SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM

What I do not understand is why in the hell are we so divided on stuff like this? We're all after the same means, why not work together? So what, some people don't like each other, they'll get over it.

Bottom line is we all dislike the NGE more, so why not work on one project, or at least share notes on some of the stuff.

As for a helpful suggestion.

Why not partner up with an existing server community. If it's the servers getting the money, then do a trade off. The server community lets you use their server for testing, and they get first dibs on participation during the tests.

Everyone wins, and you pull in more community support. I'm sure more than one server would clamor for such an opportunity, and the dev team can simply worry about development, and not about how to afford a server.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamal Jolstien View Post
What I do not understand is why in the hell are we so divided on stuff like this? We're all after the same means, why not work together? So what, some people don't like each other, they'll get over it.

Bottom line is we all dislike the NGE more, so why not work on one project, or at least share notes on some of the stuff.

As for a helpful suggestion.

Why not partner up with an existing server community. If it's the servers getting the money, then do a trade off. The server community lets you use their server for testing, and they get first dibs on participation during the tests.

Everyone wins, and you pull in more community support. I'm sure more than one server would clamor for such an opportunity, and the dev team can simply worry about development, and not about how to afford a server.
I like this idea.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Former Community Manager

Please stop discussing the other team. That's not what this thread is for.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 PM

It's like this.... i used to be very active on IRC especially... but with time i just had enough of that , was really borring and i stopped coming
sometimes i come in just to read if theres something new on the forums and maybe respond...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM

yea but i know most of us probably have friends that arent big forum users or people that are just reading the forums and not signing up that are awaiting the game to release so we can all play.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 PM

People are frustrated with the amount of time. initial timetables told them it would come out 9 months ago. the emotion has died down. They have little access to tangible things that will get them into the emu. most people are registered and are waiting.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 PM

I wouldn't say I'm frustrated. I can appreciate the time it would take to code and debug a project of this magnitude.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 PM

as far as I know, there has never been time tables, just things that need to be worked on. anyt time tables have been estimates of the community. the devs have said before that they would not release time tables or ETA's due to people wanting them to keep thier word. it comes out when it comes out. I don't understand this frustration people have.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 PM

well i am not stressed about it, i am really looking forward to play on pre cu again. i talk to all of my friends about it, they are all planning on playing it as soon as it comes out, but i don't know what i could ad to the community, i typically log in a few times a week and just read peoples posts to see whats going on.

i do agree with the person that said we would probably get more chat going on if it was in game, say if you made like THEED and THEED only accessible, like walled it off so you couldn't leave THEED, and made it easy to log on to that all the time, i think that people would spend more time just goofing around there, i know i used to waste so much time just talking to people in THEED, MOS EISLEY, and MINING OUTPOST.

just my thoughts =)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 AM

its already been said, multiple times, but id like to reiderate(?) it. ive only been around on the forums for a few months and im already getting bored with the discussions. there is only so much we can discuss about changes and suggestions to swg without sounding like broken records. jedi, pvp, crafting, gcw, space, bla bla bla. its really all quite trivial until the community who supports you is actually given something to play, then discuss. right now we are just hypothesizing and imagining situations. it only fosters contempt, confusion, and anxiety when we are asked to discuss changes to -insert aspect of swg- before it is even finished coding or whatever the hell it is you have to do to make it playable, and tested by the community. (i admit i know nothing about computers other then de can make sum coo vi-dee-o gaamess, so i have the upmost respect for what you are all doing, i loved pre-cu, cant tell you how many days i wasted playing the game)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Donation.

I think if some of the ideas in this forum are followed up with, there should be a rise in donations. If the community sees they are listened to, then I would say the community should be will to make donations with out hassel. Think about:

8000 commnity members
x5 dollars each a month
---------
40,000$ To get these devs a chance to get this game running.

Some may donate more, but the point is. WE NEED TO BE A COMMUNITY, and that does not mean a select 100 or so that really care to help out, and the other 7900 sitting and waiting to reep the benfits. Make the devs feel appreciated for taking THEIR time, to give us back a game we love.

I am not gunna make this a Susan Struthers telethon, just a general annoucement.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 AM

Well basically they're making the emu because they want to, not because they love us so much.
But I'm sure a lot of people in the 'community' would donate if it was actually needed to keep the project going (new server, software, etc).
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 AM

It doesnt really look as if you want all of the community to do anything.
Go on IRC you say. All time I went on IRC there has been stupid off-topic joking or other obscure talk. I have no time to hang around 24x7 there to occasionally grab some info for test schedule or anything.

If you really want the community to take part - run a test for a week or two, announce when and how to take part a week before and tell the ppl what you want them to test and where you want the response.

just my 2 cent.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:32 AM

I disagree, people have to speculate on what they want to see now, while they're coding it so they can get ideas on how to code the thing better so anything people want to see in mods etc, wont be impossible later.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:07 AM

Well ethier way, I think I speak for all of us when all we want is pre-cu back and it doesnt take going into IRC everyday to know that. Also, even when I do go in IRC all I see is people getting banned for various reasons.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: