SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 04:05 AM

I do a little happy dance every time there is a new update.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 AM

Woop, lot's of progress has been made Well done!

Kakll [Pre CU/Post CU]
Teris Kasi Master
Master Rifleman
Master Creature Handler
Master Scout

Youtube - candlesinadaze
Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 AM

It is very exciting and I am very impressed.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Great job once again guys
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Tier 2 Support & Support Supervisor
Community Team

Absolutely awesome work! I too, am looking forward to that DB wipe
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 AM

"I am planning to commit more resources toward educating people on how to script their own missions, and do it well"

Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 AM

Amazing Stuff!

I believe the integration of the CSR to help streamline the bug fixing will free up alot of time and identify the more serious bugs (and exploits, lets not forget those!) and prioritize them! Nice move that! Already set up my account on that.

I think as you guys get closer and closer to the finish line you will see more and more people popping out of the woodwork and offering to code. The bi-weekly progress report gives them all a metre stick to see how much closer you are getting with each update (I love being able to look at the tracker and see what the project is about with one click). Hats off to those groups that have already stepped forward! That is one thing I cannot get over since I showed up here. Everyone's devotion to this game as Pre-CU is simply astounding!

This update is a HUGE one, with alot of the different projects coming together at once. Astounding progress! Astounding heart! An effort to be proud of people!

K
Old 07-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Very nice progress guys.

I recently had my grandpa die and going to his funeral today... otherwise id log in and beg fer the chance ot be a CSR :P
Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
7. You may not defraud other players. Fraud is defined as falsely representing one's intentions to make a gain at another's expense. Examples of this activity include but are not limited to:

Slice and Run in which a player offers to "slice" a weapon or container belonging to another player and then keeping the items and/or credits
Defraud Selling such as selling disabled vehicles, renaming items and selling them as a different item, or violating any trade agreement (such as agreeing to craft an item for resources, but keeping the resources/item instead).
Uhh...dont give your weapons to people you dont know. If you do face the consequences on your own, getting a CSR in is just drama.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Immature

ColaCan, that was an immature response. There is nothing in this game that binds a player agreement between a buyer and a seller/crafter. Too many immature people in this game would get a hold of exceptional/legendary/ or rare items and run off like idiots. They need to be punished and now the rules outline the banhammer which needs to fall swiftly on those who play to ruin other's fun experiences. Simply put, exploiters/cheaters need to be punished because they ruin the experience. Those who play fairly deserve to do so free of being ripped off.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Retired Game Master

ColaCan - As a player, I see it as - those are the rules. I agree with you in theory. However, as pointed out, this game relies on profession interaction and goods exchange to function. Allow too much mistrust to breed and the game is gimped. Therefore the rules are in place and suggestions to ignore a player's ability to report violations are not appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------

As a CSR - Everyone should choose a slicers that they trust. However, this is not always feasible. It is suggested that players should Screen Shot an examine of the object beforehand with serial number, chat logs of the exchange, screen shot the trade window, provide date and time, etc. Those screenshots will be required for resolving slice-and-run issues.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
The Player Rules and Policies are now in effect. Players are asked to bring all actions and toons into compliance with Player Rules asap.

I was distraught to see that this thread, concerning the naming of characters, was locked before a debate could develop. It would be a shame if this project were to become, as many of us experienced with the original game, a place of overbearing rules and regulations.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Nice tip SerpentKa.....someone should sticky that and make sure it gets around.

K
Old 07-15-2008, 04:10 PM

so good keep going
Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 PM

woot, I cannot wait for rev #440 =D
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: