SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 03:48 PM

i just want it the way it was as i remember it

never heard anyone cry nerf armor coloring, because it was just a bonus for us, it did absolutly nothing but give the players more joy.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankyEdwards View Post
at the very least if players wanted to recolor their armor they should have to buy some kind of coloring kit like they do for droids and ships and vehicles. but i'd rather it stay with the armorsmith. if he isn't supplying the color you want. email or PM him and make a special order. And if that still doesn't work look for a new place to give your business.

as an architect I wish i could have colored furniture to debate like this.
Color Furniture will be a configurable option decided by server admins.
No I am kiddin But armor color kits to me sounds like a very good option.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 PM

I have to say that I like the idea of armor color kits too, an option that would be fairly cheap to produce but still required an Armorsmith.

At any rate though, glad to hear that harvesters are coming along so nicely and I cant wait for housing!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM

Thanks for answering so many of my questions, devs! I'll try to think of some more to ask you next time (assuming you've survived the SC launch )
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

I read Deda's question. WOW... Really Kyle? That's the stupidest thing I've heard.

If we're doing a vanilla release we should include all the questionable "bugs". This including the radial menu composite color change.

I think that you think it will help armor smiths.... It won't. The armor smith's will have to a lot more hasel with the colors and if the colors aren't 100% right the players won't buy it. Thus making their business harder

Last edited by AZIronman; 04-12-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I've heard stupider.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

We are the developers. We cannot and will not decided what your server uses in terms of 14.1 features. What we WILL do is provide options. Armor recolouring via radial menu will be configurable, just like removing AAs and CAs via radial or the use of mini suits.

Can we please stop worrying. It is a non issue. Yes your server of choice will be able to do it, no that may not reflect exactly what is on our Test Centre.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM

I don't get what everyone's arguing about. It was a feature added temporarily to compensate for a bug. A bug that this version never had. Hence, the feature doesn't need to be added. The developers outright stated that it was a temporary feature to compensate for something stupid they did. It doesn't matter if it's a feature you like, I don't see why we should be including bug fixes for bugs we don't have.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
We are the developers. We cannot and will not decided what your server uses in terms of 14.1 features. What we WILL do is provide options. Armor recolouring via radial menu will be configurable, just like removing AAs and CAs via radial or the use of mini suits.

Can we please stop worrying. It is a non issue. Yes your server of choice will be able to do it, no that may not reflect exactly what is on our Test Centre.
Well I like most people here are going to play suncrusher. The details have not been released so it's a little tense on the staff's view point of things like this.

Also right now on Nova we're striving for patch 14.1 and nothing else. Shouldn't that mean putting this "bug" back in? It's been on the test center before so i wouldn't think it'd be THAT hard of a fix. If I'm wrong correct me I'm no coder.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasleah View Post
I don't get what everyone's arguing about. It was a feature added temporarily to compensate for a bug. A bug that this version never had. Hence, the feature doesn't need to be added. The developers outright stated that it was a temporary feature to compensate for something stupid they did. It doesn't matter if it's a feature you like, I don't see why we should be including bug fixes for bugs we don't have.
exactly. It would be like a publish 15 CU emulator with respecs, which were only available to compensate for the conversion from precu to CU.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIronman View Post
Well I like most people here are going to play suncrusher. The details have not been released so it's a little tense on the staff's view point of things like this.

Also right now on Nova we're striving for patch 14.1 and nothing else. Shouldn't that mean putting this "bug" back in? It's been on the test center before so i wouldn't think it'd be THAT hard of a fix. If I'm wrong correct me I'm no coder.
That's exactly what needs to happen. It's hyprocritical to say you're striving for a complete clone, vanilla copy of pre-cu and state that mini-suits and composite armor color change via radial menu were a bug that's being worked on.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
That's exactly what needs to happen. It's hyprocritical to say you're striving for a complete clone, vanilla copy of pre-cu and state that mini-suits and composite armor color change via radial menu were a bug that's being worked on.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIronman View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth.
I will repeat for clarity's sake: Those features WILL be available. They WILL work, and they will be available for anyone to turn on.

Are they a priority for testing right now? Not really.

Are they going to be used on SunCrusher? Undecided, and we probably won't decide without consultation of the SC community when the time comes.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I will repeat for clarity's sake: Those features WILL be available. They WILL work, and they will be available for anyone to turn on.

Are they a priority for testing right now? Not really.

Are they going to be used on SunCrusher? Undecided, and we probably won't decide without consultation of the SC community when the time comes.
I'm trying to make your head explode.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
I'm trying to make your head explode.
I'll scruff you up good boy

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: