SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM

yea but wont that mean if they unlock jedi they have to delete their old toon? -_-

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM

on a side not some of you guys were out there handsampling resources as if we didnt know that worked fine, while others of us were out testing/exploiting ham bars mechanics and container functions AKA the storm ban. point being community should not be involved in this. as agent K said in men in black "persons are smart people are stupid".
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlossanchez1980 View Post
This only will shed light uppon how hard is to make a krayt weapon with only a WS at hand and you'll never see one ingame. And i'm quoting just to inform, not flaming or anything.
I know plenty of people that only play crafters, there will be more then enough crafters to supply the server.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM

even though I don't want a wipe, I somewhat support it. I did just get to a point where I can start finding good items and I can actually DO my rumor (90k+ ham mobs are a pain). but if a wipe means better stability all around then lets go for it.
it wasn't too hard to get to the point where I am now. I think if I just don't worry about Jedi then I could probably get back there relatively soon.

~Neomancipator Snow~
Master Pistoleer - BH xx4x - Smuggler xx3x

~Rikken Stark~
Master Artisan - Novice Weaponsmith

~Sansa Stark~
Master Doctor
Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 AM

I vote for a full wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aogvortex View Post
I vote for a full wipe.
this + blue frogs

can wee bring back azironman to?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM

if theres ganna be a new jedi unlock method i support a full jedi wipe

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlossanchez1980 View Post
This only will shed light uppon how hard is to make a krayt weapon with only a WS at hand and you'll never see one ingame. And i'm quoting just to inform, not flaming or anything.
Is that a bad thing? I'd much rather have 1-2 super excellent special weapons over the entire server population than having them be the norm.

One character / account per person is fine by me as well, although a couple of characters each probably works better on a server like this.

Anyway, back on topic!

Oh, and to chip in on the main topic of the last few pages: OmgNo to blue frogs or any other crap like that. Grinding combat is trivial as it is, and while artisan is somewhat more time-consuming on a fresh server, at least you have the advantage of actually being able to make _useful_ stuff without being master. That newbie-made E11 is suddenly looking pretty good to the people grinding combat.

Last edited by Brilliance; 04-26-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Omg **** frogs.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheco View Post
I know plenty of people that only play crafters, there will be more then enough crafters to supply the server.
Exactly! I was a master Armorsmith,Artisan and merchant on live and it was pretty awesome.

Screen Shots or it DIDN'T happen!!!
Pesky W-EBELS!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 AM

you guys do realize simply wiping this server will not add any more stability. well perhaps it may but to do so would take away from important devtime. because there would have to be a code update. simply wiping and pushing restart wont do a goddamn thing
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM

It seem a majority of people voted "yes" because they just want to do whatever the developers want to do. Which doesn't help the actual voting at hand. It wasn't what YOU think they developers want, it's what ever YOU want on the test server.

If I'm wrong and the developers just want a wipe anyways, they should just do it, I agree with them, but on a personal note, I'm against a character wipe - I believe there is no reason on 'fixing' a server on death row as soon as the OR comes out.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post

If I'm wrong and the developers just want a wipe anyways, they should just do it, I agree with them, but on a personal note, I'm against a character wipe - I believe there is no reason on 'fixing' a server on death row as soon as the OR comes out.

wow what a friggin concept. ding ding ding we have a winner
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM

/wipe

DO IT!
Proton - Doc
Duckk - Rifles/TKM
Wrench -Artisan/Weaponsmith 11.4pt
Missed - Carbs/Ranger
Akami - Dancer/Musician/ID
Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
Is that a bad thing? I'd much rather have 1-2 super excellent special weapons over the entire server population than having them be the norm.

One character / account per person is fine by me as well, although a couple of characters each probably works better on a server like this.

Anyway, back on topic!
having only 1 character per server was my biggest gripe on live.
that being said, there is only 1 server here. so you then limit a person to only take 1 profession and stick with it. on live you had multiple servers. so, if you got bored grinding your crafter you could log in on another server and play something else to ease the monotony. if you're going to limit the number of characters a person has then limit it to 2.
in all actuality, this is a test server. so there shouldn't be those kinds of limitations until a RC (release candidate) is ready to be tested.

~Neomancipator Snow~
Master Pistoleer - BH xx4x - Smuggler xx3x

~Rikken Stark~
Master Artisan - Novice Weaponsmith

~Sansa Stark~
Master Doctor
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM

In my opinion, the purpose of the wipe is to test the stability and effectiveness of the items listed in the original post. Once these new items are implemented and hashed out, that is one less set of items that must be perfected prior to live release. Waiting until OR means likely longer testing and possibly further conceptualization AFTER OR. Implementing the wipe and the changes now is progress to a live server.

Last edited by hraka; 04-26-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: