SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Totally agree that players should be able to put bounties on anyone and that people with cantinas should be able to create entertainer missions for them to comae and dance/play at specified times and places.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM

I've been a total lurker here. I'm really excited about what the swgemu team is doing here - I can't wait until I can play pre-cu again. I'm very glad the direction is to design game mechanics and features as close to pre-cu as possible. I'll be very interested to see how much control individual server owners have over quests/content/mobs/loot tables etc. I don't have much to contribute at the moment other than I'm really looking forward to bringing my toons back to life in a very fun game that sony ruined.

Rock On!
Robert the Righteous
Aka Skrawn-Key Frondo on Bria
Old 04-03-2007, 05:17 PM

i am very excited and i can't wait! it's like YES!!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:40 PM

I'd like to know why I"m suddenly perma-banned from IRC? I've been away from chat for a few days, just left my IRC client running so I could browse the logs later and to my suprise I find I'm banned. WTF??
Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM

for those that werent interested in pvp it was easy, i dont remember what stage of galaxies it was but it was the whole Combatant/Special Forces status, combatant being PVE and SF being PVP... absolutely perfect. and as for jedi being hunted... well that was just fking awesome now wasnt it. i still remember riding up to a jedi i had the bounty of when he was grouped, blowing him to hell and listening to his whole group FREAK OUT at me. good times, entirely too funny
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ea View Post
for those that werent interested in pvp it was easy, i dont remember what stage of galaxies it was but it was the whole Combatant/Special Forces status, combatant being PVE and SF being PVP... absolutely perfect. and as for jedi being hunted... well that was just fking awesome now wasnt it. i still remember riding up to a jedi i had the bounty of when he was grouped, blowing him to hell and listening to his whole group FREAK OUT at me. good times, entirely too funny
TEF is necessary for a fun experience. Combatant/Special Forces was just retarded crap
Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
NOTE:
What do you think the SWGEmu staff can do to better deal with new people or a flow of like 100 questions a day?
Well what i have noticed happens is you will come into the forum and answer questions in this or that thread. These posts that you make often hold valuable information that i notice gets asked for time and time again.

I seen a suggestion once that your posts should be added to some kind of FAQ, this might not be a bad idea. If one person asks a question, it is inevitable that someone else will ask the same question a month later and your original answer will have been lost in the sea of posts.. So possibly creating a "Ramsey Quotes" section might be useful, creating some sort of useful central location for important information.

Ok now that i have scanned through all the pages of this thread. The problem is quite obvious, people tend to think that they are the most important person in the universe therefore thier questions must be answered and if it isn't answered withing a very short time then the person they are asking is just a jerk. The thought never dawns on these people that the person they are asking the question of might have answered that same very question a million times over the past 2 years and if they took the time to look around before asking they might find thier question has been answered. People do not seem to take in to account that the SWGEMU Team is a group of private individuals who are trying to recreate the Pre-cu Swg, and that the people demanding these answers are not paying for the work that is being done and really do not deserve an answer, and that any information given is only done so by the SWGEMU Teams own good will. To top it off im willing to bet that alot of these people have never held a customer service job in thier life and would have no clue how it feels to be asked the same stupid question over and over again even though the answer is sitting in front of thier face.

Honestly, you can't really blame any of the SWGEMU Team for having a short fuse. Personally if i were them with the way the community acts in general about this project i would give up, throw the project into the perverbial trash and incinerate it and never look back. As so far it's been a pretty thankless task for them.... The community in general needs a big attitude adjustment and instead of jumping all over the swgemu team every time one of them gets a little short, give them a little understanding and patience and encouragement instead. In otherwords if the community wants the Devs/mods to respond better then the community needs to give them a little more respect.

Ramsey, honestly man, you seem to have the patience of a saint, i have no idea how you manage to keep your cool most of the time.

Last edited by Karrion; 04-03-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM

Ok since Ramsey and Ultyma stated the obvious in the IRC (we need donations). This might be redundant, but we need a solution. It might be easier said than done but I think we have to somehow convince other "emu" community members to donate to this project rather than to servers that don't even exist. I think the reason for this huge problem is because people are just ignorant, not stupid, they just don't know what they're money is going towards. I think if they understood that they're money isn't going to the right person we could amass the money we need to run this server.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM

Two words just popped in my mind when I was driving home from the train station: Dev Tracker.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armagedda View Post
Ok since Ramsey and Ultyma stated the obvious in the IRC (we need donations). This might be redundant, but we need a solution. It might be easier said than done but I think we have to somehow convince other "emu" community members to donate to this project rather than to servers that don't even exist. I think the reason for this huge problem is because people are just ignorant, not stupid, they just don't know what they're money is going towards. I think if they understood that they're money isn't going to the right person we could amass the money we need to run this server.
I think that people are a little reluctant to donate after the fiasco of some of the donation money being stolen. Unless the community can be guaranteed that their money is going to be used for the development of the emulator donations may be hard to come by. It would also help if it was clear what the donation money was being spent on. People like to know where they're money is going.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litintha View Post

Would the devs/mods mind explaining this little mood swing of theirs?

Oh, and, i didn't just type this up. Observe Here

*is not afraid of the ban/delete post stick*
I think you're misunderstanding, Litintha. Ramsey and Ultyma are trying to say that you're wasting donation money on OTHER servers (ie: True Galaxies, Exiled, Lowca, and so on) for something that doesn't exist. They weren't talking about the Chicago.SWGEmu test center. It's illogical to pay someone else for efforts that SWGEmu is doing.

It's like paying McDonalds and leave without ordering anything, and then going to Burger King and demand a Whopper because you've already paid McDonalds.

Please understand that I'm not berating server administrators for their efforts in wanting to bring servers to the community. We all appreciate it. But it's simply far too early for that. Right now, the priority lies in keeping the test center running so we could continue development.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
I think you're misunderstanding, Litintha. Ramsey and Ultyma are trying to say that you're wasting donation money on OTHER servers (ie: True Galaxies, Exiled, Lowca, and so on) for something that doesn't exist. They weren't talking about the Chicago.SWGEmu test center. It's illogical to pay someone else for efforts that SWGEmu is doing.

It's like paying McDonalds and leave without ordering anything, and then going to Burger King and demand a Whopper because you've already paid McDonalds.

Please understand that I'm not berating server administrators for their efforts in wanting to bring servers to the community. We all appreciate it. But it's simply far too early for that. Right now, the priority lies in keeping the test center running so we could continue development.
Quoted for emphasis
well put, and you can think of it as a threat, but its true, if people dont put the money in the right place this could be postponed for a much longer period, if not go to **** completely
Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM

i think we all need to set aside our differences and work together...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM

Obviously donating to SWGemu would be more beneficial than donating to a specific server at this stage of the game. Donating to specific servers seems silly, IMO

The devs need funds to keep the TC server up and running.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 PM

Im not in the mood for reading 44 pages, so I will just give you my 2cents. Im sure what Im saying has been said before in this thread.

I dont participate on these forums due to the sheer hostility I feel coming from other people. Not only other members, but moderators and developers, the people who are suppost to act professional and inpartial, regardless of if they are employed or are doing it in their spare time. I have to worry about anything I would write here, I see tons of flaming going on.

Also there is no regular updates to keep people intrested. Even 1 paragraph a week would maybe be enough, just saying whats being worked on. Perhaps even a moderated Q&A session with a couple of devs on IRC advertised before hand so people know its going to happen. Im also not a fan of the people who think they are unofficial moderators.

Last edited by Bonafide; 04-03-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: