focus Brawler Testing (all skills / abilities)
  • Bazaar & Auction Systems
  • Denver Configuration Test
-------------------------------------------------------------

Details and Notes

Crafting:
Crafting is a huge focus this week (see 1376, 1377, 1380). Many new schematics in the wearable category will be making way to the server over the next week. Please test them in depth to make sure: All the ingredients/amounts are good, functionality, that armor has the correct specials and vulnerabilities, sockets are generating like pre-cu, and also that the combat equations are holding with the new armor.

Entertainer:
Entertainer should be feature complete. ANYTHING that is missing from the Entertainer profession set should be reported on the Bug Tracker. Issues with band flourishes, which were added recently, should be the focus this week (how they affect HAM, etc).

Marksman:
TAFirehawk has added almost all SWG weapons to the BF. Please test Marksman from a fresh char, with limited blue frog assistance (besides weapons). There was an internal staff test of marksman earlier, but there are probably a bunch of things we missed. Please report any issues asap!

Brawler:
Brawler should also be tested from ground up, with limited BF assistance. Report any issues to the bug tracker.

Bazaar / Auction:
A few issues with the bazaar & auction systems have been patched (the description no-load and owner retrieval). Please continue to test the Bazaar and Auction system, comment on existing bugs, and submit unreported ones.

Denver Configuration Test:
We are in the process of moving the TC to our new location in Denver, Colorado, USA (see latest BiWeekly for details). The website and TC may experience small outages as we switch and settle into our new configuration. When the TC comes online make sure you run Launchpad Enhanced, as it will patch your client configuration to the new TC address (denver.swgemu.com). Please bear with us and report any issues you come across on either the Website and TC.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Closing Notes

This week, we have set internal staff goals to complete ASAP. These changes should make testing a bit easier and will be applied as soon as the modifications are available.

Quote:
  • Increase overall spawns outside major cities on Corellia & Naboo
  • Determine & Provide new characters with a reasonable starting item set - most need cert's to use anyway.
  • Loot - all creatures should drop something of value to starting players. We are testing the beginning game, but the rate at which we allow it to progress will make the testing exp. easier and have no effect on the quality of bug reports.
Overall Goal: Decrease scarcity of common goods, esp. those used for beginning-game testing.
BlueFrogs will be REMOVED in the near future - we are preparing the TC content to allow for a sustainable economic pool room to grow. Try playing without the BlueFrogs more and more, depending on them only for getting started on weapons. The feedback we received from Scout and Medic was great, any remaining issues for those professions will be fixed this week - please continue to test them.

edit:
Thanks to LakMoore, the HAM 1/1 bug has been fixed!

Last edited by Ramsey; 03-16-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Awesome, can't wait to test marksman with all the new weapons.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM

I think I recognized some issues with the bazaar auction system. I'm excited in getting into this as soon as I got some time off.
Normajean, Shaunluu, Velvet.
2003-2005
Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 PM

crafting armor!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 PM

can the resources around also be increased for amour testing or be avaiable at the frog?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:59 PM

tasks noted and ready to test =)
Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Lock, loaded and ready to test.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM

Woohoo!

Ready to test out those crafting bits. Time for the starter grind

R.I.P. Mordre Morwen - The Ridge Runners <TRR> - Ten Tree Ridge, Talus - Kettemoor (Pre-CU Vet '03-'04)
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM

I'm ready, just make the TC online and we're set!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:14 PM

Looks like and exciting phase...!
I cant wait for scout to get done so i can start httin up the CH steez...
I love rancor battles!

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM

My bad if this has been previously discussed, but has the dmg on the attacks from animals been reduced? it would make for slightly easier grinding. (=

Keep it cool people
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM

sweet I just wish it was engineer or architect
Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesGap View Post
My bad if this has been previously discussed, but has the dmg on the attacks from animals been reduced? it would make for slightly easier grinding. (=
No they have not reduced the attack speed yet. Unless there was another update I don't know about, its still going to be attacking at 1 instead of 2
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this reply, but can anyone tell me why I keep having to recreate my character each time since the database wipe?

Yesterday, for the second time in a row, I had to recreate my character again. As soon as I had gone through the character creation screens, I started on Theed and BF'd master marksman and master artisan, as well as getting weapons, comp armor and camp kits from him, then off I went.

I then spent the next six hours gathering the resources to make a speeder, replanted a harvester (which for some strange reason doesn't seem to accept power) plus a wind generator (which still doesn't work). I then took time out to attend the event at the Mos Eisley cantina (where fun was had by all, and a bunch of people patiently stood in line to get a swoop).

Imagine my dismay and frustration when I logged on just now, only to find myself staring at the character creation screen again. I realize this is only the beta test and I should expect to run into some bugs, but this is one is a bit much. Is the database getting wiped every day, or do we lose our characters when we log out?

I'll keep playing, of course, but if we are to test profession grinding, then I think this issue is something that needs to be looked into asap.

Now to log in and recreate my character all over again (sigh).

Quelogue (aka Lorne)
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Not necessarily a bug, but the Nalargon and Ommni Box are missing.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: