SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 AM

dam i thought we were getting an update as this thread was on the main page lol

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE

I believe in keeping things simple....
Old 08-09-2009, 08:05 AM

nicee.

Thanks for clearing things up sperm... still not exactly extensive though we want to know more.

Last edited by Joshino; 08-09-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 AM

just so you all know i haven't had an affair with anyone and if i did i'm still denyin it. So this is as current as i'm willing to get with my current affairs

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 08-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshino View Post
nicee.

Thanks for clearing things up sperm... still not exactly extensive though we want to know more.
Sperm? mt? i hope.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM

I had to reformat my system, so I do not currently have SWGEmu set up. Has this wipe taken place yet, or was this thread simply made to make it look like actions were being taken against the persons in question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

No, no wipe yet. I think OR is close and they are just waiting for that before they wipe the server.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
though we want to know more.
Yes...MOOOOOOAAAAAAAR!

Kakll [Pre CU/Post CU]
Teris Kasi Master
Master Rifleman
Master Creature Handler
Master Scout

Youtube - candlesinadaze
Old 08-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
No, no wipe yet. I think OR is close and they are just waiting for that before they wipe the server.
So, basically, this is just an unnecessary thread made to give people something to hope for, and for the Staff Team to, once more, cover their own asses.

Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. I do care, however about useless threads being made on the Forums that do nothing more than take up space, deceive people, or take up player's time.

There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. Stop wasting our time, and telling us information that we either already know, or simply don't care about anymore.

I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums, and announce things that aren't going to take place, or if there are issues with said events which set back their ETA, then let us know. Announcing a wipe two weeks prior to... nothing happening, is a bit of a pre-announcement.

It isn't my place to tell Staff members how to operate, but in my opinion, Forum rules need to abided by everyone, not just regular forum members. There is no need to pound one fact into our heads as many times as possible, nor is there any need to get people's hopes up, only to let them down, without any explanation. All this does is cause confusion, and even more questions amongst the forum members, therefore hassling moderators even more so, taking away from your valuable time that you could be using to do something much more productive than answering questions that have been answered over, and over again.

Updating a thread that already has this information in it would be much easier, and much more accessible than making a whole new thread about it. Now, instead of people using the thread that already exists about these issues, people are going to use both threads, some getting different answers than others, and some, if not most of the answers they get aren't even going to be correct. So, now you have a cluttered forum, with shady information at best.

People wonder why others are always making new threads about the same thing. This is probably the greatest example. I could use the search function for some random fact that I wish to read up on, and get six different threads that give me little-to-no, or even misleading information about it.

Some may consider this a rant, and say "whoa man, calm down, it's just the interwebz." but I personally think this is very constructive criticism on a very pertinent issue.
Quote:
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

STAFF doesn't give stuff to players, and they have no need to cover their asses. They are doing a great job while sacrificing their own free time for our amusement. A little respect is in order.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
STAFF doesn't give stuff to players and they have no need to cover their asses. They are doing a great job while sacrificing their own free time for our amusement. A little respect is in order.
Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. || There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. || ...I personally think this is very constructive criticism on a very pertinent issue.

I don't know how well you are at reading comprehension, but the mass majority of well read members could clearly see that at no point did I accuse anyone, especially staff members of doing anything even remotely close to giving anything out to anyone.

They would also be able to very clearly see that I was entirely respectful. Criticism is part of Life, if you can't handle it, then go die, you won't be missed.

Now, if you'd please stop trolling these forums, and stop trying to squeeze your nose so very far up the various staff's anuses, it would be better for everyone. Staff members don't need you to come to their defense, they are more than capable of banning me if they think I have been out of line, when talking about them.

Now run along, and warm up your bottle, it's nap time.
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Services Manager

The wipe will be happening, but we're waiting for one or two more patches to be done first.

Also, if you see a staff member breaking rules or acting in a manner not benefiting the project, feel free to PM me.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
The wipe will be happening, but we're waiting for one or two more patches to be done first.

Also, if you see a staff member breaking rules or acting in a manner not benefiting the project, feel free to PM me.
any hints on what the updates will contain/fix?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
oh i'm sure nothing to big just little stuff maybe like possible jedi trainers, tef system, bh terminals, player bounties who knows its all up in the air. But i'm takin a break from getting on for abit til everything is wiped and we start over. will be alot more testing to do then cause i really don't like crafting to much accept for architect and cant do much of that right now.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Services Manager

Quote:
The NGE.

Just kidding.
There will be a few fixes, and I believe that /addignore will also have been added, allowing you to block people who're annoying or harassing you.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
The NGE.

Just kidding.
There will be a few fixes, and I believe that /addignore will also have been added, allowing you to block people who're annoying or harassing you.
*gasp* Thank you!! /addignore is much needed in theed...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: