SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.17 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Retired Game Master

Bi-Weekly Update 01 December 2009

Bi-Weekly Update for 01 December 2009

1) Contents

• Light on Staffing for the Holidays
  • Exploiting using Bugged Food
  • Posting to Appropriate Forums
  • Crash to Desktop
  • In-Game Macros
  • Camping the Cloners
  • Notice on TC Fixes and Changes
  • Staffing and Support
  • Quick Stats

2) Body:

Minimal Staffing

The staff wants to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season over the next month.

With the holidays looming, many staff will be taking time off to spend time with family and friends. Please be aware that staff will not be as available as we normally are during other months of the year. Responses to emails, postings and other issues may be slow.

Food Exploits on TC Nova

Exploiting by using bugged food is not allowed on TC Nova. Please delete and refrain from using Flameout and Scrimpi. Additionally, some peices of Synthsteak may be bugged. You can see if the sythsteak is bugged by watching the combat log. If you are taking zero damage, please delete those pieces of sythsteak. Taking zero damage is considered exploiting and the account is subject to administrative action.
<<<modified: Exo-protien wafers are added to this list of bugged foods. It is best if you do not use synthsteak at all. >>>
<<<Note: Actions will now be taken on users that repeatedly violate this temporary ban>>>

Posting to the Appropriate Forums

We have many new members who have entered our community and are not always aware of forum posting rules. Please review these Terms of Service, Player Rules and Policies and Forum Use guidelines before posting. All members are encouraged to stay on topic for the thread. The trolling, flaming, advertising and otherwise disrespecting of others counteracts the productive purpose of the forums and will face increased scrutiny and severe consequences. Please report inappropriate posts.

Special thanks to those members who have thoughtfully and consistently helped put newbie posters back on track: Labryinth, Vlada, and mijom.

Crash To Desktop

Some players are experiencing CTD when on Endor and Lok. The following changes to your game set up will often alleviate this issue. Close all instances of the game. Then open LaunchPadEnanced, choose game options, and go to the advanced tab. Disable the the world preloading, file caching, and asynchronous loader. Save and close your LPE. Restart LPE and attempt to load in. If this does not work, it also helps to disable bump mapping, use low detail textures, disable multiple-pass rendering and disable V-sync.

Cantina In-Game Macros

It is becoming hard for ATK players to speak in spatial in the cantinas due to AFK macros spamming spatial. Spamming is against the Player Rules for TC. Please keep all AFK spam emotes and repeated macro lines to 5 minute intervals or longer. This makes the minimum pause at 300. There isn't a real need to make announcements, solicit tips or make random emotes more than once every 5 minutes if you are not ATK. Entertainer buffers can deliver their instructions via groupchat in their macro. All AFK spammers will find themselves with a one-way trip to southern Lok and repeat offenders will be introduced to firmer measures.

Camping in the Cloners

Players that kill another character in the field may not follow the character to the cloner and "camp" them for a second or third kill. This includes bringing additional members of the killer's guild or alts to wait at the cloner. As a rule of thumb, do not kill any player within the cloning facility.
<<<Note: Actions will now be taken on users that repeatedly violate this temporary ban>>>

Notice on TC Fixes and Changes

Until further notice, the only upcoming TC fixes will be dealing with the rubberbanding issues. All other fixes will be applied after the OR is released.
  • Removed Channel Force Skill due to it being broken
  • Removed a number of other miscellaneous broken skills until they are fixed.

Staff and Support

• We would like to welcome Ellyssia to the GM team. She has provided outstanding support and assistance as a volunteer. Everyone give a great big hand to our newest GM!

Last but not least, we'd especially like to thank the Support Volunteers who have been overwhelmingly helpful with IRC support. We'd never get anything done without them! Thanks to: Shadow-Viper, Tiger, Corbaer, Mijom, Ellyssia, Shotter, KarlDeux, Geforce and sam_enock

Quick Stats for 15 November 2009 to 1 December 2009

Developer Code Commits: 1

Average Web/Forum Daily Hits:
Total Web/Forum Hits:
Total Users who used the Website:
Current number of SWGEmu Accounts: 103,089

Average TC Daily Logins:
Total TC Logins:
Total Users who used the TC:

3) Staff Perspectives ("Round Table")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow'lin View Post
I'd like to start get some events going for you guys and I have some ideas, but I would absolutely love to hear what you guys have in mind. Shoot me an email at towlin@swgemu.com and let me know what you've got! If the events team likes it and it gets approved, you can be sure to see it happen on Nova! Keeping watching the forums and the events calendar for upcoming events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
I've been busy with school, trying to finish off the semester strong. Furthermore, my parents have been in desperate need of help around their house. I have been spending a lot of time on that front cleaning, repairing, and preparing their house for eventual market. Coupled with the approaching holidays, these activities have been soaking up most of my free time. After the 18th of December, I should have more time to get knee deep in the OR again.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 12-09-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: updated to include food exploit issue and cloner camping
Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Woot!

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Second.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 PM

cool beans.

thanks for the update!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:46 PM

As normal thanx for the updates, big or small, doesnt matter just nice to hear how things are going. Happy holidays to all!!!
Revy Othyou - Ahazi (NGE MBH)

SWGEmu
Iwifia Othyou - TC Nova, Future Sun Crusher
Cya Othyou - TC Nova, Future Sun Crusher

Beta 2 Vet, miss the old, never embrace the new.

Long Live the EMU
Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Nice.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-01-2009, 10:07 PM

Excellent
Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Thank you Serpentkaa for making it publicly clear concerning those particular food exploit.

Chef Forum

IGN Hammy [Chef], Wammy [Delivery Person], HamHam [Wookie Breakdancer]
Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the update!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Great update! Thanks.

Enjoy the holidays!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Good to hear what's happening.

And don't worry about the low staffing, I'm sure a lot of members will be less active themselves cause of their own holiday ventures, so hopefully less to moderate and deal with anyways.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM

very nice...ty devs
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM

Nice. Looking forward to more details about the OR progress in December then ;-).
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 PM

I've been to southern lok lately...there is no escape!

WTB...Master Doc to drag my corpse back to Nyms...lol!

Last edited by caveshmoe; 12-01-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the update. It's good to know a bit about what's going on behind the scenes, and even a hidden indication of at least how much longer we can expect to enjoy our current incarnation of the Emu.

Keep it up guys!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: