SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 AM

Letesh: True, I dont know exactly what they are doing. Do you? Did you vote? Do you get to have an opinion without knowing? So do I, then.

They will add changes to fix the economy, they will change the unlock system and they will probably add content that they cannot add to the current TC. This was enough to form my opinion and make my vote.

I do have faith in the dev team, and i dont think they would propose a wipe 'just because'.

Even though I love my toon, I dont mind a wipe. Would this be SC, I would feel crap right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:32 AM

Fully working would be gret paelen, but that won't be the case. These are miniscule changes that we can do without before the OR. Its not worth a wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:32 AM

In addition, the poll itself is extremely biased toward a "Yes" vote. Everyone knows that there is supposed to be a wipe. This is making it seem like you're asking permission to do that wipe for the OR, or even Sun Crusher.

There are a lot of things about this that is starting to make my skin crawl, not least the morbid glee of an overly vocal minority.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venand View Post
Letesh: True, I dont know exactly what they are doing. Do you? Did you vote? Do you get to have an opinion without knowing? So do I, then.

They will add changes to fix the economy, they will change the unlock system and they will probably add content that they cannot add to the current TC. This was enough to form my opinion and make my vote.

I do have faith in the dev team, and i dont think they would propose a wipe 'just because'.

Even though I love my toon, I dont mind a wipe. Would this be SC, I would feel crap right now.
I did vote, and I voted no because I dont know exactly what they are doing. Its like obama, I didnt vote for him to wait arond and see what he was going to do. Now Im glad I didnt.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 AM

LOL, its like Pelosi said, "We need to pass this thing so we can find out whats in it"... yeah, brilliant!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 AM

Everyone know there will be another wipe before OR. How much are you willing to grind inbetween wipes? Is this going to be like a year between wipes or a month or two?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 AM

You shouldn't have put up this poll. Should've wiped it without anyone knowing. It's TC, it happens.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmulletman View Post
not true OlisJ i'll be going master WS in a couple days after server starts over may even go armorsmith this time it only takes 8.5 hours and 200k metal which i can gather in less than 10 hours
It won't be possible to get that amount of resources in 10 hours. First you'l have to make artisan then you will have to grind credits to buy skills, with enough survey skills to gather resources to craft harvesters and sample sample radioactives to power them, then you will have to grind more credits to maintain them, and if you are lucky in a few days after you will have enough materials to master WS. But honestly 8.5 hours will require to use 3rd party software.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 AM

Wipe it !

The even if your master weaponsmith doesn't mean you'll have the resouces to craft anything decent

i agree dangron if they wanted to test something on the server then they should just do it, that is after all, why we have the TC

EDIT** oh and otisj it wont take me longer than 2 days i can guarantee it i have more than enough friends to help me sample
it actually shouldnt even take that long at all...hell it cant be worse than waiting 3 months for rhodium steel which still hasnt spawned...

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229

Last edited by tehmulletman; 04-26-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM

This is sad to see that so man people have voted yes, although I can understand peoples wanting for a quick fix. But with the OR only a few months away wouldn't you want to see out the rest of your days on a semi established server? Starting over from scratch I can only imagine is going to be very slow. I haven't been here before for a wipe myself, but I have doubts about playing for an "inbetween" wipe before the OR. But given the results up top there, it seems it's pretty much decided
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

This thread sure draws a crowd.

I wounder why?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 AM

I voted yes.

There is no pvp, the economy is destroyed, way to many stupidly powerful loot/dot weapons that were mainly looted using exploits.

Even after those few reasons the main reason I want to see a wipe is that for me the only thing that is left to test on TC is *can* exploits can be stopped. Im under no illusion that the OR will be free of exploits or people who will try and find them and I personally want to see what the Devs do about them now going forward.

If exploiters get away with it here then they will feel they can get away with it in the future.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
I don't see how the goal of testing will be benefitted by sending everyone back to the starting areas and content. If this is truely a test center, then testing the playability of various features and zones should be more important then whether or not the economy is fair.
Well said.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: