Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by studrandbo View Post
ya but the POINTS last for 1 year and 2 years. thats the point. you can never get out from under those points. and they do add up to 5 REALLY FAST. so after your 4 point 3 month suspension, you have to basically be a really good boy for 21 months to avoid the permanent ban on your 5th point. like 6 months later and you make a small mistake and get 1 point and then are BANNED FOR LIFE, as it is your 5th point.
thats what i mean by long expiry dates. you may have forgotten what you did 6 months ago and then you get walloped with permaban on a small infraction.
Well, you know the rules now, just behave by them and you dont get any of those infraction points. Also, the only 4 points rule I see is to try and get someone's account data. Seriously, you want people trying to get into your account get less punished? Serious offense => serious punishment. Back to you.

どこまでも亀が続く
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

We welcome everybody's comments and feedback, but as the first item in the Announcement says, "concerns" are to be handled through concerns@swgemu.com and not on this forum.

The good questions to clarify things will be posted back into the "reserved" posts so it is easier for everybody to see the answers.

Everything we are trying to do is to help development bring back the game that was taken away from us. The choice is yours and yours alone to choose if you want to contribute in a positive manner or wish to be hurtful to the Development Project. Anything from anybody that detracts from the best environment for development, like trolling or any other rule breaking, will not be tolerated because we will not be losing more development time to forum or TC drama again. And YES, anybody includes all Staff, every single person registered on this forum.

The rules are set and apply immediately to this forum and TC: Nova (IRC rules have not been updated yet). Because this is a change in policy for Staff too, there may be some inconsistency for a few days. I ask you to be patient and please bring up any issues in a professional manner and any wrongs will be corrected.

Please follow the rules in all threads and be responsible in reporting possible rule violations. We don't have a staff large enough to patrol every single thread on this forum so we all have to work together to make this a better place for development.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM

do the forum infractions like trolling, bumping, +1 etc... when added up to a ban will that be only to the forums or logging into the game as well? and bumping is a forum infraction???? we all do that on the trade forum.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelasius View Post
do the forum infractions like trolling, bumping, +1 etc... when added up to a ban will that be only to the forums or logging into the game as well? and bumping is a forum infraction???? we all do that on the trade forum.
AMG it's Asher.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:05 AM

Really, about time. Forums have degenerated incredibly over the past year, my only thoughts are to have a PvP forum section so all the trolls can have their 'fun' there.

One question....with auto infractions, would this not be open to abuse? ie. one guild hates the other so they just slam on report all day long with all their mates.

Lastly, really....I would think that the average poster who doesn't resort to troll like replies: you really shouldn't have much of a problem, if at all.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
We welcome everybody's comments and feedback
Seems this isn't the case.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72552

Thread closed. No troll. No rules violated. Just closed.

Sorry if I didn't ask the right question or was too gungho about playing the game. I suppose us fans shouldn't get too excited about playing. I'll be more low key and act as if I don't like the project next time.

I don't much like this game. How about you guys? I hope it takes forever to get the OR started. Being a member since 2006, I'm obviously not a big fan of the project since I've been lurking for a mere four years. Damn, why did I act so excited about the OR? I knew I shouldn't have been excited. I knew it wasn't allowed in these forums yet I still acted excited. Dammit. What in the mother of all hell was I thinking?

Sorry to be excited.

I don't expect this post to stay up long since it doesn't say the right things or kiss any of the mod's butts.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 AM

You made a thread, essentially...demanding an OR eta which has been said many times there is none. No one knows, not even the hard working devs, CMs, and GMs.

They alerted us that the OR and wipe is soon already, there really is no need to have thread after thread asking when it will happen. I think that is why it was locked rather than anything else.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
You made a thread, essentially...demanding an OR eta which has been said many times there is none. No one knows, not even the hard working devs, CMs, and GMs.

They alerted us that the OR and wipe is soon already, there really is no need to have thread after thread asking when it will happen. I think that is why it was locked rather than anything else.
If you read the post then you can see it was meant to be a rah rah sort of post about getting our Pre-CU game on. Not to disparage the work of the devs.

Also, I see lots of posts asking when the OR is going to hit and they aren't immediately closed.

I'm just ready to play the game. Man, I love love love this game and I wanna play. I, like the rest of you, was devastated when they took away the best game ever. I can't imagine how difficult it is to code this stuff to make it like the original. I'm not busting on the devs. I just wanted to tell the players in these forums that I'm so very excited to play and let's do this thing when it gets started.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 AM

Very good, kepp it up : )
But how about puttin up a Wiki on the page, so Vlada und co can put their guides and co there. Easier to find, modify and manage. Just my 2 cents : )
Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
I'm not sure there that there will be a trade forum after the OR.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
We will have to look at special forums like Trade Forums and General areas that will need relaxed rules. Our goal is to keep things orderly for development and those two areas I listed deserve a bit more freedom as they won't bother development.

We don't claim to be perfect in everything we say and we know some tweaking and adjusting might be needed so we always stay open to input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
Really, about time. Forums have degenerated incredibly over the past year, my only thoughts are to have a PvP forum section so all the trolls can have their 'fun' there.

One question....with auto infractions, would this not be open to abuse? ie. one guild hates the other so they just slam on report all day long with all their mates.

Lastly, really....I would think that the average poster who doesn't resort to troll like replies: you really shouldn't have much of a problem, if at all.
Infractions are still given by Moderators or Managers, but the point where the ban kicks in is automatic at the listed point levels. We don't adjust points for a given rule infraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbp View Post
Seems this isn't the case.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72552

Thread closed. No troll. No rules violated. Just closed.

Sorry if I didn't ask the right question or was too gungho about playing the game. I suppose us fans shouldn't get too excited about playing. I'll be more low key and act as if I don't like the project next time.

I don't much like this game. How about you guys? I hope it takes forever to get the OR started. Being a member since 2006, I'm obviously not a big fan of the project since I've been lurking for a mere four years. Damn, why did I act so excited about the OR? I knew I shouldn't have been excited. I knew it wasn't allowed in these forums yet I still acted excited. Dammit. What in the mother of all hell was I thinking?

Sorry to be excited.

I don't expect this post to stay up long since it doesn't say the right things or kiss any of the mod's butts.
I haven't talked to IX but my guess is that your thread was viewed as "asking an ETA". Those typically get closed.

At the same time, I have asked everybody to take some time to adjust to the updated rules and infraction system and that includes Staff too.

Please address concerns about staff and management policy to concerns@swgemu.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I'm not sure there that there will be a trade forum after the OR.
We will have one.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrzne91 View Post
AMG it's Asher.
I saw Krash post in a thread earlier too I was like OMG

Next up will be Elif.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
2.4 Troll posts or threads. We define troll posts and threads as those which knowingly lead to inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of A) provoking other users into a desired emotional response or B) disrupting normal on-topic discussion. 1 point, expires in 9 months
Quote:
2.13 Spam, defined as the re-posting of content repeatedly. Spam includes QFE's without explanation, +1's, Bumps, blatantly off topic posts and "In Before Lock"s. 1 point, expires in 2 weeks
2 Weeks for spamming but 9 Months for trolling? I mean, I've seen Mods troll before not to mention that vague description of trolling would give potential to Mods interpreting it the way they want (i.e. what they or their friends post "isn't" trolling but what others post "is" trolling). Everyone flames at least a little bit and often times it's not a very conscious and deliberate violation of a healthy community. Arguments get heated. Spamming, however, is a conscious violation.

However, I don't think QFE's, bumps, or Inb4 Locks can hardly be considered spamming (largely to do with the fact they aren't "re-posting" content as described by your definition of "spamming") as they aren't (again) the same conscious violation as someone re-posting a thread over and over again.

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to see some justification behind the specificity of some of these changes (such as the ones I mentioned above).

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Also... Call me crazy but I don't think I can edit my post (as I try not to double post).

But I take it our registration dates and sech won't transfer? I like seeing my registration as it reminds me how long I've been involved with the community.

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 PM

All this could be solved by simply having a PvP forum where those who want to - can talk smack. Those who do not wish to participate in flame wars can chose to stay out.

It's supposed to be a sandbox game. Except now we are all expected to quietly sit down and make sand cookies with our government approved cookie cutters.

Kicking sand in the face of those who mess with us was part of the fun of SWG!

Maybe I'll get an infraction or the cooties for saying this but ... the new forum rules were probably lifted from the KGB rule book :P

All you're doing is repressing human nature and expecting folks to behave like protocol droids that are lathered in hand sanitizers every other minute

Khamsinvera - preCU Jedi
B R I A for life. [removed. Evading the profanity filter is not allowed]
In game: Khamsinvera / Pushy / Panzer of <-ATO->
Blacklist of bad traders: Gapster (Soun), Wint3rz (Jeopi/Shepo), Licous (Ballyyr), KV90 (Kaar)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: