SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
I seriously considered typing out a rebuttal to his posts... then realized time is better spent doing other things.

My only message to him is this: if you don't like what you see here, keep your donations to yourself. We're not strong arming anyone into donating, not saying "Oh, if you don't give 'x' amount of money we're closing down", we simply put up a meter of how close we are to our monthly goal. If you want to help us get there, great. If not, then enjoy the fruits of our labor once it's completed.

But don't come to our boards, complaining that we're going too slow for your tastes. You readily admit you have no abilities to do what we're doing, so why do you think that your lack of ability gives you license to comment on how quickly we should be making progress?
Well said, just a small addition. The time we spend on this project is our sacrifice, your's can be to volunteer helping with testing it out or donating to keep the tests going on.

For those who keep questioning our ability to provide a finished product, i ask you the following question. How comes there are so many games out there with a completed emulator, yet there are none exist for SWG with even four distinct groups working on it? We have answered this a dozen times, but seems it never went through well enough but if you take the time to think this through, it might help to realize the situation.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 AM

blah blah

Almost pains me to say it...

Very happy that you guys cranked out an update.

+1 to you guys.

Hmm got the dates wrong.

-1 for me.

March is not April, note to self.

Oh well - w/e

My bad for a triple post, but in the hope someone from the emu team is viewin' this atm...

Please, for the love of God, update the main page.

Doesn't inspire conifidence when the most recent thing on the main page is last Decembers outage notice.

If I were John Q Public stoppin' by for the first time, I might not make it past that front page w the way it looks currently.

If I knew anything about tech/html - I'd do it for ya. I don't.

Last edited by odwill; 04-15-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: use the edit button
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Er, just 1 question, how long until you simply ban this moron?

Dont care for his ranting
Dont care for his attitude
Dont care for his abuse
Dont care for his behavior
Dont care for his lack of manners

Respect is due to those behind the EMU, respect and thanks. What worries me is that you allow someone to be abusive in such a way and still let him post...?

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 AM

ok this is my first post so please please do nail me to the wall...

ok if you want to know what they are doing just look at there Dev site.

here is some info Theanswer just post and update for fishing its rather large. Also it looks like hes been working with the opening tutorial problems and also alot of stuff with objects.

it looks like kyle is hammering on the resorce managment part make major updates 3 updates in 2 days.

so in the past week there were atlest 10+ updates to the code.

is it going fast hell if i know but then again SOE did have a **** load of more programers working on the code than swgemu has..

if you want the code to befinish then offer to help...i would but my c++ if not that good Atm.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
Er, just 1 question, how long until you simply ban this moron?

Dont care for his ranting
Dont care for his attitude
Dont care for his abuse
Dont care for his behavior
Dont care for his lack of manners

Respect is due to those behind the EMU, respect and thanks. What worries me is that you allow someone to be abusive in such a way and still let him post...?
So we just stifle any op[inion that doesn't jive w yours? Is that what those gold bars mean?

They updated front page a little, a good start. I asked, and we received. +1 for everyone.

Sorry you don't care for me - quite frankly, I now don't care for you. Can we ban him Daddy? Please, Daddy?

Pathetic. I'm sure after reading this you'll pm the big boys and threaten to not continue w your donations.

I speak for many who are frustrated - leaf through the thread, I'm hardly the sole critical voice. I may be more colorful than the others, but within an hour of my latest triple post - the front page looks marginally better, and it benefits all of us. Long sentence fail.

The fact they haven't banned me at least lets the community know that the devs have nothing to fear from criticism and that they are above petty forum politics. Fanbois love to push for the ban, the men-in-charge have the courage to let dissent stand and allow for the individuals to draw their own conclusions. If only you were so brave.

You can ban me today, but I'll be back - and as time marches on I can guarantee there'll be more just like me.

Help yourself to a kleenex and learn to deal w opposition.

What kind of man are you? For shame.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
You can ban me today, but I'll be back - and as time marches on I can guarantee there'll be more just like me.
Arnold?

But seriously, you did make a valid point in one of your previous posts. Lack of updates on front page, or better yet total lack of any moderating. They are probably just understaffed, but still, both website and forum are a mess.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
So we just stifle any op[inion that doesn't jive w yours? Is that what those gold bars mean?

They updated front page a little, a good start. I asked, and we received. +1 for everyone.

Sorry you don't care for me - quite frankly, I now don't care for you. Can we ban him Daddy? Please, Daddy?

Pathetic. I'm sure after reading this you'll pm the big boys and threaten to not continue w your donations.

I speak for many who are frustrated - leaf through the thread, I'm hardly the sole critical voice. I may be more colorful than the others, but within an hour of my latest triple post - the front page looks marginally better, and it benefits all of us. Long sentence fail.

The fact they haven't banned me at least lets the community know that the devs have nothing to fear from criticism and that they are above petty forum politics. Fanbois love to push for the ban, the men-in-charge have the courage to let dissent stand and allow for the individuals to draw their own conclusions. If only you were so brave.

Help yourself to a kleenex and learn to deal w opposition.

What kind of man are you? For shame.

There is a way of giving constructive feedback and it seems its a life skill you have failed to learn. We exported supernanny over to the US as it seemed you had plenty of children who dont know how to behave, maybe you can ask for a visit from her - if you are an adult and still think that stamping your feet will make things happen faster as you are not happy with current progress it seems you really have a lot to learn in life.

Gold bars, ah you mean the donations. Yes I donate as I feel this is something worth donating to. My donation rate is just the same as if I were paying an active sub in any other MMO, I play so I pay - it is quite simple.

After visiting the EMU when it was first released I decided the progression rate was such that it would be frustrating for me so I let everyone get on with it while keeping 1 eye on the action along with the rest of my guild. I finally decided to jump in a few months ago when I was happy I wouldn't rage over the progression and fill the forums with negative threads about how long it was taking, maybe you should think about doing the same, it may help your stress level.

Like you I cannot code so cannot contribute on that front but what I can do is make a conscious effort to not be destructive and negative but instead be thankful for the work done so far. I used to smile at those that played MMO's but complained about them saying why are you paying if you dont like the game as it is, here you are not even paying but still wish to complain so have taken this to a whole new level I guess.

Have a nice day

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
Like you I cannot code so cannot contribute on that front but what I can do is make a conscious effort to not be destructive and negative but instead be thankful for the work done so far.
This is absolutely correct.

The one thing I can say for certain is that we would all be sublimely happy if the devs would drop us a little note on progress every now and then. Anything - even if it's technical. After all, to have a vague certainty that things are progressing is one thing, but to hear about it is an entirely different boost to morale!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Arnold?

But seriously, you did make a valid point in one of your previous posts. Lack of updates on front page, or better yet total lack of any moderating. They are probably just understaffed, but still, both website and forum are a mess.
Yes? Oh, I guess it's not a call to my address.

Well, you got a point there. But on the other side, anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/dashboard/index/swgemu

I personally prefer them rather to work on the emu than to release empty phrases on a weekly or bi-weekly base.

But nevertheless, being frustrated and unhappy isn't an excuse for the lack of manners.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
Yes? Oh, I guess it's not a call to my address.
Nah, i was actually taking about a certain Governor.

Quote:
Well, you got a point there. But on the other side, anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at

I personally prefer them rather to work on the emu than to release empty phrases on a weekly or bi-weekly base.

But nevertheless, being frustrated and unhappy isn't an excuse for the lack of manners.
Still, front page could be more up to date and look at the state of these boards. Im not asking for updates, just some kind moderating.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at
This kicks ass!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM

Alright I see they cleaned out half a page of this thread.

I also picked up some disciplinary points.

See you guys again mid May when my "time-out" points get lifted.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Bye, don't get hit by a bus between now and then!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:

great link
and am especially glad to see that they are working on ch
https://www.assembla.com/flows/show/...Cr3PXIeJe5aVNr

Old 04-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Here are the updates:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swgemu/stream

This is awesome and should be pinned here for the general community to see that work is actually being done

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: