SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:07 AM

I have to agree, I hate the sanctimonious bull that goes on in the forums.
I got infraction points for trying to point out that staff was inciting reactions, then I get jumped on by other staff saying they didn't deserve to be talked to like taht...etc. I got the infraction points for trying to point out spam, not name calling, just pointing out that what staff had said served no purpose other than to incite reactions, classic baiting spam, yet I get infractions and ask why and if others got them and never recieved a response.

Sorry to rant and rave, I just want others to know I have resentment towards these forums too.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
We have a Role Playing forum that is designed for most of what you are asking I believe. We are certainly open to creating new and needed areas if that helps the progress of development.
I don't think (and I believe that most PvPers will agree) that PvP smack talk has anything to do with Role Playing.

If I'm calling someone a chicken, I'm NOT referring to someone who's standing around in coronet with a "Cluck Cluck" macro handing out Petrified Avian Eggs or Chicken Legs

mmmm Chicken

Khamsinvera - preCU Jedi
B R I A for life. [removed. Evading the profanity filter is not allowed]
In game: Khamsinvera / Pushy / Panzer of <-ATO->
Blacklist of bad traders: Gapster (Soun), Wint3rz (Jeopi/Shepo), Licous (Ballyyr), KV90 (Kaar)
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

lolol PvP forum != roleplay
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Everyone knows the emu staff cant take constructive criticism...
Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decius View Post
Everyone knows the emu staff cant take constructive criticism...
-staff +mods.

Having an opinion is a ban-able offence around here.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM

I agree with these, for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is the insane lengths of time on some regarding forum posts. 1 point for 9 months for a troll post, 2 points for a year for a REPOST. That's the same amount of time Nova has been on TC, a bit harsh imo.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Really liking these changes.

With the new forums, can we either get rid of or restrict the size of large images in people's signatures?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
As far as I know right now and it isn't complete or fully tested yet, only your name, password and email will transfer. You bring up a good point that maybe we should look into transfering the registration dates as well, but I don't know what is possible or practical.
Thanks. I like being reminded of how long you guys have been dangling this carrot in front of my face

Quote:
Those things are considered spam on the SWGEmu services. At the same time it is not our intention to exclude those helpful people from doing just that, helping development. I really don't think that the honest and helpful people will have any fear of being banned.
I would agree that they are considered spam in the sense that is a "needless, noncontributing post;" however, I don't think someone bumping their thread for further discussion should be penalized the same as someone repeatedly making threads about the same topic. That is just my opinion though.

Quote:
I will agree that the spam and trolling infraction lengths are not making the most sense right now. We will review this and feel free to bring these concerns up to concerns@swgemu.com
Thank you sir. I'm glad to see a staff that takes into consideration its supporters concerns

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1715 View Post
I agree with these, for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is the insane lengths of time on some regarding forum posts. 1 point for 9 months for a troll post, 2 points for a year for a REPOST. That's the same amount of time Nova has been on TC, a bit harsh imo.
I would agree some of the rules could use further clarification. For example, "repost" in this case implies a thread or post that was deleted due to severely breaking the rules. Things like a blatant flame thread full of profanity and personal attacks would fall into this category, if it were deleted and the user made the same thread again.

We're still working out the kinks in the infraction system. These revised rules aren't set in stone, and despite some of the more jaded posters insisting the contrary we are open to critique. After all, community feedback is what led us to sit down and discuss rule revisions in the first place.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post

Having an opinion is a ban-able offence around here.
This.

And my opinion is: less forum work more OR. Our forum works perfectly.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceBon View Post
This.

And my opinion is: less forum work more OR. Our forum works perfectly.
I agree, the forums themselves were perfectly fine, hell..even the infractions and rules were fine.

The only issue ever had was terrible mods.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

The SWGEmu Team is making improvements that keep the focus on DEVELOPMENT as well as a pleasant place for all to come and interact.

The SWGEmu Team is listening and seriously considering all valid and feasible concerns. Emotions are now "checked at the door" as much as humanly possible (we are also people with feelings). Concerns and suggestions are most effective when sent to concerns@swgemu.com.

We are making some suggested adjustments to the rules and will be posting them shortly.

This thread is now closed.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: