SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Retired Game Master

This is wonderful progress. This project is growing in leaps and strides. I say when this is all over with and the official launch is in sight - we send the devs kegs to party with or at least gift certificates to go party one night on the town.

LOL

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 06-17-2008, 02:48 PM

now that is one hell of an update.!!! GJ all !
Old 06-17-2008, 04:06 PM

Lovely news guys, keep it up.

------------------------------------
I just cannot understand why people actually bother posting if they're only going to say FIRST, SECOND, THIRD(you catch my drift..). I mean, where is the feedback? Are you all so sad that you have to keep refreshing every 2 weeks at 00:00am to be first to get the first, meaningless post? Don't bother posting if that's the only reason you do post.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM

Kashyyyk, what will we need software wise to access that?

I thought we just needed the SWG: Empire Divided and Jump to Light speed from the FAQ.

-

UPDATE: Found my answer: http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread....yyk#post198626

Last edited by aixelsyd; 06-17-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Found the answer - wanted to update it
Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Web Developer

Red face

Uber!

[IMG]http://wmcc.su/userbar.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
LAST
wow

Yo homie, is that my briefcase?
Solace Effect Band
mothernature just pissed her pantsuit!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 PM

Here's some more Kashyyyk goodies for you to feast upon:

The beginnings of Kachiro Outpost!

Special thanks to Synter for helping me with the buildings with cells in them!

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Retired Game Master

Sweet, great job Valkyra and Synter. I can't tell you how much your work has impressed me.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 PM

Great work as always everyone
Old 06-18-2008, 12:51 AM

why work on kashyykk when it was a CU expansion?? it was a ****ty planet to begin with, go do some other things that would be better suited for your time.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
why work on kashyykk when it was a CU expansion?? it was a ****ty planet to begin with, go do some other things that would be better suited for your time.
Despite this being my first post, and thus a provirbial nub to the forums ( and SWGEmu as a whole, only been on for a week. ) I must generally agree, in less extreme terms.

While my opinion may mean so very little, I fail to understand why one coder, who is obviously good at what he does, is busting ass on Kashyyyk, when half the professions still have kinks, alot of items themselves are hardly implimented, and there are various bugs ( unknown if they are reported, things such as creatures hyperspeeding over to you, or a melee combatant dealing damage despite a distance of 15m. ) that still need worked out.

No, I'm not bashing. The work done is great. I'm very grateful, but it is in my opinion that some of the work can be made toward other areas, such as the implication of ( Oh lord, that dreaded word; Jedi ) and other professions, such as Creature Handler, Politician, Designers and Smiths.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Why don't you build a new planet for us to bring more content in the game.

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 06-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Retired Game Master

To our client team: Good job guys. Look forward to running the wookie outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Remedi View Post

No, I'm not bashing. The work done is great. I'm very grateful, but it is in my opinion that some of the work can be made toward other areas, such as the implication of ( Oh lord, that dreaded word; Jedi ) and other professions, such as Creature Handler, Politician, Designers and Smiths.

Please do a search before you post. At least read all the stickies i the different main forums. A thread discussing this is here. I don't mean this to sound harsh but this has been covered as to why we have two teams, the development team and the client team. The above modification is done by our client team who do not code. Their skills lie in other areas than code so they specialize in modifying the client.

---------------------------------

To anyone who feels the need to be impatient and rude to our client team for not contributing code - by all means, feel free to go learn C++, Eclipse, etc etc and help us finish this game!

To anyone who feels the need to demand our client team work on something else besides what they are - by all means, feel free to learn meshes and so forth and work with the client team to make additional mods!

For anyone who doesn't want to do either of those, the profession reps still need help with tons of research. This is often internet searches and just plain data gathering.

If your complaining and not doing anything to actively contribute, expect to get ignored or at least not a positive reply. BTW, contributing tons to the future ideas and out of topic is nice but does very little to furthering the progress of the basic game right now.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 06-18-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Splinter, Dorian, and all the others that post without reading. Please, for your own sake, try a little harder. This question has been answered in THIS VERY THREAD yet you fail to see that and again post these comments.

You're only going to draw the ire of the community.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:21 AM

nvm, i understand now.

Last edited by Splinter; 06-18-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: