SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM

1) start open vote over small issue cried loudly
2) everyone votes for wipe
3) call off vote result over small issue cried loudly
4) ???
5) profit.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Can I dupe your stuff?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM

I've collected 2 very good points of knowledge from reading comments. First, we ARE lucky to have swgemu, what if we didn't? Obviously we wouldn't be here arguing, but we're arguing cause swgemu is the bomb. think you can make a better pre-cu? Go ahead.

Secondly, yes, we are sort of being pushed around in a bi-polar manner, but i don't blame them. Everyday i try to please everyone, and everyday, at the end of everyday, someone is mad at me. Though i think swgemu has a little bit more than one person mad. But the point is i think we should all just chillax, let the developers figure things out for a day or two, (hopefully only a day or two) and see what they do. I personally think a wipe with frogs would be nice, and I'd consider quitting if they didn't have frogs, but the second i heard about "duping" i was thinking, "wipe this mofo".

So, to admin: I disagree with how you've delt with this, but thank you for making swgemu.
People: Time is what we need. Yes, Benny Benassi right there.

I have been studying the presidents lately, and i always give credits to ones that didn't make the economy any worse. Really, from what i can tell, the producers haven't done harm other than pissing us off.

Again to admin: I think we should get this over with. Wipe it and blue frog us! But, i respect whatever decision you make.

I hope this does something, cause I spent some time on it.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM

leave staff be. So they f*cked up, ppl f*ck up all the time. We shouldn't be blaming them.

We should be blaming the dupers that caused the idea of a poll to happen in the first place. Dupers that padded the vote and made it non-credible.

Staff doesn't know what they are doing any more than we are. As much as I wanted a wipe, and as raging as I am about the decision that was made, whats done is done.

Unless you guys have the skills to start your own emu project, or decide to jump ship, you should prolly relax.

The sad fact is that staff is unable to deal with the duping, or they would have caught and banned them, solving the problem. Staff doesn't have the time or resources to police them.

My only bone to pick with the staff is that they just cannot admit the inability to currently do anything about it. Informing the community would be far less insulting than the stunts recently performed.

So let the staff be, wait for the OR, and just relax.
Nothing can be done as long as: the dupers > the collective abilities and intelligence of staff.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM

I didnt really give a crap if the server was wiped or not. I voted yes to wipe and frogs because the server is severly unbalanced with a ton of overpowered DoT weapons and duped credits/items that make it nearly impossible to trust any player that you don't personally know on the server.

The real issue is the blatant disregard by the devs/dev team that they have had for their community. They saw the response of the first poll, knew it was controversial, adjusted and revised it for a second poll and put in clear goals that, if met in the second poll, would lead to the wipe of TC. Those goals were close to being met and the communities voice was being heard. Instead of doing what was stated in the poll and their guidelines, it was quickly reversed and the poll was stopped and the decision was made not to wipe TC. This was going back on the deal you made with the community. How many more are you willing to go back on? what's the limit?

I came here to play the SWG that i enjoyed, and to this date, it has been enjoyable(even with some of the out of line gear), but after seeing these results and the way in which it was handled makes me not trust that this team is doing the best they can for the community that supports their project.

I will still play, but i'm not going to donate. If i wanted to give my money away just to be lied to i would play the SOE version of SWG instead of this.

The devs are doing a great job, but your Customer Service sucks ass.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru jodo View Post
leave staff be. So they f*cked up, ppl f*ck up all the time.
Yes. Like you say, they made a mistake: now let them correct their error.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporter View Post
Can I dupe your stuff?
Why would you dupe, its a test center and they can wipe without a vote and give no notice anyway? They can delete you account without notice. They pay to provide you to test. It being a test server duping items wouldn't really matter in the long run anyway so duping shouldn't matter because the stuff your duping is not even yours. stop whining, your going to lose your "stuff" if your testing on the Emu no matter what.

tldr; dont dupe, donate, don't whine, contribute to the community.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM

This is so dumb, a majority wanted a wipe. the whole time we have played EMU it is made clear over and over again that this is a test center so we are asked to never ask about status or the server. Now they ask for our opinion and we are ignored for a minority of people who love their millions of credits and uber weapons.

I love SWG just as much as everyone else, and anyone who loves playing the game will come back after a wipe.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
tldr; dont dupe, donate, don't whine, contribute to the community.
A-freakkin-men.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM

Guys! We have our first STAFF response to this issue, over in the "Nothing's really changed" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodextrin
Cry.

Thanks, STAFF! We appreciate it. You guys are awfully consistent addressing the most eminent concerns within the community. For a brief moment, the reliability and trustworthiness of the staff came into question. Some people raised questions such as "Is the staff internally coherent?" "How can a donation-based project remain accountable to its players?" "Why would you actively contradict the majority of players?" As usual, you have swooped in to swiftly correct the error to restore the community's faith.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...t=54683&page=3

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM

This thread seems to contain:

-SWGemu ignored the majority wish for a wipe, SOE ignored the majority, therefore SWGemu = SOE. (SOE being a bad entity...)
-SWGemu team created this, if you don't agree then you can get out.

As we can see, both these arguments are invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidski182 View Post
I disagree with how you've dealt with this, but thank you for making swgemu.
Right here. I like that There's no need to call for heads on a platter. I fully support the SWGemu project, but if the leaders of the project do something that seems "out of line" is it not our right, as community members, to question the decision?

Some argue that without the devs, we would not be here. Which is true, however, without the community the devs wouldn't be here either

We're in a dependent relationship here folks gasp!

Anyway, I do hope the devs rethink their decision but if not then we'll simply move on until OR.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekowraith View Post
guys! We have our first staff response to this issue, over in the "nothing's really changed" thread!

thanks, staff! We appreciate it. You guys are awfully reliable in consistently addressing the most eminent concerns within the community.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...t=54683&page=3
hahahahahha
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM

Umm, why hasent anyone suggested to fix the polling issues? I mean theres got to be a way to do an accurate poll, right?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM

We all should make camps in game and sing kumbaya around the fires on this glorious day of celebrating the fine voting process and how it worked.

The grity and class, of deleting the poll thread, ignoring the results, was a true sign of great things to come.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaris View Post
Umm, why hasent anyone suggested to fix the polling issues? I mean theres got to be a way to do an accurate poll, right?
I'm not sure that's possible unless we somehow verify our true identities. :P Not sure that's gonna fly.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: