SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
I'd love to donate but I have no credit card...
I'm really confused right now...
old post was necro'd from last year. old news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
Words
they owe you nothing. go away if it bothers you that much. you don't seem to get it yet.

They're doing this on their own time, for free, because they want to.

If they never commit another line of code ever, they will still not owe you nor anyone else anything at all ever.

If you're so bitter, and feel you're entitled to anything, go whine to sony and play their game.

Also, this thread is so ancient, it ought to be locked already.

edit: the only release date they're locked into for anything is exactly when they feel like its ready and when they want to do anything more with it.

Myxxie Eosad - Bria - TKm/Artisan/Dancer
Myxxie Eosad - Starsider - Dancer/Tkm/Bh

Last edited by Tiana; 10-14-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Vlada, blow the devs much?

Your posts in support of the Grand Father Time paced develeopment here earn you extra XP or Holocron unlocks? I mean, some of the people waiting here have probably spent a tenth of their life waiting, at least, waiting for this EMU to roll. I mean - Lucas has two other games pending since SOE folded and punted post-CU.

If it goes on and on and on - it'll wind up like Ultima Online, some sparse shards with a 300 player at keys pop. During peak!

These guys should pull their sh!t together and bang out the Object Restructure or w/e Cap and Trade, Stimulus title they have given the newest "holding pattern".

If I'm not speaking for your views - then I am certainly vocalizing on behalf of a minority - a submissive minority, who are fed up with waiting for promised goods yet to be delivered.

p.s. I mushroom slapped your cake, enjoy.
The dev's are working on this in their spare time, for us, for FREE and all you can do is moan it isnt coming quick enough, they are doing their best, things like this dont happen overnight, it takes time and effort.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
If I'm not speaking for your views - then I am certainly vocalizing on behalf of a minority - a submissive minority, who are fed up with waiting for promised goods yet to be delivered.
Oh no, the oppressed minority is suffering because of the evil devs. Whatever shall we do.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 PM

thanks for the update.. cant wait until sun crusher comes!

Only a Sith Deals in Absolutes, I'll Do what i must
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Very observant crowd. ;-)

I've been waiting patiently for a long time. I'm STILL excited and hope for a timely release. I'll just play on Nova for the time being!

*wonders what other OLD posts can be brought back* :-P
Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Stupid.

THIS IS A YEAR OLD.

They thought they'd be done w all this a year ago, thereabouts.

Get ready for more donor drives as we wait for the Never Ending Story to conclude.

You guys need to seriously finish this already. First quarter of 2009?

I'll check back in 2012... maybe we'll still be using desktops by the time this game is finished...

Lazy undergrads.
Your the guy who got banned for being a pain aint you?

And made those youtube movies

"It's a dirty job but I figure someone has to get rich doing it, and one way or the other, that someone is going to be me."
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM

We all want to play SWG. We all want it to be done ASAP.

We dont want to hear people whining about how long it is taking, if it is taking too long, make your own emu or stfu.

/thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread
Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 AM

sorry but /open thread
Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Vlada, blow the devs much?

Your posts in support of the Grand Father Time paced develeopment here earn you extra XP or Holocron unlocks? I mean, some of the people waiting here have probably spent a tenth of their life waiting, at least, waiting for this EMU to roll. I mean - Lucas has two other games pending since SOE folded and punted post-CU.

If it goes on and on and on - it'll wind up like Ultima Online, some sparse shards with a 300 player at keys pop. During peak!

These guys should pull their sh!t together and bang out the Object Restructure or w/e Cap and Trade, Stimulus title they have given the newest "holding pattern".

p.s. I mushroom slapped your cake, enjoy.

Obvious troll is obvious.

GDFO

sorry about that now /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread /thread
Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM

I'm dumb
Old 10-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Dammit..why did you have to necro this? I saw this come up and got all starry-eyed for a few moments until I noticed the date on the post. I sw this and thought 'YAY the OR is done, and SunCrusher is coming'..but nope..
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM

going to be able some quest to do?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

Where the did I just wander into?

I'm crawling out of this ****hole.

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 PM

Ok Im not supporting leoten whats so ever, but I have to say this. He isn't whining or moaning he is just stating facts. You guys r all being super supportive and i think that is really cool, but you got to remember this is the real world. People get fed up, and even you precious FanBoys will throw in the towel, so all I am saying is Leoten speaks some truths. They need to get done soon or all this hard work will be for nothing. Especially with that new really cool star wars game coming out "The Old Republic".
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM

As miffed as I was when SunCrusher never came around I have to say anyone complaining about how long this game is taking is completely ignorant as to how difficult coding is. A game of this magnitude, especially an MMO takes years for entire companies to produce.

The original SWG took SOE's development team, at least three years to complete, that is to say from the date the game was announced on march 16th, 2000 until release. It may have taken longer. Now I don't know how many developers are working on the emu but I promise you there was a hell of a lot more people on the original game.

So, you know, shut up? This is the first time I've checked SWGEMU in 7 months and I probably wont check again until next summer. Find yourself something to do in the mean time those of us who loved the magic of SWGEMU will be here when its done no matter how long it takes, especially since TOR is striving for a different style of play then SWG.

TL;DR: Coding is ****ing hard, shut the hell up.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: