SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikity View Post
Could it really take another 4 years?
It could.

Theoretically it could take another 50 years.

But I'm guessing that the real question is, will it take another 4 years?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Quality Assurance Deputy Manager
Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
It could.

Theoretically it could take another 50 years.

But I'm guessing that the real question is, will it take another 4 years?
it shouldnt take another 4 years, i cannot give a number but its not going to be that long unless somthing stupid happens, like every single copy of our code and backup and the datacenter gets blow up or lost.

and we have alot of back ups.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 AM

For all those whiners, listen up. This is the beginning of the next phase. This IS the next phase! Bugs should be easier to find/fix and the server should run way more smoothly. Quit whining about the server being down or the fact that it's being wiped again. View these as positive things. It means they found another bug to fix thus making the server that much better. I know wiping means starting over, but stop thinking about yourself right now, and think about everyone else going through the same thing and NOT whining about it. These wipes mean progress towards the end result, a fully functional server of the game we all know and love. Thanks Devs for everything you do. Most of us really appreciate it!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

I know this has been mentioned countless times before but in my opinion the big clue that a wipe was possible is the part that some people seem to miss that says "Test Center" I'm no expert but from playing on the test centers of other games wipes happen and then you start again with a slightly better game more working features etc. Then you test the hell out of it until it is wiped again and yet more new features are implemented... and so the cycle repeats.
I understand that in this case there is no live server to play on yet, but that is the aim of the test center, and having beta tested a few games in the past I treat this as beta testing as there was no live server for JTL when I tested that, or any of the other games I was invited to test.
Also my final thought on this, surely the wipe is a good thing because as well as gettiing the OR with it's new coding and features, everyone is in the same boat and any new players don't have to struggle to get anywhere because of the economy.

R.I.P Monsoir
Former Mayor and City Council Member of Hades and Elder Guild Council Member of HARM.
R.I.P Europe-Chimaera
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 AM

My first time posting here so don't burn me to bad cause I have a couple of noob questions.

First let me say yahoo!!!! for the OR and that I am looking forward to making this game the way its supposed to be an even better. Now when I ask these questions, I am just asking cause I am curious.

First these blue frogs, when we did the OR test they where giving out items and professions and what not etc? Is that how they will function in this new OR?

Secondly, From what I read on here, and my reading could be completely off base cause I a bit of a retard, is that you will not be able to unlock Jedi. If this is true will it be implemented later? If you can then ignore this question.

Last, will JTL be implemented? As in will we be able to get our own ships and all that?

Sorry if these questions where answered already and if they cannot be answered then that is fine also.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakegass03 View Post
My first time posting here so don't burn me to bad cause I have a couple of noob questions.

First let me say yahoo!!!! for the OR and that I am looking forward to making this game the way its supposed to be an even better. Now when I ask these questions, I am just asking cause I am curious.

First these blue frogs, when we did the OR test they where giving out items and professions and what not etc? Is that how they will function in this new OR?
Yes the Blue Frogs will function very close to the way they did on the short OR tests that were put onto the TC. It may vary a bit as the developers change what is on the Blue Frogs.

Quote:
Secondly, From what I read on here, and my reading could be completely off base cause I a bit of a retard, is that you will not be able to unlock Jedi. If this is true will it be implemented later? If you can then ignore this question.
Jedi will not be available for awhile, it is way down on the list of things to test on the OR. Crucial game systems will need testing first, but of course we will get to that eventually.

Quote:
Last, will JTL be implemented? As in will we be able to get our own ships and all that?
JTL will not be implemented. That is not planned to be worked on until the server is complete up to 14.1 standards, minus JTL. The developers then plan to work on it.

Quote:
Sorry if these questions where answered already and if they cannot be answered then that is fine also.
Not a problem, let me know if you have anymore questions!

Helpful Links:
SWGEMU Install Guide | IRC for Beginners | SWGEMU Faq | BugTracker
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:

Last, will JTL be implemented? As in will we be able to get our own ships and all that?.
I'm not sure about the blue frogs, I haven't really read up on that one.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Jedi will not be in the OR at first but will be implemented at a later date.

I also am not sure about JTL but again for some reason remember reading that it may be implemented eventually.

Hope this help and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

R.I.P Monsoir
Former Mayor and City Council Member of Hades and Elder Guild Council Member of HARM.
R.I.P Europe-Chimaera
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM

Excellent!

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelforjake View Post
I'm not sure about the blue frogs, I haven't really read up on that one.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Jedi will not be in the OR at first but will be implemented at a later date.

I also am not sure about JTL but again for some reason remember reading that it may be implemented eventually.

Hope this help and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Well, about jedis... Of course it will be implemented, but I guess it will be one of the last thing to be in.
just one reason... if it's the holocron system, every other profession ingame must work properly, or we'll never see a jedi....
best example for me, it's Creature Handler. If CH is not implemented and working, anyone with CH as an holocron won't be able to unlock...

And that is working with any other profession, like ranger, squad leader, ...

Bugged professions (at least being able to master) mean NO jedi...
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM

Cool, just logge don for the first time in 2 months and seen were about to get the OR. Great timing. Glad to have had so much time to test out and replay some old code.

Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Hey, if I have to wait for CH, the jedi people can wait for jedi.. lol
Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracaris View Post
The OR is the new code to be tested. As such, there will be wipes. Often and many. These wipes will continue until such time as it is deemed that Pre-CU has been fully (minus some bugs and JTL) achieved, at which point the Test Center will be retired and 1.0 will be launched.
as a noob also, so there isn't a way to save the toons when updating the server with new code?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
QA Community Tester Team

Thanks to all the dev's also for the Mini event last night. That was awesome and someone had great fun programming that. You guys have done well even holding events while trying to put all this together.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlord View Post
as a noob also, so there isn't a way to save the toons when updating the server with new code?
No...

Quote:
The entire database will be wiped:

* All Characters
* All Inventories
* All Auctions/Banks
* All Datapads (includes vehicles/waypoints/etc)
* All Resource Spawns

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddukel View Post
Well, about jedis... Of course it will be implemented, but I guess it will be one of the last thing to be in.
just one reason... if it's the holocron system, every other profession ingame must work properly, or we'll never see a jedi....
best example for me, it's Creature Handler. If CH is not implemented and working, anyone with CH as an holocron won't be able to unlock...

And that is working with any other profession, like ranger, squad leader, ...

Bugged professions (at least being able to master) mean NO jedi...
Hear hear!

I absolutely expect to see DE added into testing well before Jedi is.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: