Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
You assume everyone who plays actually can do that without making an account on this forum... lol
Making an account on the forums does not require you to read any of the posts...and most people don't.

They say "I want to play" so they download the launcher and realize they need a forum account, so they create one, then another, then another...then they log on.

It's not rocket science, most people hate the forums and avoid them at all costs.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
They say "I want to play" so they download the launcher and realize they need a forum account, so they create one, then another, then another...then they log on.
Pretty much exactly what I did. However I would like to bring up that as a new user with little knowledge of testing procedures, it can be intimidating to make a post without taking in the community silently for awhile to make sure you know what to say.

For example, if I just came on here and said "Hey this is awesome guys! When do you think it will be ready," most of you would probably want to rip the keyboard out from under my fingers.

Take us silent folk with a grain of salt, once we get into the groove of things we'll come out of the wood-works.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
A note for you, ColdTriton -- if you will be running two accounts from the same PC for a legitimate reason definitely do notify a forum moderator or admin so action is not taken against either account.

I believe he sent PhantomLord an email regarding this, but am not sure as he had to go out on business for a while. I will also send an email to be sure. We have yet to experience any issues, but for the sake of both our accounts i will double check.

Master Scout, Master Creature Handler, Master Rifleman, Master Fencer,Master Teras Kasi, Master Bio-Engineer Also known as Rorshyyk,Daimou and Riognach.Unfortunate Brother Of ColdTriton AKA Heretic.Misunderstood Friend Of W1zardh@ AKA Yyeddi
Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM

So what if 2 people with 2 different computers (and different accounts) were playing on the same network?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Retired Game Master

That should not cause any problems.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Sounds good, now I can safely LAN it up.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 AM

Is there anything that I can read on this subject? I am interested in how multiple accounts are being tested, and what the plans are to resolve this dillema.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 AM

I just read through about 5 pages of this thread and I haven't seen once where "Multiple Computer's" is defined.

When you say multiple accounts are not allowed per computer, does per computer mean.

A) Per actual workstation

- or -

B) Per external IP address

As, I seriously doubt you have any way of actually tracking which "workstation" the logins are coming from, I'm assuming you mean external IP address, and if this is the case these attempts to ban accounts that come from the same IP unless they email you is just dumb. Unless you want to go through 1000 emails a day attempting to determine ( which its impossible to ) if there story is legit. That's a lot of work for a CSR. As a matter of fact, that's more work than some people get PAID to do and these CSR are doing it for free. This whole situation is just dumb and a new system needs to be worked out.

When you look at a game like galaxies or wow or whatever, the only thing keeping people from having multiple accounts was how much real money they wanted to put into this game. If you cant keep EVERYONE from multiple accounts your just making it unfair for everyone else.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:49 AM

Hey, I need a dev to help me set up an account for my dad... We will be playing from the same house. I tried to send an e-mail to Phantomleader yesterday... and I sent him a message on this site.. I haven't gotten a response, so it would be appreciated if I could get some help setting up my dads account so that it doesn't get banned for multiple accounts.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Developers do not deal with accounts, they develop code. You can create your account for your father, and then PM me him account name, and I'll take care of it.

Ahoivik. Multiple accounts seems pretty self explanatory. More than 1 account. Forum accounts are linked to TC. You are permitted one. As to explaining in detail what checks we use, we won't be disclosing that, sorry. As to the work I/we do on this, it's not quite 1000 emails/day, but it's a lot
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM

alright thank you, I'll send you a pm.. but the reason I sent phantomleader an e-mail is because on the first page of this thread it says to send an e-mail to phantomleader or you if you need to set up another account
Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 PM

I mustve not fully read the faq, I logged on swgemu at a friends house because he got it all installed and I just wanted to check it out, but his account was insta banned the moment he tried to use it, could someone please refer me to the guidelines of where I can and cant logon to swg?

Old swg lan parties were something I plan to recreate in the near future, if this wont be possible, I will be upset!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
Making an account on the forums does not require you to read any of the posts...and most people don't.

It's not rocket science, most people hate the forums and avoid them at all costs.
Similar problems exist over at EQEmu.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Retired Game Master

That happens often. In such an instance the administrators need to be informed.

Last edited by Ekaika; 06-16-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 PM

Oh... informed, eh? Well, in that case, I was making account for my little brother (he's computer illiterate and had no idea how, lol) And made CalebElLoco. However, I entered an email address that apparently got erased, and couldn't get it activated, so I made him another account, CalebTHEloco (lol). The Second one is now banned?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: