SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM
axeman47 axeman47 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 40
OMG UBESE?
/crap pants
__________________
  #47  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Fedora Fedora is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Three weeks in every direction
Posts: 1,392
Hey everyone, sorry to have been such a stranger for the past month or so. I'm back now - a little birdie told me some pretty unbelievable things about this new update and I was motivated to get back online a.s.a.p.

Needless to say, I don't regret it. Let me throw out a classic "keep up teh good work, guyz" to the devs here...come on fellas. Last leg of the race.
__________________
  #48  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Tropicana Tropicana is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West of China, East of Japan.
Posts: 191
I'm not quite sure if this would be the "feedback" thread for this update, so if it is not, then feel free to move it.

First off, I'd like to thank all the staff for the new armor, and for fixing the resource spawns, and the survey tools, everything is working great. (I apologize for not applauding the various other things you have tweaked, I have yet to have time to test them)

There are a few things I have noticed that have gone arye since the update, however.

Yes, the new armor will undoubtedly feel more like Pre-CU, and fights will last longer, unless you have a stun weapon, and then it just doesn't matter. With the implementation of the new armor, people are simply running over to the gungans, and picking up Pistoleer, Rifleman, or Fencer to settle their disputes. (and for the most part, that is ALL they are using)

I was able to hit people in PvP with a PH (occasionally), but TKM is still the end-all in pvp for melee until the bugs are fixed, and the appropriate defenses work as they are suppose to...which brings me to my next point.

Myself, and a friend went out to go try out some NS, since afterall, the update gave us 90% armor, so Elders should be possible now...right? Wrong.

I am not sure if new loot tables (other than white weapons with worse-than-gungan stats, decorations, and credits) are something that will come with the Restructure, or if NS just have a horrible ratio of decent drops, but I noticed that all they drop are the above.

Anyway, as I was saying, myself, and a friend went out to go fight NS, and we found an elder. I was a near-defense-capped swordsman stacker, with Mbrawler, and he was a swordsman/MD. It literally took us over an hour to almost kill the elder, but our buffs ran out, and we ended up dying.

The points I would like to bring up are that, for some reason, I began to do less damage as the fight persisted. (No, my weapon wasn't low dura, and no I was not stunned or intim, I just started doing 100-200 less dmg as she began to near her death) Also, as the exact same spec, I was hitting less often now, with a PH, than I was before the update, again, I accounted for the times I was stunned, and intim, and I overlooked those occasions. Overall, it is still ridiculously hard to kill a NS elder, and that is not how it was Pre-CU. Yes, I know I was using a 407dmg PH, but that is more than enough to get an elder down in less than an HOUR.

I am assuming states, and their defenses are being worked on, but as a side note, I would like to mention that our defense vs posture change does nothing against NS (and various other npcs), I was kd'd 3 times in a row, and I was posture changed down over 5 times in less than 10 seconds. I vividly remember being able to KD/dizzy ANY humanoid in the game (with the acceptation of Corvette, DWB, and 'boss' npcs.) And NS, and other npcs just aren't effected by those states.

I am sure all of the above are being worked on/fixed in a timely fashion, I am just sharing some info about my experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
We will now be responding to hacking, exploiting, cheating and duping with a Zero-Tolerance policy. This means your account will be perma-banned for ANY and ALL exploiting, hacking or duping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
  #49  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman47 View Post
/crap pants
i'm so glad that's not a real command
  #50  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
S-Guy S-Guy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
"I swear, the text was gone when I got here!" - S-Guy*
Ooh. Orange text. Fancy.
  #51  
Old 07-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Sirius Sirius is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post

Yes, the new armor will undoubtedly feel more like Pre-CU, and fights will last longer, unless you have a stun weapon, and then it just doesn't matter. With the implementation of the new armor, people are simply running over to the gungans, and picking up Pistoleer, Rifleman, or Fencer to settle their disputes. (and for the most part, that is ALL they are using)
This is exactly how pvp was in pre-cu. They were called flavor of the month (fotm) templates, most being a defense stacking, stun weapon wielding combination. That is not to say that there weren't exceptions, you'd occasionally come across a very talented swordsman or carbineer(very occasionally, like benjai starlighter for those chilastra peoples that would remember him) that invested heavily in capping out their stats and the absolute best weapons and armor they could buy spending billions of credits on their characters.

Almost all of the rest of your observations are being looked at in the current code restructure and will be tested upon it's completion.

This update doesn't make the game perfect, we just wanted to let you all have fun while the restructure is being done and testing is a little slower.

Last edited by Sirius; 07-07-2009 at 12:42 AM.
  #52  
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Tothix Tothix is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
*Inyri licks Valkyra.

Good updates.
Ohh.

Thats hawt.


Great job!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  #53  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 AM
bongandbeer bongandbeer is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
I have to say, I was expecting nothing prior to the object restructure... so a wipe and a fix in one week = awesome... keep it up team!!!!
just what came to my mind,.....

awesome surprise =D

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
You're all very welcome.

And, there's a lot more for players to discover that was changed, too.
i love lil secrets
TELL ME TELL ME!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
Never.

Last edited by bongandbeer; 07-07-2009 at 06:51 AM.
  #54  
Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Tropicana Tropicana is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West of China, East of Japan.
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This is exactly how pvp was in pre-cu. They were called flavor of the month (fotm) templates, most being a defense stacking, stun weapon wielding combination. That is not to say that there weren't exceptions, you'd occasionally come across a very talented swordsman or carbineer(very occasionally, like benjai starlighter for those chilastra peoples that would remember him) that invested heavily in capping out their stats and the absolute best weapons and armor they could buy spending billions of credits on their characters.

Almost all of the rest of your observations are being looked at in the current code restructure and will be tested upon it's completion.

This update doesn't make the game perfect, we just wanted to let you all have fun while the restructure is being done and testing is a little slower.
Yes, FoTM was very prevalent Pre-CU, but it took time to grind out your template, and you had to be either highly skilled, or very rich to accomplish what people are doing in 2 minutes on the TC. It is, afterall, a TC, so I guess it is something I will just have to get used to, but it is bothersome nonetheless.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
We will now be responding to hacking, exploiting, cheating and duping with a Zero-Tolerance policy. This means your account will be perma-banned for ANY and ALL exploiting, hacking or duping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
  #55  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
slyyke slyyke is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
You're all very welcome.

And, there's a lot more for players to discover that was changed, too.
please elaborate or at least give us hints
  #56  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Maybe the five Jedi running around today had something to do with Valkyra's changes.
  #57  
Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Klay Klay is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ky
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Maybe the five Jedi running around today had something to do with Valkyra's changes.
Thats what I said.

I guess we'll just have to figure it out on our own.
__________________
Vision without Action, is a daydream..
Action without Vision, is a nightmare..
BH in the making.
  #58  
Old 07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Sharp2255 Sharp2255 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
Thats what I said.

I guess we'll just have to figure it out on our own.

I did not see this?
__________________


  #59  
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Varanis Black Varanis Black is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA Florida
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This update doesn't make the game perfect, we just wanted to let you all have fun while the restructure is being done and testing is a little slower.
Any and all updates are verry much appreciated!
We know you all are working hard and doing your best!!


I cant wait to do some CH testing after the restructure and when you guys decide to reimplement it
  #60  
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Wen Talross Wen Talross is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 237
Christmas in July!!

Like the classical saying! Marvellous work, congratulations and a big hoorah! Above and beyond reproach, and highly commendable. Releasing this while object restructure is a welcome gift, I'm sure the majority of people are happy for such an epic gesture
__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.