SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

opensource ftw
Old 01-10-2008, 01:20 AM

Good news.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 AM

Does this patch switch means that GCW rules will also switch to on leave/combatant/SF system?
And also does it means that Vendor Search will be in place in time?
I hope not for both.. =)
Old 01-10-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgor View Post
Does this patch switch means that GCW rules will also switch to on leave/combatant/SF system?
And also does it means that Vendor Search will be in place in time?
I hope not for both.. =)
agreed, great news for the push to 14 client if cell movement gets implemented, but id really like to see the pre 14 GCW stuff, it allowed for grouped TEF's which im sorry, if my buddy was getting attacked i wouldnt just stand there and say "crap i cant attack coz there is no group TEF!!!"
Old 01-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Inactive Developer

For the people (like me) not aware of the changes that came with Pub14, here are the official Pub14 patchnotes for your information.

Publish 14.0
March 9, 2005

In this publish we bring to you tweaks and fixes for the GCW, some more UI loving and a new story Arc! Read on for more details.

Quests
Today begins the first part of a new epic quest series called "Secrets of the Syren"! Who is the pilot that everyone is searching for? What was the dangerous cargo he was carrying that both Imperials and Rebels want so desperately? Rebels should report immediately to the Tyrena Cantina, Imperials to the Bestine Cantina and Neutrals to the Theed Cantina!

GCW
* Increased the difficulty of higher level faction base spawns. (Now that the rebel and imperial faction bases spawned entity difficulty and numbers have recently been brought into balance with each other, the difficulty of the spawns at bases higher than the forward operating bases are being increased)
* PvE (non SF) faction bases can no longer have control terminal menu options for resetting their vulnerability timer (which shouldn't have been there anyhow, since PvE bases are always supposed to be vulnerable), nor can you shut them down to abort a self-destruct countdown, once started (which better fits the non-PvP nature of these bases).
* Added hacked terminal and base destruction alarms to factional bases
* Added exterior reinforcement spawner to hacked factional bases
* Decreased point cost of faction turrets
* Decreased point cost of the factional forward operating bases
* Factional base deeds should now indicate what faction they are for by their name.
* Increased GCW point value of factional bases for all bases higher than Forward Operating Base
* Slightly increased cost of Tactical Center to bring it in line with the increased toughness of its spawns
* Fixed an issue where Imperial guards were spawning and entering Moenian cantinas
* Fixed rank display in recruiter conversations
* News terminals will now always open the news headlines when you double click on them
* Fixed several bad faction base objective-terminal spawn locations and orientations
* Fixed terminals only working if you were special forces
* Added roving security personnel to hacked factional bases
* Fixed a bug where objects could block players from entering factional bases
* Changed how GCW faction perk costs are changed based on GCW status. There was a bug that caused items to get cheaper as you started to lose. This was incorrect and backwards. If you are losing, items get more expensive on that planet.

AI
* Fixed a bug where AI would warp when moving towards a destination (such as fleeing, etc.)

UI
* There are 4 new key bindings that are not mapped to any key-binding at this time. When bound, they should filter out friends and enemies in a previous next manner
* Player movement should now feel "snappier" (run, walk and turn rates have been accelerated)
* Hovering over a blip on the radar will display tooltip information about the blip.
* Fixed an issue where the buff window would reset when a player logged out or relogged.
* Planetmap should honor the show all cities flag.
* Fixed an issue where players could not run through streetlamps
* If the quest journal is open when a task or quest completes, it will now update correctly.
* Duplicate journal entries will only be displayed once. (e.g. Darn Droid listed a speak task 3 times before).
* Destroy, loot, and timer tasks will have a progress counter in the journal. (e.g.. "Killed: 2/10" will show in the journal description for a kill 10 worrts task).
* Tooltips on the radar will now display instantly
* The waypoint window in the datapad window will no longer overlap the checkboxes in the detail view
* Radar opacity should ignore UI opacity setting
* Improved double click options:

o Double-clicking on NPCs will display the appropriate messages and perform the proper actions.
o Double-clicking an incapacitated player will death-blow them.
o Double-clicking on your mount will mount or dismount you.
o Double-clicking on a crafting station will start a crafting session with a compatible crafting tool in your inventory

Loot
* Giant Canyon and Krayt Ancient Dragons should drop pearls at their normal drop rate
* Nightsisters should drop crystals at their normal drop rate
* Fixed a problem with all high-end loot drop rates
* Fixed an issue that no longer allows dead players to loot factional pets and dead players

Player Cities
* Fixed a problem where some Mayors cannot send ingame emails to citizens

Player Event Perks
* Changed faction perk gating to fix coverts not being able to wear armor

Vet Rewards
* Anti Decay Kits that were placed inside house containers such as a bookcase or armoire will now have a "Pickup" radial menu option.

Misc.
* Fixed an issue where players would experience a crash to desktop in /alarmsnooze if no alarms were previously set
* Japanese Localization Fixes
* Fixed some issues that would cause players to crash to desktop

If you are experiencing a bug in game please use the /bug reporting feature and provide as much details as possible to help us fix the problem.

Vendorsearch came with Pub 14.1.

The entertainer stuff like

• Tumble
• Tumble2
• Breakdance
• Breakdance2
• Removed the 15sec delay between stopping one song or dance and starting a new song or dance.
• Removed chance of making a mistake while dancing.

was also announced with Pub14.1 notes.

After Pub 14 was released, SoE fixed some bugs with two patches.

March 29th, 2005
Version 0.117734

Crafting
* Fixed a bug where a crafting tool can hang while loading schematic.
* Fixed recyclers, the tumble blender, and the agitator motor.

Guilds
* Fixed bug where guilds could no longer be placed on the Entry or Ban lists using "guild:abbreviation"
__________________________________________________ _______

March 31st, 2005
Version 0.118054

Player Event Perks
* Fixed an issue preventing the jukebox from playing.

GCW
* Eased the faction base placement restrictions

Misc.
* Improve server stability
* Fixed issue where objects could not be moved up or down in one of the rooms of the Corellian small style 2 house

Last edited by Farmer_John; 01-10-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 AM

Thank you, Movealong

Enlist at http://combinesglory.guildlaunch.com
Old 01-10-2008, 06:00 AM

Anyway its better to hear it from Devs, cause pub 14 includes on leave/combatant/SF system... It means that TEF system is no more (being Rebel combatant you can kill stormies staying right near SF Imp player...) - its so starwarsy =( Is it the way of SWGEmu?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 AM

I may be wrong ( i joined in july of the year NGE came, so i was just in CU for ..um 1...2.. 4 months) But wasn't multipassenger vehicles added in pub 14? just wondering

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons" -Herodotus

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -Veron Sanders Law

12 Highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion -Scottish proverb.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar View Post
I may be wrong ( i joined in july of the year NGE came, so i was just in CU for ..um 1...2.. 4 months) But wasn't multipassenger vehicles added in pub 14? just wondering
No.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Inactive Developer

Multipassenger were introduced with PUB17 - which was after CU (PUB 15 ).

I called it the "Jedi grind bus" :P
Old 01-10-2008, 08:25 AM

Very kool
Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isskiss Osskis View Post
(...) don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
coolio. i used to have that quote on my precu bio on my toon

IGN: Korvos StarshatterDesigned by Xave
Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 AM

You rule guys

I can see into your deepest thoughts.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

This does not mean everything will have to be on Publish 14 content. The CONTENT is up to the server admin, not us.

This does not mean everything will have to be on Publish 14 content. The CONTENT is up to the server admin, not us.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 AM

Lol one publish away from CU. Devilish.

Just don't update the client any further, publish wise :P
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: