SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Can someone explain the "heightmap stuff"?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Ultyma if u could pm me and tell me what my friend needs to know ill try to get him on the team...I know he knows coding...pretty sure C++.....but yah get back to I may have somebody who can help u guys

When there children around there only one thing to do...
Get some water and wait for the flaming to begin
Old 11-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Can someone explain the "heightmap stuff"?
Clicky

FYI Google is your friend.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 AM

Thanks, though I could have found that - I simply meant how it relates to SWGEmu.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Ultyma if u could pm me and tell me what my friend needs to know ill try to get him on the team...I know he knows coding...pretty sure C++.....but yah get back to I may have somebody who can help u guys
we are going to post soon what an ideal candidate should know, however you can still tell your friend to PM his resume to all the devs here, as it was mentioned in Ulty's post.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:17 PM

So what this update is saying is that they are going to set up a server in which we can actually play and start grinding before the release?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADAJ1289 View Post
So what this update is saying is that they are going to set up a server in which we can actually play and start grinding before the release?
No, this update is saying that SWGEMU is completed and they are releasing the server code....ZOMGZ....

But no what this is saying is that they are open-sourcing the Core3 code Wich people can then use to test and implement things if they know how. then if you get something working like lets say....umm.....Bazzars? yeah bazzars you can submit the code and a SWGEMU dev will test it out and see if it actually does work then will impliment it for testing....Right?.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
But no what this is saying is that they are open-sourcing the Core3 code Wich people can then use to test and implement things if they know how. then if you get something working like lets say....umm.....Bazzars? yeah bazzars you can submit the code and a SWGEMU dev will test it out and see if it actually does work then will impliment it for testing....Right?.
Correct Give that man a cigar.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 PM

like everyone else here, im a bit discourged with the obvious lack of progress, things being said and then not followed up. that being said, there is obviously things goin on behind the scenes, and although i would have prefered to see this project stay closed source, i think it will definatly help the progress. when core1 went closed source, ok it caused more problems than it solved, but it still solved some problems, not long after core1 went open, combat was done, many of the features used in core 3, im sure where contributed in core1 svn.

im sure not many ppl r gonna read that since i myself just glance over the posts, but bottom line, im all for any changes that will speed this project up, u guys have done an amazing job so far so im sure we will all have precu back in no time.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the update info Devs.
I hope this decision will help everybody out.

*Nezom Lonanto
*Master Commando
*Imperial
*Bloodfin

Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 PM

It's time to have some fun.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Retired Game Master

Great update, thanks for all the hard work.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applecorc View Post
Correct Give that man a cigar.
That technology has yet be implemented into Core 3.
We can only give cookies as an Imperial faction perk
Old 11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkyman587 View Post
It is not hard to see why interest has fallen. Every one of my friends who has come here to learn more has been met with generally stuck-up behavior. Questions such as.. what can I do, when is it ready, can I test whats there? are met with "ZOMG!!! DIDNT YOU READ STICKY 5 PAGE 14!!!!?" I have no idea what an IRC channel is, I just hop on a computer, keep my hardware up to date, and play games as they come out... SWG being one of the best games/communities I have ever seen. I figured this project would exemplify that quality of people, but not from what I have seen. I check back every other month or so, just to see if anything has been done. My friends now do the same, because we were all scared off by people who figured we should have known every detail from the start. I know a lot of effort has been put into this project, but by the time its all over, even the real SWG will have a larger following and more loyal fan base than this.
I agree with parts of this, and I disagree with others. The fan base for the emu is somewhat dormant I think. I do agree with you about the general animosity to new players who appear for this project and are curious. When I found out about the emu, I was BLOWN AWAY. And I definitely picked up on the feeling that I was only welcome if I've read every single page and post of the forums. It was like "Welcome to SWGEmu! Now DONT TALK FOR 2 WEEKS!" lol This attitude does not help players feel like they are welcome. Thankfully I don't really care if people flame me, I just do my own thing.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:14 PM

thanks for the update,

yeah forum is kinda slow, but that doesnt matter as long as people are still intrested in this emu or one of the other ones,

the point of all this is to get our game back, and i know alot of people currently playing other games, waiting for emu to finish!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: