SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Over 1000 people on right now!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen Talross View Post
This stuff will continue to happen as long as a huge influx of people want to play, with a limited pipeline for people to go through. Testing is the objective, not necessarily to game, hence just relax and take it easy.

Meh.... As a donater, I don't donate to get VIP access, its not needed on a test server. Even on Suncrusher I don't think it would be needed at all. Making donaters above everyone else in my opinion isn't beneficial because a disparity is henceforth created. I make the donation to the cause that SWGemu is on, not for the actual game itself. I waited all day today to test and have had a chance to craft around a bit in the evening, doesn't bother me a bit if I wasn't able to before. What I can take to the bank that if it meant some other good ol' chap was able to go and have alot of fun testing his blaster and found out it had some glitch and reported it, then it was well worth the waiting
On Suncrusher, it probably won't be needed. On the TC though, we need as many donations as possible. Donators won't be above everyone else, they will only get access to the server and that is not irrational because they are the reason the server is running at all! It's not as if the community is seperated into who has money gets the priority. They're not bribing the devs for ingame items, they're trying to help test the game and to be honest...I think those who donate are more dedicated to the overall finding bugs, reporting than those who don't.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetsunaNexus View Post
Well what's even more frustrating is the craracter creation process. By the time there's an open spot you finally get into creation, but then when you want to connect, it's either offline or too crowded and you just sit there thinking, what can it be. Going in the character creation process for the 15th time is quite annoying.

But sure,Wen Talross, we'll relax. I'll throw a party. and who knows, some day.

:-D
Good idea

2 questions.

a.) Where is my invite?
b.) You're paying for my plane ticket, right?

Edit: 1010 people, how epic!

Last edited by Wen Talross; 09-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 PM

congrats on another milestone reached! 1000+ users awesome job well done!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM

Anyone else having a hard time logging in today? It kinda seems like the deadlock, just never connects. Been trying for a while, it may just be to many people and on and I can't get in, not sure. It just seems a little weird considering it usually only takes a few mins at most. If its not a problem I guess I'll just wait to get on like everyone else.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM

Yes, I am having trouble also. I thought that the server was capped, but it's a school/business day, so what would the server be doing capped? Do people play Emu from work or something?

Yeah, I'm having trouble too.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 AM

iv been trying to connect for a half hour no luck. it might be a server cap at like 520 but idk. last night was crazy with 1k+ people on.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
Yes, I am having trouble also. I thought that the server was capped, but it's a school/business day, so what would the server be doing capped? Do people play Emu from work or something?

Yeah, I'm having trouble too.
maaayyybeeee.....
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM

Server is fine as I'm on right now.
Just capped.

The shared bandwidth must be stressed to death by all the customers using it at this moment, I guess.

If it's capped, there is a reason, I don't think the devs would cap it for the fun or just to annoy you.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayliaah View Post
Server is fine as I'm on right now.
Just capped.

The shared bandwidth must be stressed to death by all the customers using it at this moment, I guess.

If it's capped, there is a reason, I don't think the devs would cap it for the fun or just to annoy you.
I positively agree with you as far as STAFF integrity. I must say it is annoying, though, to sit here and wait when I was hoping to spend all afternoon fighting, grinding, and seeking "rumors," wherever the freak that dispenses them is at.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Well if others are getting on I guess I'm just getting unlucky, oh well I'm bout to go do rl things anyways.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Inactive Developer

Whenever I get disconnected in an un-orderly manner (PC reboot) I can pretty much give up on being able to connect again afterwards. Like right now I haven't been able to connect for an hour yet I see the server population bouncing up and down from 49x to 53x users.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Well just sit at the loading screen, it took me more than 30 minutes to log on my toon, so it's not hopeless, it just takes a while.

The cap isn't at 500 or 530 straight, it's between 500 and 530-540, it's really random.
You can see players entering and leaving the game but it doesn't mean that when they logout, a place is instantly freed and you can login.

There are hundreds of people trying at the same time, the login server is crying I assure you. :o
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Last time i spent half an hour connecting to the galaxy i had just smoked something dubious....

well in the mean time heres some entertainment.

/sings
/dances

youre all very welcome, dont forget to tip xxxx
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 PM

lol, Well how could there be so many people on now? I thought that the two times to go on would be during work hours and during late night hours. That way, the bulk of people are either at jobs/school or are in bed, dreaming about either Emu or love-life or the future or what-not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: