SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonSteele View Post
For peeps saying that the Stand macro doesn't work, try this

call the macro Stand
/stand;
/macro Stand;

don't put a pause in it, or if you must, set the pause at 0.01. When I rubberband, I'll usually run this macro 4 to 6 times total, and i'm able to get anywhere I need to. I usually head to the nearest shuttleport and travel to another shuttle using the prone technique.

Hope that helps
Yes, this is what to do, I run it 5 times and it seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I think the thing is that you must be /stand'ing faster than the hack check is checking your movement speed.

Brought up on Rodia; the lust for destruction and war isn't lost on this human.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Spamming stand does indeed work. I haven't had much luck with the shuttle though.
I don't understand why logging in and out does not solve the problem? Whats so special about taking the shuttle?

Is the "rubberbanding box" saved together with your character when you log off?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Shuttle travel does seem to help, but thing have taken the turn to worse. What was once "Rubberbanding in a box" on just one toon, easily fixed with one shuttle travel is now "Rubberbanding in a box" and all 5 toons, FPS dropping to 1 or 2, classic rubberbanding and 3 to 4 shutle travels to fix it, only to get stuck again after using burstrun or shuttle again. And 487834 seconds lag doesn't help one bit.

But, its still a TC running a dead code that is not gonna be fixed (well except "anti hack" script), and its time for finals and holidays so we just have to be patient and wait for a "quick" fix or the OR.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM

I keep getting this problem all the time. In every instance, I have been able to fix it on my own except for one (which I finally went to a GM), using the shuttle travel.

The last one I got was real bad. But the way I finally fixed it (after trying the shuttle trick about 20 times) was travelling the shuttle prone, logging out (hard log and stayed off for about 15 mins) and logging in again. Problem solved. When it happens again (which I know it will) I will try this again to see if it fixes it.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM

also include turning off your /stand macro or any macro ur running when traveling by shuttle or cloner because your character will be operating these functions while ur still loading and in most cases cancels out ur quick rubber band fix so do a quick /dump right before u actually shuttle/clone
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 PM

in all logic it should just be removed

the anti speed hack does not work

and anyone speed hacking is just going to spam /stand
Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

In all logic it shouldn't. It is the only part of this code that is being tested and tweaked and will be used after the OR and when it goes live after that. Only way its gonna be tested and fixed this.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Just thought i'd put in my fixes

Thought i'd put my fixes:

Always:
stand macro with 1 sec pause activated over 25-30 times so i get an overload message. activating it more can lead to the game crashing.

Option 1:
Find someone/something to kill me
works 95% of the time
-IMO the fastest way, unless you get some idiot CM that puts a disease on you. which is completely unnecessary to kill someone, SO to all you cm's if someone asks you to kill them, just use poison, you should know if the target has damage disease does nothing, it only damages if the target is at full health.
And I am about to start enforcing a 30 second rule, if you cant drop me unbuffed in 30 sec i will pull out my best weapon on you. The whole point of this option is speed.
It takes up to 5 min+ run time while rubberbanding so around 10 min if the shuttle fix works the first time. it takes about 1 min to die and get to a cantina and another min to heal of the BF.

Option 2.
If i'm alone
fly between cities until it fixes. i have found prone doesn't do anything.
40% success rate.

overall: it seems all you have to do is reload the map and send a new position to the server so it will see you again. and the same things cause rubberbanding in a box.

Speculation:
it seems the ruberbanding is caused when the speedhack tool fails to see you because it is overloaded watching everyone else and making sure they are going the speed it thinks they should(lag much). the /stand macro's seem to hide you from the speedhack tool so you can get around. So my point is. If spaming /stand works now, isn't it a fatal flaw in the program(other than a unjustifiable number of people locked in place), so all someone has to do is spam stand when they are speedhacking, and the speedhack tool wont notice them?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelandrei View Post
Spamming stand does indeed work. I haven't had much luck with the shuttle though.
I don't understand why logging in and out does not solve the problem? Whats so special about taking the shuttle?

Is the "rubberbanding box" saved together with your character when you log off?
When you log out you are still in game for 30 sec, then the server saves your info for half an hour i believe. So you have to log off for a while. The glitch seems to happen when resend your location to the server, other than walk/running.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
Thought i'd put my fixes:
And I am about to start enforcing a 30 second rule, if you cant drop me unbuffed in 30 sec i will pull out my best weapon on you.
no good deed goes unpunished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
all someone has to do is spam stand when they are speedhacking, and the speedhack tool wont notice them?
This does seem like an interesting point that many people have brought up. If the /stand spam allows speedhackers to get around the anti-hack algorithm, then the current algorithm is void.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM

I am at the point where I would rather let the speed hackers do their thing. With all the lag, and rubber banding, and unstable server crashing every hour, this game is more of a headache then it's worth. It's still better then SOE, but that's not hard. If people need to hack to be better and feel good about themselves, then suicide may help them, but until they figure that out, I say let them go.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM

thank god for F2P games, they may be filled with lolkiddies that rely on CC for power but at least i dont have to deal with poorly coded knee jerk reactionary hack fixes.

GM of Clan Abyss, your friendly neighborhood Bounty Hunter PA on Darjani
"We hunt everything: Jedi to Rebels. Imperials to Commandos, Non-Coms to more Non-Coms...ESPECIALLY the Non-Coms"

http://www.darjani.org/
Old 12-11-2009, 02:26 PM

well ... ummm ... i tested this for a few months ... and liek .... its in open beta now ....
http://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/
you can always do this lulz

Don't Click Here
Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 PM

Its quiet a problem. I'm new here an had like 2 characters with this problem...and the main problem for me is I have WAY to less money to always buy a shuttle.
There has to be an easier way and especially for newer people a cheaper too. Had to redo like 2 Characters till I finally noticed it is a normal problem then searched little bit and found this here so its basicly a solution for anti-hack? Then I gotta say it failed little bit this stand spamming does indeed work and for me I had no problem to get around with buttonmashing stand...my poor F1 key
greetings
Ice
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceitachi View Post
...this stand spamming does indeed work and for me I had no problem to get around with buttonmashing stand...my poor F1 key
You need a stand macro:

/stand;
/pause .5;
/macro standmacro

You can adjust the pause to be anything, I personally set it at .1 seconds, and run it about 5 or 6 times. I works well.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: