SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 PM

So when SC goes live. And we want multiple characters. What are we to do?

With SOE, we had to pay for a second account. However, that will not be an option with the emu.

Will we be forever stuck with one character?

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x
Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefixx2 View Post
Ok, the "multiple instances" doesn't work, first I never enabled it, it just says they are allowed in the options, second when I double click LPE to start another instance it will not allow 2 LPE's to be open at once? any help?
Once you open the LPE you need to click the options and toggle it from false to true on "allow multiple instances". That will allow you to login with two different characters at the same time. Make sure you do this on the launchpad screen not ingame.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 AM

The current system allows you to have as many alt characters as you wish, it also allows you to log in any two at the same time..

Pretty fair I think keeps the server sane and allows more players to help test for bugs.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM

When the servers go live it will be up to them how many characters you can have per account. Suncrusher isn't going to be the only one.

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokho View Post
When the servers go live it will be up to them how many characters you can have per account. Suncrusher isn't going to be the only one.
The primary question is: "How many characters will be allowed on SC, and how many will be allowed online at once?"

It's fair to assume, given the developer's opinions and their plans up to this point, that we MAY be given up to two characters for our account. As well as allow us to have both characters online at once, however not more than one account (e.g: max of 2 created, max of 2 online at once, with the possibility of a Force Sensitive slot should it be unlocked).

At this time, do NOT expect more than that, and expect it to be stricter (e.g: max of 2 toons, 1 online at once, or max of 1 toon with 1 online).

Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM

In my opinion if they limit an account to 2 max characters they are going to lose out on alot of players. They want to prevent multiple account creation they need to keep it open for how many different characters we can create. Yes I agree with limiting the amount you can log on at one time. Coming from someone who between myself and my husband we paid for 7 accounts. So if they limit the amount of characters to only 2 total we probably won't stick around for long. We liked the diversity of playing different types of players depending on the type of mood we are in. Not to mention why penalize the players that actually want to do the crafting portion by putting them in the spot to have to chose which they want to do more. I love my crafting but I also enjoyed playing my TK and at times enjoyed just sitting in a cantina with my entertainer chatting with players while I buffed. To be successful as a crafter you need to have a support character to gather the resources necessary to make the items.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM

I dont know how many they will allow us to have on our account but likely only 1 online at a time. Right now we get 2 because there are no harvesters so it allows us to get resources to craft with. Because otherwise it would be extremely hard to craft anything.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:27 PM

The reasoning behind why we were only allowed one character per galaxy per account on live should be kept in mind when deciding how many total will be allowed on SC and other servers:

Keeping it to 1 per galaxy per account made them a lot more money.

Aside from that, there really was no valid reason for them to do that. More characters on a server meant more monthly income. On a non-profit server, this really shouldn't be the main issue.

If it were up to me, I'd set it at one account per person, total of 8 characters, with only two logged on at any given time. This enables people to play pretty much whatever they want without having to go to different servers. If it's seriously limited, it's only a detriment to the continuous player base. People will go elsewhere to find what they want - that's why most of us here instead of there anyways. Limiting it to two logged on at any given time should reduce lag and leave more space for new or other players while still giving everyone plenty of options.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM

I completely agree with having a 2 logged on limit. Many of us multitask so only being allowed one character logged on would really discourage a bunch of people and quite frankly would cause people to find ways around the 1 account limit to get a second character on. I see no valid reason for limiting it down to only 1 character at a time. If they had no intetion of allowing us to dual log then why did they include the option for us to do that in the first place. So I don't see them taking that away from us.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM

just want to play with my son

It may seem like i tried to create a duplicate account, but honestly I just want to play with my son, we had so much fun playing the original swg together. is there any way he can use a seperate account to play with me, we both use the same connection so I dont know what else to do. His account name is Starmage.

Aurora
Old 12-29-2009, 09:14 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedsister View Post
It may seem like i tried to create a duplicate account, but honestly I just want to play with my son, we had so much fun playing the original swg together. is there any way he can use a seperate account to play with me, we both use the same connection so I dont know what else to do. His account name is Starmage.

Aurora
Make an account for your son and if or better yet when it gets banned, send an email to community@swgemu.com and explain your situation. It will be resolved in a few days (maybe more because of the holidays).

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM

Don't wait for it to get banned I made an account for my wife and there was a box that said something along the lines of if you're making an account for another person in the household email them at community@swgemu.com We've not had a problem with being banned.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Ok I am kinda confused just a little with some of this going on I do know that there is 1 account per person with I take it 1 IP address.

I have also seen some text that 1 account can have 2 chars running and if I am correct on what I have seen this issue is ok.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silia View Post
Ok I am kinda confused just a little with some of this going on I do know that there is 1 account per person with I take it 1 IP address.

I have also seen some text that 1 account can have 2 chars running and if I am correct on what I have seen this issue is ok.
It goes:

One person-->One account-->As many characters created As you like--> Two characters logged at the same time.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks Vlada

I know its anoying to see this issue pop up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: