SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 09:11 AM

They tried nice, so did some of us, they asked people not to spam about server status, they did use PLEASE, on more than one occasion they begged them to stop, and then they gave up... There is just no stopping "I cant connect" posts.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanni View Post
I have to disagree with you kel on just one little point, I wish they had said PLEASE do not ask about test server status.. the current msg reeks of SOE and the way they treated their player base.. any old timers who were kicked out of Theed during the NGE riots will know what I am talking about.
After saying please 35 times today, I speak for my colleagues when I say that we're all pleased out.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I have to disagree with you kel on just one little point, I wish they had said PLEASE do not ask about test server status.. the current msg reeks of SOE and the way they treated their player base.. any old timers who were kicked out of Theed during the NGE riots will know what I am talking about.
But I can understand why they would do it. Too many people are lazy and post a new thread or ask when it will be up when two posts previous someone asked and got an answer.

To compare the team to SOE isn't fair as we were paying for a product from SOE where as the SWGEMU team is doing this for free and out of their own time so they cant be held to the same standards as SOE. So its completely understandable that some irritation might show when you have lots of people posting/PMing when the server is going to be up when its all available on post #1
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-morian View Post
I love the big banner about not asking about server status.
But it brings up the question, WHO aren't we supposed to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulembo View Post
the most I would do is tell my dog how good of a weapon it was when I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Ever since my dog peed on my xbox it doesn't go online anymore.
Star Wars Smilies, feel free to use 'em!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 AM

That's okay.... I will go March Madness 09 in the spirit of March!!!!! Anyone with me!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM

I stand duly chastized.. my point was missed.. oh well
Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I stand duly chastized.. my point was missed.. oh well
The SWG developers did not suck because they were jerks, they sucked because they did ****ty things to the game, and then didn't let people speak out.

The emu devs don't want the entire playerbase making threads asking about server status because it takes time away from doing useful work on their part to delete all of the useless threads.

Max did not miss your point.

They don't have to ask "please." They don't have to walk on eggshells.

Jesus Christ.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I would like to point out that I was the one who sugjested the Idea. And for good reason. After the last 3 days of "when will the server be back up" and "I cant get past loading objects" posts, every 5 minutes. It got really tiresome to reply to every one the same way.

Would you prefer that they just didnt reply, and no one replyed to the 15th and above posts about the same subject? Every one on this forum that has explained this has explained it to death.

what do you want? for every one to explain the exact same thing every four new threads? if you dont like the iritation, pls people, start using the God **** search button. It's not just for decoration. and if you dont know how, just go into any section, it doesnt take all that much looking to find a post on this. In fact they are really hard to miss. most have that nice Lock symbol on them. and they are ever 4 to 6 threads. Just look a little.

Edit:
I now restate my request to get a poll going on whether we can just ban any one to lazy to open a thread that says "when will the server be back up" or Cant get past loading object". I really think it would cut down on the posts if you added. DO NOT ASK ABOUT SERVER STATUS, OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

I really think this will be far more efective. LOL

Last edited by Ratchet' Autobot; 03-20-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet' Autobot View Post
I would like to point out that I was the one who sugjested the Idea. And for good reason. After the last 3 days of "when will the server be back up" and "I cant get past loading objects" posts, every 5 minutes. It got really tiresome to reply to every one the same way.

Would you prefer that they just didnt reply, and no one replyed to the 15th and above posts about the same subject? Every one on this forum that has explained this has explained it to death.

what do you want? for every one to explain the exact same thing every four new threads? if you dont like the iritation, pls people, start using the God **** search button. It's not just for decoration. and if you dont know how, just go into any section, it doesnt take all that much looking to find a post on this. In fact they are really hard to miss. most have that nice Lock symbol on them. and they are ever 4 to 6 threads. Just look a little.

Edit:
I now restate my request to get a poll going on whether we can just ban any one to lazy to open a thread that says "when will the server be back up" or Cant get past loading object". I really think it would cut down on the posts if you added. DO NOT ASK ABOUT SERVER STATUS, OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

I really think this will be far more efective. LOL
Eh, that's pretty close to how this forum operated almost two years ago or so, and they've kinda changed their mantra. They're seeming to want to skate the line between being direct and being nice, as to not insult people. It's a happy medium, but it's hard to maintain.

I'd be in support of such a policy, but some would argue that those people just don't know how to use the forum correctly, and that's not exactly their fault.

I'd argue that anyone who doesn't know how to use the damn forum shouldn't be here anyway.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Alright, I believe we all understand the need for a statement (which is now removed) about the server status threads. Please or no please, the imperative is the same; people NEED to stop creating threads about it. Post in this one for all it matters, as long as the forums aren't being interrupted by something as minor as a 72 hour downtime.

There need be no further discussion on Tanni's point. It was received and noted, though not quite in line with the sentiment in which our little message was posted. The sentiment was not "hey guys, its starting to get a wee annoying all these threads" it was "stop it. i'm wasting my time sorting this stuff. stop it."

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Amen Valkyra, and I thank you and all staff for doing this =)
Good luck with everything; im behind you 100%!!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM

When is the te- Joke
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Hey peeps I has a question. Im new to this so bare with me. When I get to login screen it says my password is incorrect. Now is that due to the server being down or is my password really not correct? lol

And correct me if im wrong but the user name and PW is the same as on the forums yes?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Quality Assurance

They are not talking to one another as of right now. Give it a bit before you try, and as it stands, the servers are not up, so you would not be able to get into the game. They are working on it, so please be patient. When the time comes, you will be informed, through the forums and IRC that the servers are back up, and you will also notice the people disappearing from both as a mad rush to log in will occur.

From what I have read so far, you will still have about, if not more or less, another 24 hours before anything new happens.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbian View Post
first for the comedy portion. OMG! more than 24 hours without swg! an me stuck with a prego hormonally imbalanced wife who is also a game junky! wth are ya thinking leaving a man hangin like this!!!???
on the serious side. yehaa! can't wait to start craftin stuffies! lol
Hormonally imbalanced?! I'll show you hormonally imbalanced!!!

/Smack *hits Isbian upside the head*

Ahem

I'm so excited about the new schematics. This reminds me of waiting for Xmas morning hehe.

/meditate *waits patiently...*

R.I.P. Mordre Morwen - The Ridge Runners <TRR> - Ten Tree Ridge, Talus - Kettemoor (Pre-CU Vet '03-'04)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: