SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalitz View Post
After that its just a boat load of testing and working on implimenting the ""FEW"" remaining missing features. And bug fixing. OR + 1 year is my guestimate.
I am new to the emu, and so excited that I am perfectly willing to be very patient. But let's be realistic. As Nova stands, only about 50% of the game is implemented! Saying "FEW" remaining missing features is absurd.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 AM

Well that's Nova, the devs are much farther along in their current build. We just won't be seeing that build on Nova any time soon because they're not finished with the OR.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 AM

Remember, before OR can even be considered for implementing into the EMU, it has to be tested by our guys in the QA department. It's not easy, so we need to be patient, hold tight, and give our support in any way possible. Being impatient is only gonna tick the devs off and take their focus off of the project.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsch View Post
so yeah the part about racial slurs does this mean offensive names such as N****R DOG will finaly get these idots banned? I for one am tired of seeing such rampant and blatant use of that and its numerous variations every time i log in, getting to the point where i dont even want to bother anymore, and honestly all its going to take is for the wrong person to see crap like this get offended and we can say bye bye emu.
profanity filter. use it
Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 AM

many thank you's .. all gentlemen and scholors
Old 05-10-2010, 03:49 AM

The new features for the OR sound awesome. Overall i say keep being awesome EMU team, you've got my respect when you do something like this and make it free... Thats like being god :P Keep up the good work!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 AM

Creature movement

A lot of the areas on Tat have creatures whose altitude settings are too low causing them to travel and attack from under ground where they most often cannot be engaged.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSRice View Post
A lot of the areas on Tat have creatures whose altitude settings are too low causing them to travel and attack from under ground where they most often cannot be engaged.
its not just tat, but it can be dealt with. use a gun, or run back and force them to come up so you can attack. works with me, and i'm just a crafter. lol
Old 05-10-2010, 02:28 PM

considering the amount of grief the developers and other volunteers get, im amazed they dont just close off the tc to the general public allowing only people they choose to test it who actually TEST it for the purpose of improving the final product. Think how much fast the OR would come out if if the staff didnt get dragged into IRC or the forums only to have to listen to some whiner go on a tagent about how a jedi can out damage them even though they are a master ______. I wouldnt be surprised if the idea crossed their minds, and shudder to think how close they may have come to doing just that. No one is being forced to play this TEST SERVER, there is no subscription fee, and just because a person DONATES money to it, doesnt mean they get to call the shots. So instead of whining, or going into a rage cause a jedi stole your kill why not simply choose something else to amuse yourself with? if its causing that much stress or anger for you chances are your playing the wrong game.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 PM

You do realize that by complaining about other people complaining, you stoop to their level? Not only does it spark up even more controversy, it solves nothing. A person who donates feels obligated on some level to give their input, since its their money and they'd like to make sure it goes where they want it. As unlikely as the latter may be to accomplish, that psychological aspect is still there.

The way to approach the situation of someone who is whining about jedi is to say nothing, or perhaps give a lulcat roflmao and then ignore them. As for your other statement regarding people who donate don't get to call the shots, who gave you the right to tell other people what to do? It is the job of the admin/csr to decide where the line is drawn between complaining noobs and the rest of us complainers, not yours.

As for shutting down TC public beta, the devs would have to change the part in their TC summary about "even logging in helps us test" and at this point, being picky about the beta participants of a free game is a difficult move to make since it would require a whole new task of screening players and monitoring their game play even further.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 PM

and YOU realise your comment is hippocritical right? i mean your complaining about me voicing MY opinion and the way im going about it....just saying.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeecai View Post
and YOU realise your comment is hippocritical right? i mean your complaining about me voicing MY opinion and the way im going about it....just saying.
Hahaha this
Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Tell me something, in what way does my post come off as "complaining"?

I merely offered response to your cliche complaints (not that I don't agree with any of them, but I believe you're missing the point of my post). I did ask you a question in there somewhere, but that's not a complaint, rather it's a rhetorical question to ask yourself the next time you try voicing your opinion.

Here's a summary:

Complaining -- OMG NOOBS SUCK BECAUSE THEY BOTHER THE DEVS AND VOLUNTEERS

Responding -- The devs say even noobs should play to help test, let them complain all they want since it's just the game logs that the devs want. Tell the noobs what to do if you have a problem, don't sit there an (&*^% about it.

If you don't understand that:

The difference between my post and your post is that I didn't complain, I told you what to fix. Complaining is when you merely moan about something you don't like, with no constructive criticism; or clear reasoning for why what you don't like shouldn't exist.

Basically:

Quit your complaining, because it gets us no where. Take a moment to explain to the noobs who complain that jedi is stronger that, indeed, jedi is supposed to be stronger. Or tell the people who donate that their donations are not stock shares; but not that the donors are jerks or what ever for assuming they are now stock holders.

And finally:

Learn to tell a complaint from criticism.

Last edited by Woopo; 05-11-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM

To be clear I was complaining about the grief people in general give the developers and staff that volunteer their time, not because noobs are being noobs-i just offered examples from stuff I had just finished reading. Who am I to tell anyone what to do? no one at all, but I am as free to voice my opinion as you are to criticize it. Im sorry if in my attempt to make people think twice about griefing the volunteers on this project offended you, from what i can tell so far you seem like someone I would get along with otherwise but if what I wrote makes someone think twice about going on a rant about the people that give up their time to bring us this project than its served its purpose. Im not saying I worded my post the best possible way but im blunt. If you want to discuss this further feel free to pm me, and we can debate this further if you like to clear up anything.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM

ugh *switches channel*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: