SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Forum Moderator

So what would this fall under,

goober96044, goober966041, goober9660410, goober966042, goober966043, goober966045, goober966046, goober966047, goober966048, goober966049.

Copied this from the users that visited in the last 24 hours.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM

ok. I'm confused. I want to set up a crafter at some point in addition to my combat toon. I have 2 sets of disks with two serial numbers if that makes any diffenence. Back in the day I knew how to run two installs of the game on one PC, and when needed, would boot up a third account on my 2nd computer. What do I need to do to be able to run my crafter, or is this even allowed. Not trying to pull anything shadey, I just want to be able to enjoy the different aspects of this amazing game you guys are all working so hard to recreate.

Thanks
Noraa
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraa View Post
ok. I'm confused. I want to set up a crafter at some point in addition to my combat toon. I have 2 sets of disks with two serial numbers if that makes any diffenence. Back in the day I knew how to run two installs of the game on one PC, and when needed, would boot up a third account on my 2nd computer. What do I need to do to be able to run my crafter, or is this even allowed. Not trying to pull anything shadey, I just want to be able to enjoy the different aspects of this amazing game you guys are all working so hard to recreate.

Thanks
Noraa
You can make multiple characters on 1 account (atleast 20 characters / account) as stated many times on this post.

You can log multiple characters on at same time by enabling Multiple instances from LPE options (Not game options,the other one), change "Allow multiple instances" from FALSE to TRUE and you can run as many clients as your PC can handle. you can have combat toon fighting, crafter crafting,doctor and entertainer buffing at the same time if you wish.

Last edited by mijom; 02-05-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM

The 20 toons per account is awsome. Have just about anything you could want in more in 1 account.

+ mutli-logins. Awsome choice. I can not wait till this goes live.

If i knew programming i would gladly help out.

Tried it...can't understand a darn thing about it.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM

I PMed both Max and PhantomLeader four days ago about the issue my brother and I are having concerning this policy (we each would like our own account), but I have yet to receive a response, so I'm uncertain of whether or not it was resolved.

Would it be better if I filed a support ticket? He (my brother) and I don't want to share an account...
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 PM

This account is mine, but the alec.james one belongs to my brother. Don't delete him.

Darjani SWGE: A More Balanced SWGEmu

"<offensive signature - removed>"
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniK View Post
So what would this fall under,

goober96044, goober966041, goober9660410, goober966042, goober966043, goober966045, goober966046, goober966047, goober966048, goober966049.

Copied this from the users that visited in the last 24 hours.
Taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstigress View Post
I PMed both Max and PhantomLeader four days ago about the issue my brother and I are having concerning this policy (we each would like our own account), but I have yet to receive a response, so I'm uncertain of whether or not it was resolved.

Would it be better if I filed a support ticket? He (my brother) and I don't want to share an account...
PM me and make a ticket please. We're way backed up on these issues and trying to catch up. We'll get to it. Don't worry about your accounts in the meantime, we're aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldred View Post
Just a question? What if you are behind a router and like myself and my wife both have an account.... if you are checking through IPs we will end up with same IP? What should I do so that we don;t get in trouble do to that fact.
It's not that simple, but we can tell who is who. Please just send PhantomLeader, Max, or myself a PM and we'll get you exempted should you have this type of situation.

edit - by the way, epic trip-post by me.

Last edited by Max; 02-11-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: tripple post... dammit boi!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Will the current Multi-Account Policy prevail in V1.0. Sony made no objection to my 3 accounts (@ 15 bucks / mo each) back in the day) and one player i knew had FIVE.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlzie View Post
Will the current Multi-Account Policy prevail in V1.0. Sony made no objection to my 3 accounts (@ 15 bucks / mo each) back in the day) and one player i knew had FIVE.
in real SWG, you were paying for accounts, and accounts were only limited by the how much you were willing to spend. SOE didnt care, because it was more money for them and everyone got paid.

The emulator doesnt have a payment system, its free, and no one gets paid, so without rules there is nothing stopping people from having unlimited number of accounts. Filling the database and the forum full of unecessary user accounts.

Multiple accounts arent needed because you can dual log with a single account and create a lot of characters per account.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Don't expect dual-logging a single account to last into 1.0.

eXile
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

There would be no real point of it. I assume that you'll be able to create many many toons.

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 PM

ok...so i have like 5 computers in my house and probably like 5 people who will want to play, we all use computers interchangeably, will i need to PM PL? or just have each of us use one permanent account on each permanent computer? the other thing is i use a laptop and a tower is it ok if i log in the same account on the tower AND the laptop? and then what if my brother and i play and i use the laptop and he uses the tower?

i don't think the rest of my family has even made forum accounts, the game accounts and forum accounts are tied now? i have been gone an while, been over in france and such and i missed out on a lot of info sorry if this is in plain site and i have missed it...

-S
Old 02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Uh yeah, that's a good one skip. That will probably hit a few triggers. Please do PM Phant and let him know so we take note of it on our end.

ps - I liked my trip-post Max
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlzie View Post
i knew someone who had well over 5, dunno for sure how many he had, just knew it was over 5 haha.

All his chars had a color, then fish in the name, example: bluefish/redfish/blackfish ect, list goes on and on, he never got in any trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkehcheetah!1138 View Post
or how bout having the ability to eat things like vehicle customization kits and house deeds and ud get really good buffs for that like super speed so a happy ending for all and every swgemu char goes to bed full of vehicle paint
sigh..
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM

^ was that blue fish guy on ahazi?!?! that dude have me 2 crystal snakes with poisons and a bull rancor cause he was giving up CH 0.O

Ekaika i will do so after they make accounts...

-S

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: