SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 AM

I say wipe it.

Just when ya do, make sure you fix the intentional known/possible dupes, as well as some generaly odd bugs, like toons who load up with someone else's clothing on, from a different account. Only to watch it disapear the next restart, or consumables which seem to bounce back to characters who traded it away, once again after a restart. Or how about tiny little creatures. (I tend to find that amusing though)

Fixing things seem odd because the Devs have stated over and over again this code wont be overhauled and fixed because its basically dead code, especially with the OR on its way.

BUT - Please do wipe this WITH fixes, and itll be worth it.

As for people crying about paying for training or it being hard to grind up ANY combat toon... COME ON. Only the crafters have a legitimate ***** with having to wait for resource spawns, but hey we dealt with SOE, and they didnt even give us a chance to vote on it.

Kudo's to the guys running this, its fun as hell, but please clean it up a bit when ya wipe.

-B
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Ok on the pics. Totally understand.

But why cease discussing the pros and cons of adding BLUE FROGS?
Because that is not the topic of discussion right now.

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 AM

Nowwhere does it say in the first post that they would add blue frogs after the wipe. Blue frogs doesn't appear to be up for discussion. Wether to wipe a test server that will have to be wiped again in the near future is the topic.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheco View Post
You would be grinding while waiting for resources, or would you rather get master in a day and wait doing nothing?
I voted yes and i have jedi char by the way, but if you want to stay grinding for a week or more to make us good armors or weapons be my guest.
oh and about master in a day and wait doing nothing so no point of making master at all.

Last edited by salem; 04-26-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
Because that is not the topic of discussion right now.

I think it is very relevant to discuss pros and cons of adding BLUE FROGS if there is a wipe. I know I'm not the only one.

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 AM

I propose that Mahonra be banned from the forums for 1 day for posting a Ke$ha video!
(Bria Vet)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 AM

if they are going to "revise" the unlock system wouldn't it be wise....for future OR testing.... to put in the original holo system if that is whats going to be used in vanilla unless its the village system which would entail god knows how many npc missions quests etc etc... rather than goin with something like the current system which won't even be in live?

Just wondering cause if you hammer out say the old hologrind system or makeshift village missions for now wouldn't that go along way towards finishing one aspect of the old game instead of putting something totally different into the works?

Sure everyone might know the old systems well but doing either the hologrind or makeshift village system would be something building towards the endcoding rather than having to totally rewrite the unlock code every few wipes to keep people guessing....sure its fun to figure out each new system but if its going to prolong the end result i'd say keep it as is or go back to what it originally was.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

One of the stupidest things STAFF can do right now is to bringing Blue Frogs back, other would be removing Jedi completely.

And two are linked together. One you put Frogs back in the whole Jedi system stops working since profession grind is removed form the equation, economy ceases to exist because of frog equipment, and community goes bye, buy.

Blue frogs = Everyone is a Jedi, which no one will allow to happen, or Blue Frog = Jedi removed, which means only 100 instance logged on NOVA instead of +1k (like we had last summer).

So lets just drop this idiocy and get back on topic.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 AM

From the sounds of it a wipe will allow the tester to fix a few bugs that can't be fixed because of toons currently in game and potential inventory stuff.

It is a test server. Things can only get better post-wipe. Long as it's being done to make the project go forward, game on.

Some of my favorite quotes are one-liners.

Character I Play:
Praxian
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
One of the stupidest things STAFF can do right now is to bringing Blue Frogs back, other would be removing Jedi completely.

And two are linked together. One you put Frogs back in the whole Jedi system stops working since profession grind is removed form the equation, economy ceases to exist because of frog equipment, and community goes bye, buy.

Blue frogs = Everyone is a Jedi, which no one will allow to happen, or Blue Frog = Jedi removed, which means only 100 instance logged on NOVA instead of +1k (like we had last summer).

So lets just drop this idiocy and get back on topic.

im sure the staff said there would be a different unlock system, so it does not matter.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem View Post
I voted yes and i have jedi char by the way, but if you want to stay grinding for a week or more to make us good armors or weapons be my guest..
oh and about master in a day and wait doing nothing so no point of making master at all.
I think you are forgetting that you can't make anything good until the right resourses spawn, so grinding is the only real think you can do.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheco View Post
I think you are forgetting that you can't make anything good until the right resourses spawn, so grinding is the only real think you can do.
Do some people actually grind crafting profs for fun? Like do some people really enjoy grinding crafting xp?

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM

Voted
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM

Has it been stated when this Poll will conclude? I thought I heard a week but I quickly skimmed the first few pages and missed any dates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous
It's a stealth nerf. It's like the CU all over again!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM

Do some people actually grind crafting profs for fun? Like do some people really enjoy grinding crafting xp?

in live i ground out AS WS DE master artisan on my main toon for fun then dropped them for TKM and master ranger bought 2 more accounts and re ground out all the crafting proffs on them
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: