SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
There fixed it for you.
It was fine to begin with, get out of my head AAaaaaAaaaAAaahhhhh

ps: I'm confused as to why people got the impression i was "raging" all over this thread about ashur? I wasn't angry, I simply feel you can't act the way he, or his guild, did by breaking rules and get away with it. Regardless if it's a testcenter or not, he broke the rules set in place by the staff for the testcenter. How was I in the wrong here?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
ps: I'm confused as to why people got the impression i was "raging" all over this thread about ashur? I wasn't angry, I simply feel you can't act the way he, or his guild, did by breaking rules and get away with it. Regardless if it's a testcenter or not, he broke the rules set in place by the staff for the testcenter. How was I in the wrong here?
Because u dont understand WHY they (the staff) did it.

To say it again, its right: Its wrong what Ashur and the others did. And i dont like him too for what he did.
But they got him to the staff to help prevent hacks like this, in the future.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegis View Post
Because u dont understand WHY they (the staff) did it.

To say it again, its right: Its wrong what Ashur and the others did. And i dont like him too for what he did.
But they got him to HELP the staff to help prevent hacks like this, in the future.
Fixed that for you. He is not Staff, and the volunteer Exploit Team are not Staff.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM

From my understanding(seems like I never really know whats going on here[farmer john told me lots of stuff that I've never heard about again]) he didn't hack anything, he ran a program someone else designed, so how is he going to be an asset when he can't even write his own childish(teenage) script hacks so he can be teh coolio?

I mean, for real, have any of you guys even dealt with these storm asstards in game? They are worthless, ALL and ANY who want to be part of that guild.
If he, or another storm person, ever tried to tell me to do something as part of the staff, I would logout and never come back. I am 27 years old, I no longer have the time for a game being overrun by teenage angst *******s like storm.

Although the new updates have brought me back to play, I was gone for months, as having the main goal of the game dueling in theed isn't conducive, imo, to getting anything accomplished as far as testing, but the new updates give it meaning.

What I'm trying to say is, I KNOW with all my brainpower that there is a much more qualified person out there who would love to help, but nobody asked, they did it behind close doors and chose a storm member? F'real?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 AM

What other 3rd parties are people using other than old third party crafting macro and speedhack? As someone said, can't it be googled or youtubed and be done with. 3 month ban and a commendation for "service" is kind of just rough on the community. To give the guy carte blanche to keep on exploiting though is just lunacy. Can't you just make an unreadable forum where people can enter data about old exploits and hacks they remember, and come across in game? Something like the bug reporter forum, but concerned only with hacks and only visible to staff.

All that is going to happen is storm v2. Nothing has changed. Ashur is just going to regrind a jedi in the jabba cave with the crazy xp and we will have to go through this drama all over again.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 AM

wow...37 pages?!

I can see how people might feel confused and angry that the Devs went from zero tolerence to employing hackers to find exploits....But really, you guys don't think that these 'born again' hackers are not on a short leash? Really? Thier conduct and actions will be closely monitored. And yes....there will inevitably a few that will think they are smarter then the devs and try to do the same crap again....Only justifiing thier perma-ban. This new exploit team is going to be carefully watched.......as well as any code they submit will be carefully watched....Have some faith people.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:49 AM

^ I think people have faith in the devs. Imho, I just think the community feels that they could report bugs and exploits better than the "a-team" of exploiters. Thus the outrage. I would say the majority of the community is here to honestly test/report/have fun. The "a-team" previously was here to use old 3rd party programs and have fun. No reporting or testing involved, or reported after they had already reaped the benefits from their gains. I would wager that ashur and storm haven't told them everything, and probably never will.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karric_ View Post
wow...37 pages?!

I can see how people might feel confused and angry that the Devs went from zero tolerence to employing hackers to find exploits....But really, you guys don't think that these 'born again' hackers are not on a short leash? Really? Thier conduct and actions will be closely monitored. And yes....there will inevitably a few that will think they are smarter then the devs and try to do the same crap again....Only justifiing thier perma-ban. This new exploit team is going to be carefully watched.......as well as any code they submit will be carefully watched....Have some faith people.

They won't be committing code.

They won't have access to any code that the rest of this entire community doesn't have access to.

They will not have staff permissions.

They will be on a short leash, and we encourage players to report them regularly.

We are simply encouraging exploiting as long as it is not abused.

You abuse it, see you in three months. Abuse it again, see you never.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 AM

Let see how that get's spin'd into more mis-info to fan false flames.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6UdNwqPkhA

I think it's hilariously appropriate
Old 10-21-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You abuse it, see you in three months. Abuse it again, see you never.
Nice words but I've just seen Ashur IG yesterday...isnt that guy who used speedhack?

Someone told me your are IRL friend...and what I remember he is the first guy who unlocked jedi...

Can you tell us more about that?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xender View Post
Nice words but I've just seen Ashur IG yesterday...isnt that guy who used speedhack?

Someone told me your are IRL friend...and what I remember he is the first guy who unlocked jedi...

Can you tell us more about that?
A screen shot would be nice.

And i see you have been with us for a long, long time, so you know much about this project its community and developers.

I'm so glad that someone of your expertise decided to question and criticize a person of little or no importance like cRush. After all he is just one of the Developers.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Can you please formalize and document the procedures for testing and reporting vulnerabilities, as that part is currently still not clear to me.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 AM

its amazing the amount of bull**** this thread is producing
Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
its amazing the amount of bull**** this thread is producing
Unfortunately its spilling over into other threads now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymerej View Post
In 2009, a crack Hacker unit was banned by a Community forum court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security ban to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the gdevelopers, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The h(A)ck-Team.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: