SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun View Post
If it was just to fix that one issue then I would say no. I don't really know the extent of the exploiting and duping but it is severe enough that we're all here now in this thread. If they fix the drop rate of dot weapons and take jedi off easy mode then I'm all for that and I think that could only be impleneted with a wipe. Even if those are the only substantial changes we get until the OR I'd be happy with it.
agreed, if the wipe should come let it at least fix other problems as well.

like maybe droids, creature handler, etc.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 AM

I RE-state, if the wipe is done as planned it wont be a full wipe, it will ONLY be the past 6 months....any Jedi or items or money or resources from before then will remain. The playing field will NOT BE equal as some of you are thinking it will be. If your going to do more then one wipe do a FULL wipe, knock EVERYONE back to the begining and then when the OR comes out, wipe again...sounds silly to do it that many times...but oh well thats what we get for playing on a Test Server. So I say FULL WIPE or stop wasting our time and lets get the OR out!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith- View Post
I RE-state, if the wipe is done as planned it wont be a full wipe, it will ONLY be the past 6 months....any Jedi or items or money or resources from before then will remain. The playing field will NOT BE equal as some of you are thinking it will be. If your going to do more then one wipe do a FULL wipe, knock EVERYONE back to the begining and then when the OR comes out, wipe again...sounds silly to do it that many times...but oh well thats what we get for playing on a Test Server. So I say FULL WIPE or stop wasting our time and lets get the OR out!
They've already stated it will be a full account wipe if they do one at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 AM

I'm new to TC:Nova but if it adds more content to the game then yes go ahead and wipe maybe even put is space so I can fly agen :-)

Onium Starchaser - TC:Nova
Onium Starchaser - SWG Shadowfire
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 AM

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.

Whats that say Spun? Read a little instead of going for big headlines!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.

Whats that say Spun? Read a little instead of going for big headlines!
How about reading the sentences above that buddy before calling someone else out for something you missed.

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ail45 View Post
agreed, if the wipe should come let it at least fix other problems as well.

like maybe droids, creature handler, etc.
those are features and they wont be added till atleast OR. Only Things that this wipe is proposing is new jedi unlock system, duping fix (which prolly last long), exploiting fix (wont last very long), equalizing looted and crafted weapons, and bazaar sploit fix.

Good Crafted weapons would prolly take awhile to develop because of resource spawns
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Doesn't matter what i think, poll results are pretty clear.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

so far it doesn't look like there isn't going to be a wipe, honestly either way it doesn't bother me, i have a jedi, i have credits i didn't dupe. But seriously one part of this game I always loved was the fact that you could group up with your friends like everyone other MMO, however right now its more beneficial to grind solo because of group experience being broken. So this is for the dev's if there is a wipe, it's cool however please add to your fixes, group experience. Once you have 3 or 4 people in a group you either get no experience, or very little. I hope you take what I have said into account. Some people may think this guys whack, just solo. The problem is I like to work with friends in a group, it is very easy to grind, and you don't need help this much is true, but it's just more enjoyable.

Quote:
the previous wipe was 6 months ago i believe so it will be a full wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
" What we propose changing
* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone. "

Okay, I know I haven't been on TC the longest period of time yet, but I honestly look at this proposal as one that doesn't have much of a point. Aside from changing the Jedi unlock system a bit (which would then nullify everything that everyone's done to late in order to get their Jedi), and POSSIBLY seeing more equality among crafted and looted items (my question would be HOW this would be implemented... would they nerf looted weps or would they actually provide GOOD resources for crafters?) there aren't any tangible benefits to wiping and restarting with the same old code + a couple of tweaks.

Who would this really benefit? As for testing the server, having the large number of items and characters to keep a database of, plus the existing server population would seem to test the server even more than wiping it, and implementing a slight content switch with Jedi (which could be buggy or near impossible to figure out) or an undisclosed means of making the items in game more on par, crafting and looting wise.

I vote No as there are too many variables at this time, and not enough information has been released on the HOWS and WHATS of what would be done in order to make the wipe actually beneficial. I honestly could also see how it could push a lot of people into just stopping playing for awhile or altogether as all the work they put into their characters was toasted just to implement a credit/item dupe fix, tweak Jedi a bit, and possibly make craftable items more equal. Not a HUGE benefit for such a big loss.

I see a lot of posts saying "I vote yes if..." Well what if the "if..." doesn't come to pass? Are there any people who are going to STOP playing if no wipe Pre- OR hits? Are there any people who'll come back if a wipe happens and resets it to zero? If we're wanting to test the server, having as many people playing/running characters, collecting items, placing harvesters, adding inventory, etc... will test the server. It just seems this wipe has WAY too many unknowns that could backfire.

What if the new Jedi system doesn't work right and has to be reverted? What if instead of craftable schems being bugged, harvesters end up being completely useless again? Too many variables when you talk about wiping, then changing the code. As it is now, we all pretty much know the ins and outs of the bugs and problems, and a wipe is counterproductive to that...especially when bugfixes on TC are not even being targeted anymore.

If there was an addition of EXTRA CONTENT to actually TEST, i.e. CH, Houses, Backpacks, etc... in prep for OR, then I'd be all for it... but there's nothing really beneficial to this wipe.

Just my two cents.
Better said then I could ever do, too many people are voting yes and then adding tons of caveats into their statements.

IF we are testing new content, IF we are using this wipe to make the OR better, IF we are doing a wipe to shorten the LIVE launch, then I can bite the bullet and agree to a wipe. The only problem is now the revised statement I read is different than the one when I got the in game message, logged in, and then voted on.

But IF all this is doing is resetting us to ZERO for the sake of making some people stop complaining, and does not in effect implement fixes to stop the very behaviors that we are "wiping" for then I think this just takes valuable time and resources away from the OR.

Because of the vague statement I voted no. Now that I see the revised reasons, I ask everyone to step back and rethink their decision.

See you all around in game.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altkevin View Post
My 'yes' vote is conditional.
As a vet. Swg player I find it irritating that we have full functioning Jedi, but no droids or buildings, and FAIL extractors. No wearable packs from tailor, no real use for CH, or DE. I say if a wipe will fix or bring about a fix to these CORE professions. I will be on board. If ALL this is about, is to fix in game economy then >NO WAY<

I have to be "cautious" here as I respect and deeply appreciate the DEVS and all the hard work they are doing to give us our dream back, but the above post does ring true. This will probably get me flamed like crazy, but if you gave me a choice, and I could only have a choice between the following;

A) Fully Functional Jedi

B) Fully Functional Architect with all the working schematics

Then I would choose B, maybe I am on crack? Flame away!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Hujskurwyszn has made a good point how many people voted yes, to the original post before it was revised saying that they may add some new features? that is sort of misleading, i think a new poll is in order.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:44 AM

"We are almost done with the core structure of the OR, and are beginning to add content to it, but it will be many months before it is on par with what is currently on TC (Feature-wise). We wanted to give the community a choice on how to proceed."

From reading that, and also knowing ETA are not going to be posted I am thinking we are looking a minimum of 6 months before a the OR is or might come out, and we will be in this corrupted economy which is I feel is directly effecting the quality of the game. Yes its a test server but of how many people we have and how many people are seriously putting time and supporting the development of this project, I see the best and smartest thing to do is a wipe.

I mean looking at the current numbers doing a wipe right now will hurt and turn away a large population of the people currently 37% which I say is a large number, but if you break it down, grinding professions is very fast, getting your best items will take time but still at a fair rate.

Make the game as a whole a better quality by making the jedi something rare mystery, not the typical 3 unlocks a day. Fixing the game hurting bugs/exploit, and giving everyone a fresh start I think will be better in the long run.

Here is how I see it, fixing up an old car vs just sucking it paying the extra money and buying a new one.

EDIT: Let me add something, if this was a live server dealing with these problems exploit/hacking the exploited/dupeded items would be taken out of the economy and the people who did it would be banned. But this isn't a live server and I think that the exploits and dupes are not the only thing effecting the quality of the game they may feel that a wipe and adding these new feature they were talking about would be more beneficial in the long run.

Last edited by JonnyMe; 04-26-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 AM

I cannot understand, why you Edyoti a method by contradiction?
Clear business what to make everything, насрав to players in soul at which is jedi it is possible, but after all same has not put!!! Why it is impossible to try to make all акуратно? I understand that that who put update the previous has not thought of that that will be, but why to you all the same not to try to make it?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: