SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 AM

what is duping but good news any how

well done

leeloo
Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 AM

I never hid the fact attempting to hack the client on occasion, but I also reported my findings to the appropriate people.

If i risk losing my account for that, it speaks for itself that i will put T-search back in the freezer . I hope though that you don't stop trying to find and fix these vulnerabilities yourself.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 AM

When will the anti-SH be turned off? The TC was pretty much unplayable last night. It took me an hour to run 890m out to a mission

BTW- If you cheat on purpose at a FREE game(and it's not done to help out development) you are the lowest scum of the Earth and don't deserve to play.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireth View Post
Hi, i was wondering if its considered cheating to gather resourses while afk? ...also my apologease for being guilty for creating a entertainer for the purpose of selling his dress shoes for cheap so that my other character may have them
Quote from policy;
3.11. You will not perform AFK camping of a spawn, NPC or cave. Camping is defined as repeatedly hunting a lair, spawn or NPC in succession. TC allows multiple accounts and connections, therefore using multiple toon instances to create the effect to "out damage" other players is considered AFK camping. There is only one toon actually operated by a single player and all successive toons are considered AFK camping. All toons in such instances are subject to disciplinary actions. Obviously, this camping rule does not restrict all multiple game instances. For example, it is acceptable for two game instances to be operated by one player where one instance is an AFK crafter sampling ground resources and the other is a character that is being played At The Keyboard.

Take some time to ready the new Policy, really. It will help remove most all doubts you might have.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 PM

All the bugs that I have ever found have taken away Items, not duped them. However, I have ocasionally seen Items pop up in my Inventory in place of others, i.e. a survival knife turned into some huge two-handed sword. Does this count as cheating? and if so, how do I go about correcting it ?I did not do this intentionally.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeden View Post
Thank you very much.
A quick and appropriate response.
Aeden is so hawt! gawd lol

Last edited by Varolokkur; 10-18-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Wow......3 days old and it is 11 pages already!

Although my response will be buried, I also aplaud your professionalism in dealing with a very complex problem.

I also fully approve the move that that notice was supported by a quorum of Development staff as noted by the little signatures at the bottom.

As I have said before on another issue, I truely appreciate there being an apeal policy in place. Those that are monitoring can't always fully investigate claims of hacking and duping without investing time and resources that are moving the project foreward.

Good move and full support here.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:10 PM

/standingovation

I think it is well over due. Thank you for implementing this policy.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Keep it up Devs you guys are doing a great job...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Good points were made in the rubber-banding discussion that were difficult to disagree with. I don't usually favor a hard-line approach, but I also don't think people who would cheat are "in step" with the rest of us supporting the project. Cheating is a VERY intentional action.

Ban them completely from testing and let them know you're serious. If they want to come back when the game releases, give them a chance to do so then, and only then.
Riverup Memorial Medical Center - Riverup, Corellia

Brenteone Aghia
Master Artisan/Weaponsmith/Armorsmith
Crafter of Most Things Useful formerly of Ahazi
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 AM

Just checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
Quote from policy;
3.11. You will not perform AFK camping of a spawn, NPC or cave. Camping is defined as repeatedly hunting a lair, spawn or NPC in succession. TC allows multiple accounts and connections, therefore using multiple toon instances to create the effect to "out damage" other players is considered AFK camping. There is only one toon actually operated by a single player and all successive toons are considered AFK camping. All toons in such instances are subject to disciplinary actions. Obviously, this camping rule does not restrict all multiple game instances. For example, it is acceptable for two game instances to be operated by one player where one instance is an AFK crafter sampling ground resources and the other is a character that is being played At The Keyboard.

Take some time to ready the new Policy, really. It will help remove most all doubts you might have.
What if your just afk sampling and NOT at keyboard with your other character??
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM

excellent news
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 AM

Sorry if I ask a dumb question, but Im a noob in case of network/serverstuff.

I get sometimes this "rubberbanding"; does it mean "I" cause "speedhack", or do I get it, because someone else did speedhack?

Just in case, the failure is on my side, how to prevent "speedhack".

Da wo wir sind , ist vorne !!!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oidin View Post
Sorry if I ask a dumb question, but Im a noob in case of network/serverstuff.

I get sometimes this "rubberbanding"; does it mean "I" cause "speedhack", or do I get it, because someone else did speedhack?

Just in case, the failure is on my side, how to prevent "speedhack".
Its not you, don't worry about it. Its the anti speed hack algorithm that's not working as intended and is causing rubber-banding. Someone else was speed hacking and the algorithm was applied to prevent it. They are tweaking a new one on internal TC and it will be replacing the old one soon.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM

A world without rubberbanding? Is it a dream come true? :P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: