SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Retired Game Master

This is for users to provide other users game support in the #swgemusupport IRC channel.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmulateS View Post
I no longer work full time thanks to a combo of crohns and colitis. I spend approximately 5-6 days awake at a time. I then sleep 4 hours max. I've been working on the coding techniques employed to bring a more useful purpose to CH and BE but have so much time on my hands that I'd like the opportunity to help. I've worked for Verant prior to SOE buying them out of EverQuest 1, IBM, Sun, SGI, HP, NCR a division of AT&T, Unisys, AT&T itself, Level 3 Networks, Integrated Systems Technologies, North Carolina Central University. I'm versed in UNIX - all *NIX - all but Vista Windows Environments (not only small but 5000+ servers per co-location) in as much as systems engineering, administration, security, networking and software engineering. I have over 20 years of work experience and more then that in the gaming community. My entire life's past time has been devoted to keeping people interested in gaming and helping them learn something that is fun and intellectual. If there is room for myself to be counted on, I'd like the opportunity to further help new comers and vet's alike in their adventures that are SWGEmu. PM me with whatever details you feel are necessary to take on this "Helper" role. If the position is not available at this point in time I would like to be kept in mind for future openings in any area of the project, especially the "Helper" role or helping the CH and BE if your intent is too maintain these two, wonderful IMHO, professions.

Sincerest thanks ahead of time,
Tom
aka EmulateS
That's one stunning resume. While as impresive as it is, this post doesn't ask for a job application. Still, your awe-striking experience should be vital to SWGEmu, not only as a community helper, but as a Dev if you're savvy in code too. Not many of us from what I know are lucky to have as much experience as that, and for that I salute you and your over-the-top knowledge as well as what devotion you want to input.

I'm sure you will serve as an inspiration for us all, myself included.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 08-02-2009, 10:47 PM

I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title.

Some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbe View Post
I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title. I also noticed some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
2 remarks: 1, as pointed before, I will spend as much time as I can to help SWGEmu as a community and as a whole. 2, I see that there are some "bad helpers" in the works. I hope I'm not one of them, and if so, sorry. However, these "bad helpers" are either mischief makers or they are misguided due to lack of knowledge. Should you find and confront one, you be the judge.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

I know a lot about the emu I'd be able to help.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
2 remarks: 1, as pointed before, I will spend as much time as I can to help SWGEmu as a community and as a whole. 2, I see that there are some "bad helpers" in the works. I hope I'm not one of them, and if so, sorry. However, these "bad helpers" are either mischief makers or they are misguided due to lack of knowledge. Should you find and confront one, you be the judge.
They do it with purpose. They tell the newbies that they have to go to 0,0 on Tatooine and stuff to become a jedi and so on...
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
They do it with purpose. They tell the newbies that they have to go to 0,0 on Tatooine and stuff to become a jedi and so on...
lolwut. How dare they...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Thank you for the replies thus far guy/gals. We knew folks were looking for a way to help, and let me say again that we really appreciate the interest.

To reiterate what Iny said, this would (theoretically) be unofficial (regulated) community based IRC help, similar to what you find in the Community Support forum. There are many people who are very familiar with the project and are seeking a way to contribute. What better way than to welcome and assist new joiners to the project in IRC?

Keep the feedback coming. We'll be in touch.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah it's true. Believe it or not, but I actually fell for that gag. Here's the confirmation: There's NOTHING at double/triple zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Thank you for the replies thus far guy/gals. We knew folks were looking for a way to help, and let me say again that we really appreciate the interest.

To reiterate what Iny said, this would (theoretically) be unofficial (regulated) community based IRC help, for the community, similar to what you find in the Community Support forum. There are many people who are very familiar, and seeking a way to contribute. What better way, than to welcome and assist new joiners to the project in IRC?

Keep the feedback coming. We'll be in touch.

And also this is one of those things that I am willing to do all I can for not only because it's something worth working for, but also there's some self-satisfaction that comes out of it. Right now, I'm trying to become a Dev for this sake, and even if I fail, I will have still put in the effort, and that's what this is all about, I believe: effort!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Master Chief; 08-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:40 AM

More than happy to help in any way that's needed.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
That's one stunning resume. While as impresive as it is, this post doesn't ask for a job application. Still, your awe-striking experience should be vital to SWGEmu, not only as a community helper, but as a Dev if you're savvy in code too. Not many of us from what I know are lucky to have as much experience as that, and for that I salute you and your over-the-top knowledge as well as what devotion you want to input.

I'm sure you will serve as an inspiration for us all, myself included.
LOL I deeply appreciate the salute. This is something I've dedicated my time too on many different games. I do however apologize for the resume. As stated it was not needed.
/kowtow Master Chief

http://emulates.org
EmulateS
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmulateS View Post
LOL I deeply appreciate the salute. This is something I've dedicated my time too on many different games. I do however apologize for the resume. As stated it was not needed.
/kowtow Master Chief
If i were you or had the skills like you, i would contact the team for DEV position and offer my knowlege to them. Seriously if your that good you should be recruited and fast.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I'm a helper, I spent 3-4 hours yesterday guiding newbies around. I also answer questions. When I remember I use the helper title.

Some people are misleading the newbies and make them travel far away for nothing and make them do silly things.
Reminds me of live

dont worry about it they will figure it out for themselves.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

A bump for real interest. We'd still be very interested in hearing from any folks that enjoy helping.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 AM

I personally enjoy helping new players, i just love the kick you get from helping them out
Hehe,call me a freak...But it's fun.

-Are you a close follower of the project?
I am a great follower of this project, and will stick with it through thick and thin.

-Do you consider yourself well versed with SWGEmu, LPE, and NOVA?
Yes, i love pre-cu and the SWGemu community is the best community out there.

-Are you good with computers?
Yes, i am currently studying C++ and Lua, i have learned moderate HTML.

-Do you enjoy helping out other players?
I love helping out new players, especially when they come back to you for help or thank you.

-Are you an active IRC user?
Not realy, but it doesn't take much to start being active.

Last edited by damondooda; 08-13-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: