SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 06:55 PM

If your still about on the thread max i was just wondering whether you've been working on the update or the object restructure longer? and was just wondering how long you have been working on the update for, if you can't tell us that's cool

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE

I believe in keeping things simple....
Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Oh.
Are you intentionally trying to twist my words? I only stated rules that the Devs put in way back when I originally signed up for this project. I even went as far as to define the "WE" as the devs and you do not see the title "DEV" anywhere on my account. I did not tell anyone how to act, hell I didn't even say they had to follow these rules. I only stated that most of us don't care to hear that your feelings got hurt because you were flamed for not following the rules that the DEVELOPERS put in place.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 PM

I hope they take as long as they need, then test it for at least a month to make sure it all fits. The scale of what they did is hard to imagine unless you've worked with a really large code base.

In the future, this few months will be MONEY in the bank and I admire the entire team for making an unpopular, but wonderful decision. This will make it easier for everyone that dreams of their own server, and will make it better for all of us.

Kudos. Very few amateur teams would make this choice. This is as close to a professional side-project as exists.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 PM

you know the very same staff members that go on about how they dont have the time to post litle bits of info here and there are they same ones who spend hours posting replying and generally trolling some peoples threads. and whats more they arent devs.

I will state that i am behind the actual developers of core3 110% the ones (Real devs not staff but devs of core3)that i have spoken to have always been helpful couteous and professional.

The staff however seem to be acting like middle schoolers whos teacher is out sick for the week. please note the distinction i am making here
Forum mods - staff
client devs - staff (should be client hackers bth since they arent really developing the client but hacking(modding) it
IRC Mods - staff
QA(testers) -- staff

Developers - well self explaintory but ( All the people working on core3 and engine3)

in truth the testers shouldnt even be staff no other community or project makes beta testers staff members at most in the mmo world you get ingame perks thats about it. and of course well you get to see and play the game before everyone else lol

Frankly i dont care if my post is unpopular but truthfully you dont see the linux distro staff acting like they have egos the size of alaska or plainly stated trying to perform for their friends on the forum to get laughs, honestly it just makes them look like 12 year olds to the rest of us. so it being an open source non profit project has no bearing on how the staff has been acting of late.

The devs are doing an amazing job and yeah from what i have heard the or will be a major step in the right direction, all anyone has asked for is updates on what is going on not eta's or deadlines or what not. imagine that the community likes to stay informed and to be treated with respect. you know your name being a special color doesnt automaticly make you entitled to respect you have to earn respect and the developers i have spoken to have earned my respect. That said you cant sit there and spend hours on end posting trolling and replying to threads and say you dont have the time to post a bit of info about such a major update to the project i mean come on lol

Im not an ass kisser i never have been i never will be i will fight tooth and nail if i disagree with something, and i strongly disagree with the STAFF on how they behave because most often they behave like children.

The devs however not only do i stand behind them and appreciate all they do but i really do pitty them having to see the bs and drama that goes on especially that which the staff take part in so they can look cool to their friends by **** talking and going on egomaniacle power trips.

I think its time that the distinction was made here I in no way belittle or demean the core 3 dev team they are awesome (Least the ones ive spoken to) but something has got to be done about how the staff act on these forums because it makes the devs and project look bad.

To all you ass kissers seriously lol noone likes an ass kisser

As a side note the devs deciding to do the OR Was not an unpopular decision infact i for one support it 100% it will or should open many doors for future development. What I Dont agree with is the bs that has gone on of late rules apply to everyone but most importantly the staff members learn to lead by example and if you want respect earn it dont expect it because you have a nodicum of tenuous power and think your hot **** on a stick because you bs'ed your way into a spcially colored name

Last edited by quadroplex; 09-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadroplex View Post
you know the very same staff members that go on about how they dont have the time to post litle bits of info here and there are they same ones who spend hours posting replying and generally trolling some peoples threads. and whats more they arent devs.
Actually, Oru and The Answer are the one's in charge of 99% of what's going on at the moment. The rest of the Devs/Mods/Whatevers are waiting on them to finish before they can get to work themselves. Thus, they might as well post on the forums and tell us (Rather cryptically. XD) what's up. They've really little else to do at the moment.

I'll go ahead an admit, I didn't read all of your post. And if I read it wrong, or left something out, I apologize in advance. I think I read enough to get the idea though, which is flaming the Staff. Not, I'm not here either to sit here and make sure they have their drinks and cushy pillows to sit on, but seriously, they are doing all this work for free. Only a moron complains about free. Heck, even if they lied to us and really were wasting hours atta time on the forums instead of coding, they're still getting more than you or I. And that's why I keep my mouth shut...

One more thing. I don't know if you know this or not, but for future flames/rants/arguements, theres a simple tool you can use to help people take you seriously.

Grammar check.

Last edited by Amitrov_Derinth; 09-08-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 AM

The only one acting 12 is Quadroplex. Good god, kid, for someone not contributing you sure complain alot. If you want to cut down on the BS and Drama, please, stop posting.

I for one, was capable of reading the "Bi-Weekly updates on Hold" post, and respect that decision to not get our hopes up everything, when theres nothing really to work on while a few members get stuff straigtened out.

As for the ass kissers comment:

I'd rather be an ass kisser than a kiddie troll punk on the forums.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

/awaits apocalypse
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 AM

@quadroplex Patience is key my young padawan.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Services Manager

You know, there's really no explanation needed for this lock. All this thread seems to be doing now is attracting people who 'appreciate the devs' but then turn around and flame all the other staff members.

We put a ton of time into this project as well, even though we don't contribute code. Keep this in mind. Without the moderators and administrators, GMs and ECs, there wouldn't be an IRC, TC, or forums. Those all require additional staff members to run so that the devs don't have to spend their time cleaning up people's fits on the forums.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: