SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 PM

Am very new here. Only found out about this by chance while trolling around google. Have had a smile on my face ever since. Have been reading a fair share of the threads here, both good and bad, and there are some great ideas out there.

One thing I would love to see here as and when applicable, is for the folks who will be running the servers, set up their own threads and/or independent pages/sites, for their specific server. Then we can get a feel for what direction each of them wants to take in principal, then apply ourselves to whichever one or many that we will consider playing on. Instead of what seems so far to be a very jumbled set of ideas and conflict of those ideas

If this or something near on identical is already running please do excuse my ignorance
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 PM

I read the forums everyday. I don't, however, usually make any posts, because 90% of what I read on the forums are people getting trashed for asking a question.

That being said, I've told the half dozen people that used to be in my guild about the emulator, and all of them are excited to play. All we are going to look for is a stable server with a healthy population. Our biggest complaint about the old days was the lack of usable rewards we got from doing faction quests, and that we always wanted to be able to create our own missions in the mission terminals, be it collection of resources missions, or offering a bounty on someone.

thanks for listening
Old 03-30-2007, 12:38 AM

I don't say anything cuz when i do i get flamed.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iovid View Post
I have to agree with Anakis and I do understand why people who don't think before they speak get flamed or banned. I have tried not to meddle in the affairs of the developers so I wont slow them down but if there is anything that I can actually help with I am always more than willing and I wish there was more I could do.
I'm in the same boat as Iovid. I did once exchange a pair of messages with Bracketh, asking if I could help on a research project in live which hadn't received any new posts in a couple of months. The response was friendly, but he said "hang out on IRC, that's where things happen." Well, having spent time hanging out on IRC, not much happens there honestly excepting during guided testing. I guess the idea was so the devs could get a sense of who folks are, but most of the conversation in the IRC channel is pointless and not really useful to see how well someone would follow through on assisting the team. And personally, when the choice is spending my time deciphering the grammar on IRC or working on my PhD, I've got to choose the latter.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 PM

I'm gonna have to chime in with the people who dont post due to flameage. I've just been reading dailey and keeping updated, but not posting due to not wanting to make waves.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker17 View Post
I read the forums everyday. I don't, however, usually make any posts, because 90% of what I read on the forums are people getting trashed for asking a question.
That's very true. I try to stay out of discussions for fear of the wrath of closing my thread or getting flamed for asking a "silly question."

There have been times when I looked around for the answer to a question and couldn't find it without digging around. I didn't want to ask anyone so I kept digging and, yes, finally found what I needed without posting. However, that sort of environment encourages people not to post for fear of The Flame.

I'll admit, I haven't read but the first couple of pages of this thread and don't know if it this was addressed later on here. But it seems that there are much fewer "THREAD CLOSED - READ THE FAQ" threads in the list of discussions, so maybe the board is friendlier now since this was brought up.

I just want my REAL SWG again! I can't wait for this thing to get running fulltime!

BTW, how do I log into SWGEMU? (joke )
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM

One thing that I thought would be fun and informative would be a guided chat like what they used to have at Stratics at the beginning of swg. where moderated questions by smusatto or one of the other admins would be posed to the devs. as long as it is controlled, it could be great. anything you don't want to answer can be ignored, etc.

just a thought
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiwan View Post
Am very new here. Only found out about this by chance while trolling around google. Have had a smile on my face ever since. Have been reading a fair share of the threads here, both good and bad, and there are some great ideas out there.

One thing I would love to see here as and when applicable, is for the folks who will be running the servers, set up their own threads and/or independent pages/sites, for their specific server. Then we can get a feel for what direction each of them wants to take in principal, then apply ourselves to whichever one or many that we will consider playing on. Instead of what seems so far to be a very jumbled set of ideas and conflict of those ideas

If this or something near on identical is already running please do excuse my ignorance
no need to apologize for ignorance on that subject. there was a servers list, but it was taken down since core3 is only on the swgemu TC and any other site/server is running the unstable modded core 1. a list of some of the servers/sites out there are at http://www.swgemuservers.com/.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILJUDE View Post
no need to apologize for ignorance on that subject. there was a servers list, but it was taken down since core3 is only on the swgemu TC and any other site/server is running the unstable modded core 1. a list of some of the servers/sites out there are at http://www.swgemuservers.com/.
Cool thank you for the link, have registered back with Chimeara.

Am unsure whether am standing with my original stance or not. The impression from what reading I have done, is that the aim is to get the game live, with content as it was 12.1, and that any other content, would be added and or taken away by the host of each server. Hence my thought of shouldn't all ideas be relevant to a specific server, not to Beta, if Beta, scripting, code etc (like I know what those words mean lol), is purely directed at getting ready for launch with 12.1 as was.

Again please excuse ignorance if I am of the mark here.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 AM

personally i wouldnt get mad at the community ramsey. First website we had the community was insanely involved in my opinion then like some people have said above they got flame poo thrown at them so everyone backed down and thats the reputation emu team was stuck with. Hard mean jerks. But you guys have taken a turn in your attitude so slowly people are comming out of there hole.. imo
Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Silent Boba Fett

Hmm lets see.

From the beginning the community was told it wasn't about them. It was about you and you wanting to play SWG. Since then numerous good folks have been banned or removed for questioning you. You've had one dev run off with a considerable amount of donation cash. You've driven off some good folks like Anzel. Hired nazis to patrol your forums. And snap at people if they say something in IRC you don't agree with.

Did I miss something?

We have been saying all along you can't treat the general community like **** and expect them to follow behind you.

And I think now you are seeing that.

A lot of folks are here because they want to play SWG again and are just waiting to see if you guys ever deliver. They don't want to talk to you. They really don't want to be part of your community. They just want to play swg again.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

No one is being banned anymore, so I dont see why everyone is dwelling in the past. we've changed heh, Im asking how we can improve, not bashing what went wrong before.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Po-ooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
No one is being banned anymore, so I dont see why everyone is dwelling in the past. we've changed heh, Im asking how we can improve, not bashing what went wrong before.
Ramsey, I just got 10 minute banned.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:01 AM

My dear Ramsey, this is where you are wrong, Im afraid. You see, there is a 0.001% chance that Ultyma will EVER change his ways. He is too egotistical. And ban happy for that matter. He may have some skill in packet structuring, but all he likes to is be unkind in general. His favorite think is saying 'kthx.' then banning someone. Tell me you have never seen this happen. And you can NOT hide your past under a rug, its just not that simple. Like remember how you tried to get my *cough*anotheremuforumyoudontlike*cough* password, just so you can spy on them? Yeah, real mature. Like Miscillian said, try banning us. Your just disreguarding your post about no more bans. What a hypocrite.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 AM

errr... i mean, it been like what, almost 3 years?? if all the past forums databased could been recovered u could practicaly answer all the questions with "... use the search batton dude..." or "read the FAQ". Like general stuff, themes of conversations gets old, simply as that. Like most of the developers, mods, admis, people have move on, got married and childrens. U can only keep people on the edge of their seats for a time, then as me, i just come by a couple of times a month to see how things r doing.

And btw, why try to revive the forums if Ultyma likes the irc better...? nuff said.
Closed Thread