SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Oakley View Post
1. Try reading the posts in this forum. The players HAVE been noting the updates that have been going on in the TC. If you had just taken the time, 30 seconds TOPS, to read those posts, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

2. If there was a time where the devs weren't putting out updates very often and you survived through it, then why are you griping when they decide to update more often? I haven't even been on the TC for months now and I know exactly what's going on. Once again, the other people who actually take the time to go on the TC will very likely post in the updates forum about the new stuff they find there. The devs don't have to do it all themselves. It's not like they are obligated to tell you every minute and excrutiating detail through the development of the update. Just read the freaking posts in the updates forum.

there is 18 pages in this thread, Sure every person who wants an update can dig through fire and flames and 30 page threads to get a small detail, thats a great idea, PM the mods and maybe they can just use that as the main way to get updates out. im not going to read ever post to see if one post has a word or 2 about an update. Stop trying to argue to argue, putting it on the main site site is always going to be the best idea..and what do you know, thats what they DO! you have no arguement.

Nobody said they have to tell us anything, ive stated that NUMEROUS times, I asked a question as to why there hasnt been any updates on the main page, and i have also stated there is information in some threads that would be great to see on the main page, how many times do i have to explain this, jesus christ, do you even read my post?

i swear, the comprehension here just gets lower and lower everyday.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=IG-EightyEight;115769]Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

Who isnt waiting? Again you are just like every other idiot who can't comprehend a simple post and you still get offended like I stole your lunch money.

(wonderfully insightful commentary)...
/QUOTE]

Whatever the intention of your posts, you do a damn good job of sounding like an ass in the ones that people call you out on. I realize that you are simply pushing the subject of something that just vanished and no-one is talking about. But, honestly, the reason people don't talk about it is because it is damn easy to realize what is happening.

You see, no matter your intent, you pushed the subject like an ass, and the reason why I responded was because Oru himself responded to your post saying that there was no need for the offensive atmosphere of your post. And you know what happens when the devs are affected by offensive posts? What would anyone do if they were making something for a community of beggars and leeches that throw offensive comments at them for not doing something on their own free time? They loose interest and their resolve is tarnished.

So you see, even though I got the intention of your post, I felt it necessary to respond in order to reinforce to the devs that we are all not a bunch of whiners who make passive-aggressive comments about them not doing something (in which there was an obvious answer as to why).

If you really wanted to get an answer, you could've just as easily posted a topic in general discussion saying:

"Hey guys, I was just wondering if the top 10, Q & A sessions and etc. were going to come back now that clustering is now complete enough to put features in?"

It doesn't ask "why they hell aren't you doing the top 10, wtf guys?!!?" It gets the same point across, without unnecessarily offending people. This is not about being milktoast, it is about basic manners and cordiality. Maybe if you thought from their perspective sometimes it would give you better insight into what your comments look like when they read them.

I am fairly surprised that they actually put up with this sh-t as much as they do, well Ultyma doesn't at all, but now I see why.

All I know is I would have told you to f--- yourself for that comment if I was in there shoes.

Oh and go do me a favor, go take an AQ test.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:15 PM

who are you? I asked a question as to why updates werent happening, and I got a bunch of 15 year olds saying the same garbage over and over.

I actually have respect for the mods and devs because they are actually respond rationally and they respond in regards to what the topic is, not just a bunch of random **** about being patient.

I have been a part of this community for as long as anyone here, if not longer. I simply do not care if I sound like an ass to you, I really could care less, people who know me, know me. I dont care what you think or the other people here trying to defend nobody asking about updates. If I offended you then too bad.

As i stated before, me coming off like an ass is subjective, pretty sure Oru was responding to the 2nd post I made when I was aruging with the offended kid who responded to my first post, Ive talked to the devs and mods on here numerous times and been here for a long time, If I sound like an ass when I ask "whats going on with updates" then so, so, sorry for stepping on your toes. Don't get so offended by something that doesnt even regard you.

Maybe it is easy to realize whats going on, for people who log on the TC, dig through numerous threads everyday and hang out on IRC, you do however realize that 99% of the people that follow this project only look on the main page for updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrej View Post

All I know is I would have told you to f--- yourself for that comment if I was in there shoes.

well hey, thats awesome, but you arent them, if I was them I would probably ban anyone under 20 years old...but again, nobody cares because I nor you are devs. and you clearly don't understand the situation and circumstances in which it was asked in. But yea you got me spot on dude, im a begger and a leecher and I constantly throw around offensive comments to the devs....

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-05-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Wow.

Just wow.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Guys cmon, make love not hate.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
Guys cmon, make love not hate.
i like love
Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-EightyEight View Post
there is 18 pages in this thread, Sure every person who wants an update can dig through fire and flames and 30 page threads to get a small detail, thats a great idea, PM the mods and maybe they can just use that as the main way to get updates out. im not going to read ever post to see if one post has a word or 2 about an update. Stop trying to argue to argue, putting it on the main site site is always going to be the best idea..and what do you know, thats what they DO! you have no arguement.

Nobody said they have to tell us anything, ive stated that NUMEROUS times, I asked a question as to why there hasnt been any updates on the main page, and i have also stated there is information in some threads that would be great to see on the main page, how many times do i have to explain this, jesus christ, do you even read my post?

i swear, the comprehension here just gets lower and lower everyday.
You got me there. I mean there's NO possible way you could...I don't know...search for the information that you want inside individual threads. Oh...Wait, there is. The search function. Use it. BTW, the updates are RARELY going to be discussed in just one post.

Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.

- My t-shirt
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM

This is pretty good entertainment, can we move it to an argument thread and then ask for constant updates.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Oakley View Post
You got me there. I mean there's NO possible way you could...I don't know...search for the information that you want inside individual threads. Oh...Wait, there is. The search function. Use it. BTW, the updates are RARELY going to be discussed in just one post.
LOL and you still dont get it. pure comedic gold. Hhahahaha
Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Take it to PM's, IG and I did already.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Take it to PM's.
truth
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM

sorry. I didn't read the last half page before replying. My reply was only in context to my original message. I am sending it as a PM now.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.

Last edited by Zaff; 10-06-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:17 AM

sry ill respond to PM's tomorrow morning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: