SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Which means emailing phantomleader or myself. Links in sigs.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 AM

Makes ya wonder... if there ever is a limit of how many toons you can make per account, how much worse is this going to get?

Last edited by Agent A; 04-11-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent A View Post
Makes ya wonder... if there ever is a limit of how many toons you can make per account, how much worse is this going to get?
I'm going to refer you to this thread so you can get a good grasp of both arguements.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent A View Post
Currently on Test Center: Nova, no. There is no character limit per account. Again we insist that only one account is created per user, however.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Which means emailing phantomleader or myself. Links in sigs.
Is there actually anyway of stopping people lying to your face about it. What's stopping me from saying "yeah there are three people who want accounts in my house" and then using all the accounts for myself?

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 04-11-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadokk View Post
Is there actually anyway of stopping people lying to your face about it. What's stopping me from saying "yeah there are three people who want accounts in my house" and then using all the accounts for myself?
We're paying attention.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:21 AM

Are you kidding me?

People please STOP!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:48 AM

I know right...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:55 AM

Is there any way some of us can help with the email correspondance? maybe sifting thorugh emails and sending back form letters for the most common questions and forewarding the interesting ones on?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 AM

Hmm i feel like these are forums to troll or **** around. Well they are wrong to make duplicate accounts here.

I suggest if they make another account with the same IP, ban their IP so they wont do that again, unless if they are dumb to get another computer.

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music...
If you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature. :P +1

SWG Retired Veteran
Old 04-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadokk View Post
Well you could say that, but there is no point, which is THE point. Multiple accounts aren't needed.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp_one View Post
I'm interested in how you are determining the use of multiple accounts. If it is via IP, then there are 3 people in my house that play Emu, usually on different computers (for obvious reasons.)

It would be much easier if people understood they don't need multiple accounts for multiple characters, then you guys wouldn't need to keep removing duplicates. Unfortunately that seems to be the main issue of free accounts, it doesn't cost money to make a new account like it would with SOE.
I have a wireless router and 5 computers in my house that are connected to it. Three are directly plugged in and 2 are laptops that connect wireless. I also have 3 people in the house that play SWG and 3 who do not. If I'm in my bedroom playing and it gets late and my wife wants to sleep, are you saying that I cannot log off and switch to the computer in my office which may have been used to create my son's account?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp_one View Post
Well you could say that, but there is no point, which is THE point. Multiple accounts aren't needed.
No the point is not the morality behind it but the actual action. Just because there is no point in doing it doesn't mean that people won't do it. I genuinely want to know what is stopping someone from saying "I have three people in my house who want to play" (when in fact they don't) just to get extra accounts.

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 PM

We're talking about owning multiple accounts here and not using one account on multiple computers right? Ever since I found the Emu, I've played it on my desktop, but a couple of months ago I bought a laptop and wanted to play the Emu on that. I'm just making sure its cool to log on to my old account and play the Emu on my new computer.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackattack View Post
Hmm i feel like these are forums to troll or **** around. Well they are wrong to make duplicate accounts here.

I suggest if they make another account with the same IP, ban their IP so they wont do that again, unless if they are dumb to get another computer.
That's all very nice, but as stated before some people might have more than one person playing SWG in their household, me being one of them.

Secondly, also stated before, there is no need for a second account, because at the time of writing, there is no limit to the number of characters per account.

Third, if you've read the FAQ and other assorted sources of info on this forum, you're giving the devs a hard time, time that could have been spent on SWGEmu itself.

So, a heartfelt request from a regular user: Please don't create extra accounts. The only thing you would gain is a ban.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: