SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Take a second and re-read the posts after the OP in the poll thread. The immaturity of the community was brought out in full color; the called off poll was a respectable decision and I am glad the Dev team is willing to accept the flames for giving into this fiasco.

Props to the devs and +1 internets.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM

That wasn't the only poll. You had multiple polls which all indicated that the majority wanted a wipe. If you're going to ignore the community why bother even having polls in the first place?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roocey View Post
Wasn't expecting the QQ explosion. But eh, I guess that's how it is. I'm sure those of us who actually don't mind are busy playing or surfing the boards when we should be working!
SWG has always had a huge vocal community. In the end, wipe or not wipe. The community is still damaged. Guess the developers have to go to damage control now.

Thank you. I actually voted yes (without frogs) but after continuing to follow the thread regarding the poll, I actually wished I had voted no. I am glad you made this decision. There were just too many questions about the integrity of the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshino View Post
Then why won't you duel me?
cuz u scare me guy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica View Post
OH. That reminds me of that really old joke: I can't go see Brokeback Mountain for the same reason I can't go see horror movies. I'm afraid in the middle I'll jump up, and shout,"LOOK OUT! HE'S BEHIND YOU!"
lmfao xD

The Devs ask our opinion and they are greeted with extremely childish behavior.. Thank you Devs for attempting to ask our mature opinions and my apologies that you received so few of them and that what did occur was a travesty.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM

I didn't know there was an electoral college for the Emu.

It was like 75%/25%, then the new accounts started being made and the "no"s start to go up. The dupers duped so they could win again.

/facepalm for encouraging them

TayTay May
Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.
Tough call either way, at least the wipe for the OR isn't that far away....one hopes! That's the wipe I really look forward to!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Tbh tho this will do the most damage to the community /facepalm.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM

I appreciate the time devs spent listening to our concerns and cant blame them for this even though i voted yes. What really is a big problem is the communities attitude, we got to this point because some people feel the need to cheat in the game and who dont care about the health of the game. When everyone is given an option as to whether they feel that they want a wipe. Some douchebags start effectively exploiting the voting system so that their view is the one that ends up being taken whether the majority agree with them or not. Without a statistic of how many votes were for/against by accounts of say < 2 days we cannot know whether these people were trying to get the wipe instigated or aborted but whichever it was they are just as much a disgrace as the dupers that got us here in the first place.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:34 PM

lol

that is all

Why didnt they just make a poll that none of the kiddies could QQ in?! A regular poll without anything else!

Is there any way to remove your account?

Infinity-europe forum troll

let the Duping Continue!

Who wants to buy my holo for 100 mil?

Last edited by Valdosemu; 04-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:42 PM

"3. We will only wipe if there is a 66% majority to wipe."
"If the outcome is that 66% or greater votes to wipe, we will wipe the server."

Well, everyone know that the result was 66.36% for wipe when the poll was closed.

Nevertheless, as a new player, this whole mess seemed rather pointless and stupid. Why to put such poll(s), if you are not even gonna stick with them? I would had been happy as things are right now, no wipe etc, heck, I don't even know how bugged the whole economy and all the other stuff are.

Personally I voted for the wipe without any freaking frogs. Now this just leaves bad taste about how things are being handled; give false hopes and then go like this. It's like promising kid he can have money when he does his homework and then when it's done, you say, "sorry, I started to think that you'd only buy candies with those money, so no money for you".

I cannot really comment how things were and are, this is just how I see it by new player's eyes. And I thought the rules were strict on the poll, but I guess I was mistaken. Hopefully things will be different in the future.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:42 PM

huh, well....i thought there was more than 66% for yes...be consistent then and wipe i'd say!

guess i don't have much right to speak since i only started a few days ago, but i really hate trying to lvl up and make money with all this inflation and duped items ppl alrdy have...kinda sux tbh
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: